Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Here’s to a kinder, gentler year: lavender and mallow with orris root, angelica, frosted vanilla bean, and osmanthus.

To Gossip, Slang and “Cuss-Words”

I’ll bid a last “Adieu”

And place a bridle on my tongue

And thoughtless actions, too!

Deep purple, creamy, floral lavender and the silvery, powdered sugar scent of orris, on a bed of strong, creamy vanilla.  It leans gourmand on my skin, sort of like a bar of lavender infused white chocolate, but not overly sweet.  Perhaps more like a lavender infused glass of warm milk with a little sugar.  It's a perfect sleep blend because it's not overly aggressive.  I find TKO to be too strong, sweet, and in-my-face for bedtime, but I could happily wear this to relax.

Like the previous poster, I love this and I don't love TKO. This is much gentler but it's still a beautiful marshmallow vanilla lavender. I love this lavender 💜 

Wow, this is gorgeous. It does start out as a sweet, purple floral scent and it dries down to the most dreamy vanilla, mallow and Orris scent with just a hint of lavender and osmathus. This one I may need a back up bottle of. 

Just applied: vanillic and lightly floral, the mallow is coming through but it's more floral and less lavender than I expected.  Actually if I didn't know there was lavender I'm not sure I would notice it.  This reminds me of Witch-Birds except this doesn't have whatever the "corrupted" and weird note was that disagreed with me in that scent.  I could imagine wearing this in early spring.  

It didn't change much for me over time, I layered a little Row of Trees with it, and they compliment each other well.

There's notes in here that, when wet, to me at least-clash; this resolves itself on application by directly morphing that to a more dusty coherency, while the other notes (I struggle to pick them apart here besides being able to pick out the lavender, mallow and vanilla bean, but these are also very well blended. And it IS similar to TKO to a certain degree - and I agree with the beforementioned 'marshmallow vanilla lavender', but it's grounded by something almost earthy, while not being overly sweet or overboard with anything, really.

this opens with an herbal/realistic lavender, orris and vanilla. i get a hint of rootiness from the orris. in the beginning it isn't too sweet. it's herbal and comforting like a lavender sachet. a bit later, i get something mildly foody, like shortbread, it smells like these lavender shortbread cookies i used to get at miette patisserie in san francisco...(if you know what i am talking about, they are amazing.) later, that element seems to dissipate and it's mostly lavender/vanilla and a hint of the other notes now which add some non-vanillic sweetness. it is quite soothing, and compared to TKO, it's less sweet and a bit more complex. and maybe this lavender is heavier, or it's a more herbal lavender? i am unsure. but it's a bit different than TKO, most likely due to the orris which is earthy. later i get a white chocolate note that another reviewer mentioned, but it takes awhile for that to come out. this one is so pretty and comforting at the same time.

Edited by theseagrows

Orris and I aren't friends, but I decided to try this anyways, because this Black Friday imp of yore worked on me, despite its orris note, and this scent shares a few notes with that one.

The orris in this didn't make me smell like I had fallen into a vat of baby powder, but I still didn't enjoy this scent as much as that Black Friday exclusive imp. I believe this is mostly about the osmanthus on me, and it is much more floral than I was expecting, with very little lavender (it fades away before the scent is even dry on my skin). However, I'm not familiar with the scent of angelica, but I didn't smell anything green, herbaceous, musky, or woody, which Google says angelica smells like. After a while, the mallow adds a light sweetness to the scent, and the orris adds a dusty floral quality to it. The vanilla wasn't noticeable on me, sadly.

I wanted more lavender and more mallow and vanilla. Wahh.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Unfortunately, this Gossip, Slang & Cuss-words is more akin to TKO than I like. TKO has some stealth champaca-based incense note that dominates on my skin (such a shame because I love lavender & marshmallow…). It’s happening to me here, too. 🙀 The main difference is that the osmanthus is lending a floral tartness to the experience, which works even less without the vanilla-sweetness I usually enjoy it combined with. Silly skin. 
It’s true that sticks and stones may break bones, but words can damage just as much, and my sweet lavender scent-loving soul is officially crushed. 

The smell of sleep, all bottled up. It’s mostly light lavender and tart vanilla on me. I wasn’t looking for a sleep scent but I keep reaching for this one and then falling asleep in record time. 

Soft florals among marshmallows and vanilla. The osmanthus is the strongest on me. I think the lavender is there, mellowing it out, but I cannot pick out the lavender on its own. There's a noticeable backdrop of bouncy vanilla marshmallows. From the distance the mix of floral and foodie notes almost reminds me of bubblegum. Overall, osmanthus on a bed of marshmallows, sweet and more floral than foodie., with a slight cozy roundness to it.

Good night, and may you have the softest of dreams 🌛☁️

I like to wear a drop of TKO, layered with lots of Vanilla Bean/Marshmallow/Benzoin to bed. I've been rotating this combo with Paper Phoenix. GSCW is also definitely joining my sleep rotation. 

The lavender in this scent has a lot more camphorous coolness than TKO. It doesn't smell like mint, just reminds you of the cool feel of spearmint. The osmanthus and angelica is a great support too - I find that I like lavender better when paired with another flower like tobacco flower (like in Wreath of Snow) or here. There's also a soft creaminess from mallow and orris, and a touch of vanillic sweetness. 

I used to not like lavender too much but Beth's blends have long since converted me.

On me, this is lavender, frosted vanilla beans, Wolf's Heart, & the floofy mallow from TKO :wub2:.  My decant is almost gone, so I'm glad I was able to score a bottle through a forum purchase.  If you love Wolf's Heart, you may want to grab this before it's gone!