Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

EGG NOG
Sweet brandy, dark rum, heavy cream, sugar, and a dash of nutmeg.

Oh, Mama. This one is DEAD ON ACCURATE. I am madly obsessed with Egg Nog. For me, the Holidays wouldn't be the same without it. And a good batch of Egg Nog has a scent to it that is equally as appealing as the taste.

And BPAL's limited edition masterpiece has that scent... the smell of the perfect batch of Egg nog, served up in an antique crystal and gold trimmed goblet. Brimming over with spice, rum, sugary goodness, and oh, oh, oh... that BRANDY. It really leaps out at me and my happy little nose!

That's my 'First Whiff' experience. Now *on* gets even better...

After some dry down time, the rum is really prominent. But it's accented by the nutmeg and the brandy. It's so sweet and subtle. Warm. Inviting. Almost... alluring. I can't believe I'm wearing an "Egg Nog" scented oil! It's downright delightful and so far, it's really holding. The spice of this scent gets better and better with my body warmth, too.

About 30 minutes later: It's still going fairly strong. Much of the other notes had faded off, but that rum is still there. Sweet, sweet rum. I couldn't resist... I HAD to do a re-app, just so I could sniff the contents of the bottle again. I decanted some straight to an imp, and am applying from that so that I can really slather it on now.

I hate Holiday shopping, and so I have decided this is going to be my "Holiday Shopping Blues Pick-Me-Up" scent. It does the trick!

-Leslie

Eggnog is one of my favorite flavors.

Wet

Oh my. What can I say, its Eggog. :P

Initially the boozey scent was there for all of 5 seconds. Now I have an eggnog smell, you know real eggnog, not the kind you get in a carton.

You know how eggnog smells when your cooking it and it's cooling down? Not a yukky egg smell, it's a bakery egg smell. Sweet and creamy mixed with lushious nutmeg, but not alot.

And there seems to be a dairy kind of creaminess to the egg and nutmeg mixture, amazing.

10 minutes

It's dispersed and diffused quite a bit, if I smell your arm I can smell the goodness, but it's fading rapidly.

I like this but my skin really sucks this up and it becomes too subtle.

i love this

cannot stop smelling myself!

it smells creamy, but not heavy at all. there is a booziness to it but it reminds me of rum cake, like its been partially baked. this scent is dead on. probably my favorite out of the yule scents

Egg Nog smells precisely like egg nog! It's very creamy, and as others have said, not in a heavy way. It's just really smooth and sweet. I can smell a bit of nutmeg, and hint of booze...but mostly it's just a smooth sweetness. On my skin, the egginess comes out a bit more and I think it might smell odd on me. It's not my favorite, but I'm giving it time - I just haven't made up my mind about it. One way or another, this is the one I can bear to share imps of, I think. It might be good, and I might like it more than I think I do, but it's just not as great as the others on me.

I love the smell of this in the vial -- it's very true to spiked egg nog, and really, is rather delicious smelling. Once it's on my skin, though, it's almost completely sucked up. I like it when it comes back and starts throwing some sweet, spiced brandy-vanilla, but just in general, I'll have to slather like crazy with it.

Egg Nog

As others have mentioned, it smells exactly like the drink. That's a good thing because I like the scent of egg nog more than drinking the actual beverage. It's vanilla with a bit of nutmeg, sweet and yummy. Sadly, it disappeared about an hour after I applied it so I'll either slather or keep it for a room scent.

First Impression: Rum and nutmeg.

Second Impression: Yes, this really does smell like egg nog. But in the bottle, not on my skin. I get a touch of nutmeg and a touch of rum and then it's gone, nothing, nada. It's a very "thin" scent versus the thickness I was expecting.

Final Analysis: Not working for me and I'm unhappy about that. Oh well, back to the real egg nog for me.

I don't know what I can add to this, really - it is Dead On.

In the Bottle: Well, this smells like eggnog, not so many spices yet - but the alcohol is definately there. It smells like they haven't meshed yet, but I am sure that they will once they are on.

Initial On: Mmm, this warms up - it's so lovely - the alcohol dulls down and swirls in with the eggy, creamy goodness. Now it's spicy. It's just gorgeous!

Overall Impression: You have to apply rather a lot of this to smell it well, and it isn't very long lasting, but it's an incredible blend. I love it as a perfume, and I didn't expect to.

Okay, I was right, nothing to add to the reviews already posted - don't know why, but I'll post this anyway!

:P

This is an alcoholic fiesty on my skin! The cream lingers in the background while the sugary rum and brandy dance all night with the nutmeg! Dead on!

Dead ringer for the real thing, warm and sweet and a touch of spice. This is absolutely gorgeous and lots of staying power without being that cloying overly sweet smell some foody scents get. Definitely a keeper.

In the bottle: whoa, is that boozy!

On application: yes, it is!

5-10 minutes later: the alcohol settled down, and the other notes started to emerge, and mmmm ... as has been noted :D it's eggnog alright! It's just like the description: truth in advertising. :P At this point I noticed the nutmeg, and then the sweet creamy goodness.

15 minutes later: perfect: not too boozy or spicy or sweet. Just perfectly blended eggnog, and perfectly wonderful.

I forgot to take note of just how long it lasted on me but it didn't fade quickly at all, though it didn't last as long as Gingerbread Poppet either.

In the bottle: This smells like the perfect egg nog blend as it is rich and creamy with a hint of nutmeg and a strong whiff of booze. It is exquisite and I could sniff it all day long.

On my skin: *sob* Immediately, there is a powdery Play-Doh quality that has absorbed every beautiful note in egg nog and transformed it into mediocrity. Even the booze can't penetrate the smell of clay and powder.

Usually, this noxious transformation occurs with the presence of honey so I am not sure how it was created with Egg Nog.

I'm digging the Eggnog.

Creamy-brandy-nutmeg. Almost the crème brulée scent from Chimera, but without the cinnamon.

Sweet and mild on me, should be a show-stopper in the oil burner... Glad I got it!

I, too, get eggnog in the bottle and play-doh on my skin. Weird. I know other people have had that happen with other blends, but that's the first time it's happened to me!

I got a 2nd opinion, too, and the first word was "play-doh!" So it's not a hallucination. Will try once more, but... weird! :P

Whilst we don't do egg nog in the holidy season, I couldn't resist something with brandy, rum, and cream.

It truly is lovely and slightly boozy. On my skin, it turns vanilla-esque after a while. Great stuff. Methinks I should try the real stuff :P

In the bottle, Egg Nog smells absolutely delicious! Someone compared it to Bailey's, and I get that as well! Yummy cream and an alcohol - rum or brandy? Both? I'm not too familiar with the scent of brandy, so that might be it.

On the skin, the alcohol comes up, then fades as the nutmeg comes out. Perfectly scented like Egg Nog - this is heaven!

Unfortunately, about 5-10 minutes later, I get a faint whiff of bandaid. Not overpowering or enough to make me go yuck and wash it off. But enough to go "Damn - where's my yummy egg nog smell?" My husband couldn't detect anything different, however. (But my nose is more sensitive than his.)

I reapplied, and again it was just like the bottle for a few minutes, then back to the not quite right smell. I will give it another few goes on my skin, but I can't bear to part with this beautiful scent, so it is going in the burner. Mmm - sniffing eggnog all day! Yummy! :P

Out of the bottle I can defintaly smell the EggNog. Once I aplly it to my skin it is a Boozy heavy cream. Its like rum/cream filled white chocolate. Its got that vanilla flavor to it. It stays on me for about an hour with which I need to reapply. It is o so tasty through all of its stages. Very true to its name. :P

I felt compelled to add that Eggnog is my new oil for my burner, It makes the whole room smell like hot Eggnog.

Edited by Nadirah

In the bottle, this smells EXACTLY like Eggnog! Rich and creamy and a hint of spice and booze.

Wet, it smells quite the same. Unfortunately, this doesn't last too long. After about 30 minutes this started to morph into almost the same identical play-doh-ish note that I got with Sugar Cookie. While it did stay strong (my brother thought I smelled like cookies and then cream soda, my sister thought I smelled of vanilla), it didn't retain the smell I was hoping for, and to my nose, it was a bit "off."

I'm left wondering what essential oil this & Sugar Cookie have in common so I don't end up smelling like spicy d'oh! Something in there just doesn't like me very much. This will probably be one for room scenting or swapping, sadly. :P

edited for grammar

Edited by Diana

In the bottle, this smells EXACTLY like Eggnog! Rich and creamy and a hint of spice and booze.

I'm left wondering what essential oil this & Sugar Cookie have in common so I don't end up smelling like spicy d'oh! Something in there just doesn't like me very much. This will probably be one for room scenting or swapping, sadly. :P

Same here! It's great, smells awesome and then slowly the Playdoh creeps up on me. But for me the playdoh smell goes away after a bit, altho with SugarCookie the playdoh smells stays longer. Maybe I warm back up or something? But I love the scent as does every member of the Boy's family who was over for xmas eve. I kept sticking my wrist in front of me going,"smell me"!.

I think I should put Sugar Cookie on one arm and Eggnog on the other and compare.

Bella

edit: I notice the Playdoh smell goes away after I warm back up.

Edited by BellaCrow

Weird. I was so looking forward to Egg Nog and given how much I love Sugar Cookie, Gingerbread Poppet, other foodie scents from BPAL, I expected it'd be dead on.

Instead both in the bottle and on my skin it smells extremely floral.

Is it possible a bottle ever gets labeled wrong or they put together a bad batch or something? I'm puzzled! (And disappointed).

Egg Nog bears a lot of similarity to Sugar Cookie, although Sugar Cookie is a lot heavier on the nutmeg. With Egg Nog, at first I get eggy, creamy vanilla and after about five minutes, a heady shot of rum and brandy. I have a hard time detecting the spices, there is just a tiny bit of nutmeg, but the boozy quality of this makes it a real winner :P

Edited by ChupaChup

Origin:

I got an imp of this from SilverAngel. :D

Preconceived notions:

I honestly have no idea why I have such a pressing desire to try this one. I don't like egg nog. At all. I don't like the smell of it or the taste of it...to put it bluntly, I hate egg nog and all that it stands for! :D

That being said, the description sounded so amazingly good that I just had to try this one in spite of my hatred for its namesake, so I'm hoping it smells like the description and not like the drink. :D

First sniff:

This really does smell like egg nog, but not the cheap kind, the homemade kind, and even though I don't like the way egg nog tastes or smells normally, this smells gorgeous. I smell cream and nutmeg and brandy right out of the imp...it's gorgeous and creamy and altogether edible.

Wet on skin:

The brandy really takes over once this hits my skin, turning Egg Nog very boozy and less creamy. This doesn't smell like store-bought egg nog, this is homemade egg nog with a heavy dose of brandy.

Dry down:

Cream and nutmeg with a background of brandy. This is a nice, heavy, foody scent in a way that normally doesn't appeal to me but that, right now, is screaming my name. I don't normally wear this kind of scent, but I can definitely see myself wearing this one. A lot.

The bottom line:

This really exceeded my expectations. It's lovely and creamy and boozy and spicy all at the same time. I really like this one quite a bit. :P

Wow. This is an egg nog to get you wasted. I've only had non-alcoholic eggnog, and that rarely, so I was surprised at how very boozy it was. I could pick out the rum and brandy notes without having to look up the ingredients, which is a bit surprising since I'm not much of a drinker. I get a hint of the nutmeg, but that's it. Nothing of the cream of sugar, nothing sweet. I'm still unsure about my feelings on this one; I guess I'll have to try it a few more times to figure it out if it's a keeper.

I've never had egg nog in my life so I wasnt that sure what to expect. I tried it on and at first I get that amazing creamy vanilla scent with touches of spice.

After a while, the scent sharpens to accomodate the alcohol, but it serves to add a seasonal twist.

All in all, this is a great scent, its just so festive and yummy. Definitely worth a try if you can get hold of a sample.

<squeel> I LOVE Egg Nog. I got this in a fantastic swap with Darkling. It goes all yummy and vanilla on my skin. Very warm....soothing. The spiciness does not linger on my skin. I love love love this......... :P