Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Burnt Sugar, Cream, and Strawberries

A light, bright candied strawberry note. Somewhere between artificial and realistic strawberry. Not the same note as the strawberry suf. I'm actually not getting any cream! Or maybe it's just hiding well in the burnt sugar note that I can't identify it. It's mostly a sweet candy strawberry. Maybe with a crème brûlée somewhere in the way background. 

um, i love this SO MUCH. i bought two bottles, right off the bat, and i am so so happy i did. 

i usually have terrible luck with cream notes, they often go sour on me, but there’s absolutely nothing sour about this at all!

it’s sweet, youthful, bright & so much fun :wub:

In my head, caramelized sugar + berry = pie filling, so that's where my nose is taking me with this trio. I don't find an abundance of creaminess, but there is certainly some richness to the blend. Stays skin close and sweet.

I bought this for the "burnt sugar and cream" part, but all I get is the strawberry.  It smells like a sugary strawberry jam to me, more candied than fresh.

I get equal blend of cream, sugar and strawberries in this scent. The strawberry is there but its not taking over for me, I can smell the burnt sugar and cream as well. I think that the cream softens the whole scent. 

It's is a cheerful, innocent, summery scent.  It's kind of nostalgic and reminds me of strawberry scents from when I was a child. 

Edited by becca_s

This trio smells like squished strawberries on me dipped in sugar. I get a hint of cream after it has been dry for a while, but it is buried beneath the strawberries and sugar and is not a main player on me.

I like this, but I think I may like this year's Strawberry Moon more. I may end up deathmatching the two, but I don't think I need more of this one.

ETA: I deathmatched this with Strawberry Moon 2022. Strawberry Moon has a more fresh strawberry and a light sugar, while the sugar in this is much darker and more noticeable against the other strawberry scent. I do like both, but not enough to need a bottle of either one.

Edited by doomsday_disco

First impression: Softly burnt strawberry. Like, bright strawberries just a little bruised and smudged with caramelized burnt goo.

A bit later, but while this is still drying, it resolves more into burnt sugar specifically... but the strawberries are still Queen, and the burnt sugar but a lil smudge on their skins. Now and then, as this dries, it reminds me of strawberry pancakes: basically a plate drenched in strawberry maple syrup (and also fresh halved strawberries).

I don't find any cream for a bit. But later in drydown, it becomes the pancake part of the overall strawberry maple syrup image I keep getting from this. And I like the blend plenty at that point! I wouldn't mind having these strawberry maple pancakes for breakfast this morning. :yum:

The strawberry note is the loudest on me. It's a cooked strawberry note, not jammy but more like the sliced strawberries in pie filling. The burnt sugar note in this is very good. It's like a wispy curl of sugared incense smoke. The cream isn't very prominent to me.

This reminds me of instant strawberries and cream oatmeal. I do hope that burnt sugar note comes back in more perfumes.

Squished strawberries cooked down with sugar, like a strawberry shortcake with a squirt of whipped cream from a spray canister. Super sweet, foodie, cute and childlike, Strawberry Shortcake nostalgia for sure!