Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Really good watermelon candy. Better than any I’ve ever encountered in real life. It’s a realistic fresh watermelon note with sugar cane giving it a candy feel. It faded to pure sugar with a splash of watermelon juice. I love both phases of its wear. Feels exactly like its description promised. 

A Watermelon BPAL is hard to find anyway, so when I read the description I ordered a back up...

I was hoping for that same realistic note from Tis the Voice..Lobster. (an OOS GE that i only sniffed in an aged imp)

...Now I wish I ordered a few back ups. 

Edited by Fiam

In the bottle: Holy shit. Like a watermelon jolly rancher, only better.

Wet: This is like a Ten Ran watermelon juice green tea boba I am dying.

Dry: Ok, it settles down a bit and becomes a surprisingly sophisticated sugared scent with a whisper of watermelon. I'm getting some vanilla, or rather, when I jam my nose to my arm, I'm getting that metallic undertone that vanilla forward scents leave on my skin. I could do with more watermelon but as it is, this is delicious. I'll have to check in on it in a few weeks to see how the watermelon does. This is another blind bottle win.. 

In the bottle and wet on the skin, its all watermelon jolly rancher. It does cut down on the strong candy scent fairly quickly, quieter but still fruity candy. I think the closest thing I can compare it to is watermelon bubblegum? Its got a bit of a powdery sweetness (perfect for a candy heart!) and is definitely fruity, but sort of a non-descript fruity the way that candy can be. Comparing to the super bright smell in the bottle, it feels darker on the skin than I expected, a nice cool red with a powdery sugar coating.

I got this for the novelty of the watermelon note thinking it'd be all jolly rancher, but it's much more wearable than I expected and rather pleasant! Definitely a fun one if you like either fruity or sugary scents.

As has already been stated, watermelon hard candy. As it wears on me, I start to get more of the sugar cane, not just the general sweetness the scent starts with. And the scent moves a little bit towards watermelon juice with a lot of sugar. But overall, I would describe this as a watermelon jolly rancher scent.

I'm surprised at everyone describing this as watermelon hard candy, because this definitely evokes a full, chilled glass of watermelon juice to me--it's a wet, juicy, purely sugary scent. There's no peel or seed in this. It's a glass of watermelon juice pressed out of the reddest and sweetest bite in the very centre of a watermelon.

As it dries, a creamy vanilla note definitely comes to the fore, and it legitimately smells something like Watermelon Lace. And this is very, very high praise from me. I quite literally feel more joy at the scent of Antique Lace than seeing my baby for the first time.

I did a brief testing yesterday when my bottles arrived, but my first impression of this is it's very similar in feel to Drag on a Slime. Fruity watermelon and Sugar, sugar sugar. I'll do a full test later, but this is very fresh, summer like, and sweet. Great one for summer days. 

Edit- first full day run, once the dry down happens, the sugar gets more prominent and it's slightly smokey, like powdered sugar? Low throw, but loooonnnggg longevity, 8+ hours I can still faintly smell it on my wrist. It's really very pretty, and I may layer with Cherry Incense and Spun Sugar to see how they mesh.

Edited by Larinessa

I'm extremely impressed with the staying power of this, sometimes fruit notes are fantastic on me but vanish in an hour or so, but this is watermelon for quite some time.

Fresh on it's straight up like a watermelon jolly rancher, a touch artificial and syrupy sweet- with a very decent throw.

Drying down it's one of the labs sugar notes that amps up, the watermelon gets a bit less sharp and becomes more smooth and rounded into the sweetness, it reminds me a LOT of Beware: Pickpockets! from a few years back, the same sort of sugar note, but watermelon instead of grapefruit. There isn't any mint here but there might be a touch of vanilla perhaps, just something lurking under the sugar and the melon that bolsters it in soft wafts through the day. It doesn't have a long throw after a few hours, but has a surprisingly long wear time. It's absolutely sweet, but the dry down is a little bit more sophisticated than straight up candy store if you're worried about that, and I think it would honestly be a good layering note as well. Def worth checking out if you're at all interested. 

I tried this fresh out of the mailbox and it was much more candy-like. A week or so later and this has settled into something more like a delicate sugared watermelon white floral. The sugar note is complex yet fragile, like a lace doily made out of spun sugar. The watermelon is more like salty watermelon taffy to me after spending some time resting. I also get a nice, smooth gourmand vanilla note in the background. Something about how the notes come together reminds me of a white floral, but it's not stinky or overwhelming in any way. It's very pretty.

Delicious watermelon sugar, although towards the later stages of dryness it's more about the sugar and the watermelon retreats to the background. If you know Tree Hut's Watermelon Sugar flavor,  that's what this smells like, sans any sort of soap or chemical smell, and lasts fairly well for several hours. A perfect summery sweet scent.

I echo the watermelon jolly ranchers.  I don't like the taste of those as a candy and don't really like the scent of them either, as it turns out.  It's a very simple, sweet, artificial watermelon scent.