Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Vintage Witch Blow Mold

A plastic cauldron filled with green tea-infused white chocolate, illuminated from within by 40 watts of glowing amber.

This goes on as white chocolate and white amber, and I believe it is the same white amber from Schönperchten from some Yules ago. The white amber ends up being the star on me, with the green tea being much more subdued than usual, but lending a brightness to the scent. (I can smell it more 3 hours after the initial application than I did originally, but it never overtakes the other notes.) It's not the same as White Chocolate, Mysore Sandalwood, and Lemon Peel from this year's Luper update, but I'd say it's a cousin to it, with a soft blanket of white amber instead of the Mysore sandalwood, and with green tea lifting it up instead of lemon peel. I'd also recommend trying this if you liked Hohensalzburg Fortress from the Winter Travelogue update, as this has that white amber, but with white chocolate instead of milk chocolate. There's nothing super plasticy about this, so I wouldn't let that bit of the description scare you away. I get a light hint of it when I sniff up close, but maybe it's just the power of suggestion from the name.

I was kind of hoping for more green tea from this, but I'm not mad. This actually smells really comforting, and I could see myself using it as a sleep scent.

Edited by doomsday_disco

i don't always have the best luck when it comes to blind-bottle picks, but this one called to me and i really scored a hit!  

gorgeous grey/white amber, softened and sweetened by creamy white chocolate. the green tea is understated, but it brings a subtle breath of freshness and lightness, making this dance on the skin. but the amber is the star here and it's really outstanding! there's a resiny sharpness to the amber that creates a great foil for the rich, creamy white chocolate. the green tea note just lifts the whole thing up. 

i agree with @doomsday_disco that this is reminiscent to the composition of the mysore sandalwood trio. a different scent profile altogether, but if you liked the way those notes played off each other, and aren't opposed to the notes here, you might like this one too!

When my weenie order arrived this is the first scent I tried and this one is most definitely a win for me.

On me this is creamy, white chocolate and glowing amber. The amber does give this a feel of warmth or being lit from within. I can also smell the green tea, it blends really well into the white chocolate and smells more like a creamy, green tea & white choc latte rather than a more astringent green  tea note. I'm relieved I don't get anything plasticky here.  I can see myself wearing this one alot.

Edited by becca_s

This is smooth white chocolate and powdery matcha green tea on me. The amber note brightens up the perfume and keeps it from being too creamy. Sometimes, the green tea veers a tiny bit soapy on me but it's not overwhelming or bad. During the dry-down stage, I also got an indolic note hanging around, but mostly it added a sinister aura to the perfume.

Overall, it's nice. The white chocolate is very similar to White Chocolate and Fruity Puff-Style Cereal, so I can't help but wish for a fruity note in this perfume. It'd probably be good for layering.

This is a very bright scent, neon green. I keep smelling lemon even though there is no lemon listed. I'm guessing that is the green tea and the sharpness of the amber blending. The white chocolate isn't as strong as the one in the white chocolate Mysore sandalwood trio. This one goes a bit musty on me. 

Elevated matcha white chocolate truffle. The green tea, which is more matcha on me, and the chocolate, a very sugary, light chocolate, are the strongest on me. The amber is there, playing support in the background, taking the scent away from being particularly foodie. As the scent wears, the green tea comes out more strongly, but the other notes are not lost. Overall, a very pleasant balance of earthy matcha, sweet chocolate, and warm amber.

at the start i get the white chocolate which is reading as a bit nutty. i think i get a hint of green tea which comes off as slightly astringent. later on i think i am getting green tea and amber as well, and there is a hint of something plasticky. it's kind of odd, and not overly foody.  the plasticky note gets amped up on me after awhile and it's chocolate, plastic and a hint of green tea. while interesting to a degree, is not wearable for me. 

Edited by theseagrows

This one was a white chocolate dream. The green tea did lean a little tangy but it balanced so nice with the white chocolate. The amber was there too but light and just kinda helped hold it all together. I hesitated at first on this one but so glad I went for it. Love green tea lattes and this fits that in a lovely scent form. 🫖

I like Vintage Witch enough to keep my decant, but not to go for a full bottle.  The white chocolate is my favorite thing about it, and smells sweet and lightly creamy/milky.  I don't love the lemony, sharp green tea, however, and the toasty, warm amber turns a little more powdery than I would like in the drydown.  It leans a little too powdery and a little too sharply lemony for me, though the white chocolate does soften and sweeten its edges enough that I wind up enjoying it. 
I have an epic hoard of the original Thirteen blend for when I want a white chocolate and citrusy tea blend, and I do prefer that one.