Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

Time for Diana's wild stabs in the dark!

Does anyone know of a GC that's similar to Snow Moon? I am in love with Snow Moon and am tring to track down more bottles, but I would appreciate any GC reccomendations!

That's a tough one. The piney note in that I really only associate with other LEs like Skadi and Snow Bunny.

Thanatopsis is heavy on the piney, but it's not quite the same note, and the drydown is totally different. But it is very lovely! ;D

Someone absolutely loved the bottle of Flower Moon I gave them as a gift. Now they're asking me to point them towards something similar, but I'm stumped.

Flower Moon lists: tulip, daffodil, violet, dewdrop, rhododendron, iris, daisy, and a mix of California wildflowers. There aren't really any with quite this same combination, though.

Tulip: try Amsterdam

Eos to me smells like tulips + daffodils

Maybe Veil? A quiet scent, soft, calm and enigmatic. A perfume of mystery, of whispers, and of secrets behind secrets. White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang.

I'll have to sniff my bottle again and see if it reminds me of anything.

Does anyone know of a GC that's similar to Snow Moon? I am in love with Snow Moon and am tring to track down more bottles, but I would appreciate any GC reccomendations!

Have you tried Dublin?

I've fallen for Annabel Lee and it's unlike any of the other BPAL scents I own. Can anyone think of something similar to it?

Aeval for the sweet pea, Amsterdam for the peony. It also feels a wee bit similar to Danube, another cool, aquatic floral. :P

(I fell hard for Annabel myself, only yesterday!)

To me, La Fee Verte and Snow White shared a very similar feel/note. I can't for the life of me figure out why, but it makes me happy!

Anyone else notice this, or am i nuts?

I'm over the moon for both Snow White and Spooky. Are there any catalogue scents that resemble these two? I'm currently hording my imps and fearing the day I'll run out.. It will be nice if there's some kind of GC backup!

I'm over the moon for both Snow White and Spooky. Are there any catalogue scents that resemble these two? I'm currently hording my imps and fearing the day I'll run out.. It will be nice if there's some kind of GC backup!

I thought Dana O Shee was similar to snow white. Not identical, mind you....Dana is creamy almond/grain/milky, without the greenness of snow white. But both remind me of Lush's Snowcake, so they must have something in common.

Not a catalog, but I recently tried La Fee Verte (BPTP special with Balthazaar), and that hit me as the greener parts of snow white. In fact, maybe I should try layering la fee and dana and see if its snow-whitey....:P

I've never tried spooky, though, so I can't help with that one.

Hmm.. Does anyone know if Snake Oil + Perversion = anything like Snake Charmer? I was thinking about it last night, and would try it out but I don't have any Snake Oil... I love Snake Charmer so much, but bottles of it are so hard to come by, it's pretty much like looking for rocking horse poop. I swear, if the lab ever ressurects it in any form, I'll have to buy as many bottles as my bank balance can stand.

In the meantime.. I'm off to track down some Snake Oil and experiment!

ETA: I tried it out, and while it's absolutely nowhere near the rich, sexy, snaky magnificence of SC, it's pretty interesting at first. I don't know whether it's just my body chemistry, but after a while it stops smelling at all similar to SC and becomes much lighter, and even a little soapy. But that's the Perversion for you.

Edited by GypsyRoseRed

HUGE thanks to those who suggested Eris as a Blue Moon equivalent! My husband sneezed his head off from something in Blue Moon, making it a very sad moment of parting... The Blue Moon that is, not the man. NEVER the man! :P

Eris not only passed the sniff-n-sneeze test, but is so incredibly like BlMn that I am happily astounded (or I have forgotten exactly what BlMn smells like, but no matter because Eris is MORE close enough!)

Hmm.. Does anyone know if Snake Oil + Perversion = anything like Snake Charmer?

What about Snake Oil + Bathsheba (or some other "plummy" scent)? Because to me, SC smells like a less intense SO with added plum and a touch of coconut.

Can anyone reccomend a GC similar to Honey Moon?

I may be off base because it's been a while since I tried Honey Moon, and it didn't work too well on my skin, but Le Petit Mort had a VERY similar effect on me. Might be worth a shot.

Just wanted to pop in here and mention that for anyone coveting Fee, my nose cannot tell the drydown difference between it and Fae. I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but they sure seem like pretty close twins to me.

to me tintagel is in the same family as snow moon. they are not the same but seem related and have a similar *feel*

Nocnista shares a feeling of snow moon, too. I think I must've got predominantly fir out of snow moon, and that's what I get from Nocnista, too. Nocnista is defnitely warmer feeling, though, with the upturned earth in there. Depends on your skin chem, as always...

I made some fake Spanked! a couple of imps of De Sade, about a 1/2-3/4 imp of Bengal, and a tiny dribble of Sin. Pretty close, I think. Spicy and leathery!

Unfortunately it appears that all the scents I love are limited editions - The Cracked Bell, Lenore, Red Phoenix, Blood Moon. Are there any GC scents of a similar nature to these?

For Red Phoenix, maybe try layering Blood Countess with something that has cinnamon or cassia in it. I haven't experimented but I think that would work...

I'd be hard pressed to find something similar to the others unfortunately, as they seem very unique! I would swear there was nag champa in the Cracked Bell though....

I would also be interested in a GC scent similiar to Lenore. I have 2 bottles now, but I like it more each time I wear it and would love to experiment with scents that are like it.

Grar. I keep falling for LE scents! I love both Pink Phoenix and Pink Moon (I think the Moon is a little softer on me, which is nice). Are there any catalogue oils that resemble these LEs?

Does anything in the General Catalogue resemble Al-Araaf??

I saw someone post (I think earlier in this thread or in the replace-your-longlost-LEs thread) that Tiger Lily was reminiscent of Al-Araaf. I like Tiger Lily quite a lot but I found Al-Araaf to be very faint on me. The Mad Tea Party blends just universally rock!

I found that torture king resembles voodoo, but i need to test this theory again. I wonder if it's the lime/vetiver/clove connection. Anyone else get this?

cathedral and the pit and the pendulum are dead ringers of each other....

Edited by sookster

OOoh. Just reporting back. I have an (unhealthy) obsession with Al-Araaf and I wanted to find a GC that smelt similar.

I tried Tiger Lily yesterday. When it's wet, they're really nothing alike. Tiger Lily is sharper and colder to me.

However...on the drydown, they smell close enough to make me happy! Al-Araaf is still my one true love, but now I have a passable GC equivilant.