Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
marared

Tobacco Honey

Tobacco honey.

Wow. This was totally not what I was expecting. Fresh out of the bottle, it's nauseatingly gasoline-sweet. I suppose it should have occurred to me that honey comes from the flowers, not from the dried leaves, because what I think I was hoping for was that rich, smoky, cured tobacco + honey. I'm not even sure I can leave this on long enough for the drydown, let alone stash it for aging. Edited by Shollin

I :heart: the lab's tobacco note! I really like this one, I've tried other companies tobacco honey blends and this one is by far the best. The honey here is light and not too sweet on my skin. I don't know if I need so many tobacco blends though...

I love this; it's wonderfully simple--sweet, slightly spicy tobacco. It has that little metallic hint to it on and off that tobacco sometimes gets on me. It is pretty sweet but I don't find it too sweet...and actually, I wish it was a little stronger! Lovely, though.

In bottle: Mmmmm…. Tobacco flower and honey. Wet: A touch sweeter and greener on the skin. It’s a lovely contrast between the smooth sweet and the slightly pungent plants. Slightly smokey. Dry: Sweet dry tobacconist shop. It’s gentle, yet masculine. I’m thrilled.

Wet: Blonde tobacco and honey.

Drying down: Slightly sweeter, the tobacco is starting to echo tobacco flower, and the honey is smoothing, rounding this out nicely. So far it's behaving on my skin nicely, and not becoming nausea inducing. (I love it, but usually the Lab's honey note doesn't love my skin.)

Verdict: Very nice, it might be a touch too floral for me. But yet, I can't stop huffing my wrist.....

In the imp: Green, fresh. Not getting much specifically honey, or tobacco-y.

Wet: Still not much in the way of honey. Kind of sharp not quite pungent fresh tobacco (not cured, which is sweeter and rounder to my nose)

Drying & dry: Picking out anything specific is impossible on this one (for me, YMMV, of course). It's fresh and green, with a tad of bitterness underneath.

Overall: I like it, but don't ask me why I do or to describe it, because I couldn't do either of those things. I'll keep, use, and enjoy the imp, but don't see Tobacco Honey being a bottle purchase.

Tobacco Honey - This scent is like sniffing BPAL's honey note and the inside of a humidor at the same time. It's sweet, smooth honey combined with the sweet scent of freshly dried tobacco leaves. It's very simple and very pretty. To my nose, it's quite similar to Meliai. Really lovely and gentle, with a nice level of throw and decent staying power.

I expected this to smell dark and sticky-sweet and to remind me of a tobacco shop. It's actually oddly clean and sharp on me, though. It smells more like the tobacco flower note in blends like The Lady on the Grey than a real tobacco scent. It's sharp, clean, slightly soapy, dry floral and a sweet, golden honey. After about a half hour, I can smell a hint of sweet tobacco smokiness coming through and it starts to smell more like what I had imagined it would. Still, the sharp soapiness sticks around underneath the sweet smoke and I don't really like this blend...

This is very masculine on me. I can smell the honey in about equal proportion to what smells like a sweet, masculine cologne. It's not offensive, but it does smell a bit more manly on me than I'm comfortable with. Still, it's not bad. I think I might prefer other honey blends, though.

I'm right there with marared.. I thought tobacco as in smoking tobacco, but this is definitely tobacco flower. As such it smells a lot like dish soap-- incredibly clean and green and cologney. Not at all what I was expecting or hoping for, and it leaves me wondering about reviewers who DO get more of a tobacco leaf vibe.. are you hallucinating? :lol:

Huh....I was also expecting tobacco + honey, rather than tobacco flower, but honestly, I'm not sure which it is I'm getting. Honey for sure. Really, sweet, dripping honey, so sweet you can barely stand it, and honey has it's own flowery scent, so I can't tell if the flowery bits are coming from honey, or if it is indeed tobacco flower (though I would think that would have gone under the name nicotiana, as it is more usually called if we're referring to the flowering kind?) I think I DO get a bit of tobacco, as in the dried smokable, under the honey. To me, at least when wet and on a first wearing, I get a bit of blonde tobacco with my honey. And something--is it just the tobacco?--that is almost aquatic, which for me gives it the "men's cologne" vibe. It is masculine in feel, almost clean once the honey starts to soften and lose a touch of it's aggressive sweetness.

Not exactly what I was looking for, but not bad.

Whoew! Tobacco flower straight from the plant and white/golden honey. I was hoping for aged & dried tobacco but bees don't necessarily run around tobacconists shops puffing pipes and rolling cigarillos, do they... Similar to Door however more basic and stronger.

Holy hell this is strong. Whew!

Anticipations: love tobacco, love honey, smoke cigars on a regular basis, what's not to love?

In the bottle: **sneezes** Jeebus! That's nicotiana straight up. There's almost no sweetness to it, no mellowing qualities. Be careful when first opening this, you don't want to jerk and sneeze and drop or spill the bottle.

On my skin: ah, that's a little better. The honey on my skin is that warm, thick golden amber honey fresh from the comb. The tobacco flower is still totally present, but it's gotten a little more polite and less sneeze inducing.

Drying: it's weird, someone above mentioned gasoline, and I kinda get that, but not as a gasoline 'note'. More like a combination of the smokey sweetness. The honey is mellowing, the tobacco flower is not. Ach, I don't like that. There might be another kind of pale floral in here (I'm getting something slightly spicy? Carnation?) but it's almost over-powered by the nicotiana.

Dry: the honey has gotten really mellow and soft, and I almost get the wax of the comb in there. The nicotiana is here to stay, and this will definitely be a single-dab kind of blend, not a slatherer. That spicy note is still there, but now it seems a little less floral. Clove, maybe? And a bit of toasted smoke.

Throw: Back away slowly, this thing is seriously strong and lasts a good long while too.

Notes I detected: NICOTIANA LIKE WOAH, fresh golden honey, beeswax, carnation, clove, sandalwood smoke.

I was hoping, I think, for more honey, less tobacco flower, but that doesn't make this bad, just different. I'm going to see how it ages, and something tells me it will probably be FANTASTIC in about a year, when it's had time to calm down.

in the imp: Tobacco

wet on the skin: Tobacco

drydown: Tobacco and a little bit of honey sweetness.

Tobacco tends to go ashtray on my skin, and while the drydown is reasonably nice this just isn't for me.

This was crazy sweet! I was expecting something a little darker and smoother, but this was sticky and almost cloying. The tobacco adds a little depth, but this was just too sweet for me.

Like others this is almost straight up tobacco flower with a side of sweet, golden honey. It's pretty powerful and very long lasting. As it dries down, I do get whiffs a sweet, honeyed smoke, but mostly this is tobacco flower. Kinda of a let down, but I will hold on to my imp and see if aging helps it.

At first, this is tobacco flower that smells a touch smoky. As it dries, there is less floral, and the honey comes out, so now it is a smoky, sweet honey scent on me. I was kind of expecting a tobacco ala Mr. Nancy/Perversion with honey and not the floral, so I'm just a bit disappointed. I really don't like smoke blends, but this dries into something rather pleasant with the added sweetness of honey along with the smoke. Still, this isn't me, and I'll probably frimp the imp away. I'd be all over a blend that contained pipe tobacco and honey, though.

Yeah, I'm with the people who were expecting some dry/smoky tobacco, and got FLOWERS!! SWEET!! GREEN!! instead. Very sweet and perfume-y early on, the honey is actually hiding well below everything else. As it dried, I got a little more of the smoky tobacco scent, but not much more of the honey. Very much a classic "perfume" type scent on me, and not what I was expecting.

imp: super-mega sweet tobacco.

wet: this is intensely sweet tobacco on my skin.

dry: this is more tame once dry, it does smell like lightly sweet tobacco, just not overpoweringly so. very nice.

Tobaaco flower and sweet honey. This is more light and sweet than I expected. I was hoping for something smokier.

Oh wow, this was a pleasant surprise!

Wet: This is a very sweet honey and slightly spicy tobacco blend, heavy on the honey. My initial reaction is extremely favorable.

Drydown: This has become slightly less sweet as the honey backs off somewhat and is mainly spicy tobacco. I'm still loving it. There may be a bottle of this in my future at some point. :wub2:

Rawr!

The man grabbed this first and slathered it on with a lusty groan. It smells like...a clean, warm man, sunning himself outside smoking sticky pipe tobacco. The drydown is so sweet and musky and hmmmm-mmmm-mmmm-DIRTY honey! Snuggle, snuggle, snuggle...

On me it smells really floral, buzzzzzzzzz......!!!!! It dries down quickly, getting kind of powdery and resin like in it's hony goodness...Door?! Is that you?! No, no, it can't be you! Tobacco Honey isn't as strong or complex as Door (which I have to keep a steady supply of), but is so similar on me that I'm giving it to him. It smells REALLY GREAT on him. Like, "Woah".

Edited by lookingglass

I'm still fairly new to this BPAL thing so I'm not yet sure how to describe these as aptly as I'd like to, but it's worth a shot. Gotta learn sometime.

In the imp it's overpowering and sickly sweet.

Wet on my skin it's still very sweet but much more pleasant, and the smokiness begins to become more prevalent.

After about thirty minutes it becomes very musky and wonderful, it's still sweet but in a masculine way (not unpleasant, I really like that) and I can smell the tobacco more than anything.

Reminds me of cowboys and manly men who have a touch of class. Overall I love this but it's too early to tell whether it's bottle-purchase worthy.