Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Hearts Are Not Had as a Gift But Hearts Are Earned

When you’re a Virgo with five planets in Libra and it shows: red rose petals, bourbon vanilla, deeply rooted patchouli, sweet labdanum, and pepperberry.

I often amp rose blends, and unfortunately this is one of them. It's a pretty rose - a touch of floral powderiness, but otherwise smells quite natural - it's just so LOUD on my skin that I have a hard time picking out anything else in the blend. If I really inhale and think about it, the pepperberry is there lending a slightly fruity tang way down underneath it all, and there's a tiny bit of labdanum bringing up the back end, but no vanilla, no patchouli, just ROSE.

Rose and labdanum with that earthy deep patchouli making it smell like a commercial perfume. I love this one but it is *quite strong* and can easily be over applied. It has a bit of a musky woody undertone and a little alcoholic note that's very beautiful. 

In the bottle it's a peppery vaguely rose muddle, hard to pin down, but the rose definitely comes to the forefront when I apply. As the rose calms down, the pepperberry amps up and goes a bit spicy, but that settles down too. Dry, this is reminiscent of All While Dreaming from last year's release, with a pepperberry kick instead of a fruity red currant. The labdanum does smooth things out considerably, providing a resinous complement to the rose, and contrast to the perfect patch/pepperberry combo. I really like this one!

I have been letting this one rest for weeks.

This is one of those sharp, strong, raspy red rose scents. Nothing soft here. And it is a spicy strong edgy rose. 

I will hold on to this for a while in hopes the patchouli, labdanum and/or vanilla are detectable at all at some point. My hopes are not high.

After 45 minutes the rose does soften a bit and I can smell the labdanum. Cool.

Eta: testing again after about a month, there is nothing but burn your nose rose, a hint of labdanum and something sour underneath. I guess I didn't earn a heart. Maybe someone else will enjoy this bottle but I certainly am not. I guess pepperberry can join cumin in the avoided notes club.

Edited by HerbGirl

Decant.  Rosy patchouli on me, with a little tangy dried apricot? Somehow, my skin has misplaced the bourbon vanilla, labdanum & pepperberry. I can detect the vanilla in my locket. GC Rakshasa meets my needs for rosy patchouli, so I won't need a bottle.

Finally testing my very well-rested decant. Ohhh this is a lovely burst of rose! But what else is that familiar note... it's a soft note just underneath the surface... I know! There was a candy from my childhood ('50s/'60s) called Ben Hurs, long discontinued and lost to the ages. My dad and I loved them. They had a texture like butter mints, but were gray and anise-flavored. That's a memory dragged out of the distant recesses of my mind! Anyway it's not an obvious anise or licorice note, which isn't listed anyway, but somehow whatever is blending with the rose gave me an instant flashback to my childhood and that candy. 

After drydown, this has stayed consistent to the end, mainly a very slightly powdery, lovely rose scent. My budget is super restricted now or I would definitely buy a bottle of this. 

The first standout notes are definitely rose and labdanum. To me, the labdanum and the patchouli kind of blend together as one. It has a peppery note to it, but I don’t know if pepperberry actually has pepper notes?! I’m not really getting any vanilla. Just rose and labdanum with a peppery patchouli floating somewhere in the back. If anyone has smelled Labdanum 18 by le labo, it has those vibes mixed with a strong rose.

Edited by WoolyBee

A beautiful deep, bourbon vanilla and strong (though not overpowering) velvety red rose, barely-there patchouli and something somewhat... spicy or herbal. Fades on my skin but this is very pretty!