Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Harvest Moon Love Potion

An attraction and sensuality blend that is delightfully camouflaged as a perfume. Autumn romance personified, infused with the comfort of fall leaves and apple pulp, cacao, 7-year aged patchouli, vanilla absolute, benzoin, cubeb berries, and rose absolute.

Oh wow, I am in love with this one and I didn't even expect to be. This is a fall scent that isn't too heavy or rich or foody, which is my problem with most autumn scents. Instead, it smells exactly like a chill breeze blowing through a fall forest in late afternoon, crisp, cool, leafy, with a pop of apple and something nutty. It's gorgeous!

Holy cow, this is stunning!! It is exactly what I wanted from my Weenies, even though it's not formally a Weenie. SO GLAD I got this!

I was worried it would be too sweet or overpowering or smell too much like Harvest Moon (which I love, but 1 bottle is enough.) Instead this is delicate and well balanced, like walking through an apple orchard in fall with a few final wildflowers lingering in the grass. The rose and cacao are faint, but provide a nice counterpoint.

This is just heavenly. Even if you don't want to take advantage of its romantic powers, get this for the scent alone!  

Unique and alluring. I’m definitely getting apple pulp, its tartness being amplified by the tart cubeb berries, which you find in gin. But there’s no fizziness, it’s not gin, it’s just the berries. As for the other notes - patchouli, cacao, vanilla, benzoin, rose – big ol’ nope! The apples and cubeb are strong and really overriding anything else that might be there. I think I get a hint of rose that comes and goes. I don’t usually do anything boozy but this is only booze-adjacent and it’s really cool and different. I’m finding I keep coming back for more!

This one is so much better than I was expecting. It starts off with a strong hit of fresh, red apple, and then the cubeb berries (pepper) and a citrus that smells very much like lemon verbena to me (although no citrus or verbena is listed). There's a suggestion of leaves, but these aren't dead leaves, or even the half dead ones from some blends; these leaves have turned red, but they're still on the tree and they're very quiet, adding atmosphere. The rose absolute has the chill I'm always hoping for from rose blends but rarely get. I should note though, I amp rose, which is probably why it's reading somewhat subtle to me, but non-existent for others. But I will have to agree regarding the rest of the notes: the patchouli, cacao, vanilla, and benzoin are nowhere to be found. Peppery lemon verbena rose with a light leafy, vaguely apple-y background is how it reads on me, which imo is very pretty, and I'm not remotely bothered by the missing notes. I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for a full bottle because I don't see my decant lasting very long. 

Edited by Beary Strange

I wish that I had ordered more than one bottle of this blend.  I usually hate apple scents and this is an apple scent, but it's so good and so sweet with a lot of depth and complexity to it.  The lemony, sweet cubeb and sweet, dusky cocoa powder reminds me of Cerberus (one of my favorites), there's a little vanilla cream, and the apple is richly sweet with the rose melding into it and giving it a realistic, rosy, glowing freshness.  I like it when perfumers mix apple + rose to give the apple more depth and dewy, juicy realism.  It all just works together so well.  A delightful, fruity, autumnal gourmand with no spices to ruin it.

It hasn't helped me in any love potions or attraction rituals as of yet, but I will wear it as a perfume.

Clean, citrus dead leaves, apples and roses. This smells like a delicious autumn scent. Medium throw, wear length. 

Starts out a weird soapy orange+chocolate, which kinda horrifies me, but it quickly morphs to a stronger pulpy apple, sweet sour berries, the chocolate slightly more in the background- The rose and patchouli are a gorgeous, dusty thing together to round it off. I can only explain this as, this is how i imagined those autumn windows wallpapers must've smelled like.

In the bottle, I pick up on the leaves and apple, with a hint of rose and citrusy cubeb in the background. On my skin, the cubeb and rose amp up quite a bit, giving the impression of a citrusy floral. After drydown, the cubeb softens and the vanilla, benzoin, and patch come forward. My overall impression is a vanillic rose 'fume with a slight autumnal twist -- the leaves and apple are surprisingly subtle, barely perceptible in the background. Can't speak to the intentional/ritual effects, but I can see myself reaching for this often as a more floral alternative to my usual autumn scents.

Wow. This is such an autumnal rosey scent! I grabbed it earlier this morning to use as a divination aid (need to harness the love I have for myself to become myself, if that makes any sense) to get out of a rut. Not only does it smell 'safe', but it also has a grounding, insulating effect that I want to curl up in...and also do all of the things. I don't smell patchouli at all, but I can smell everything else. I am so glad I listened to my intuition and bought a bottle while this was available.