Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

I noticed a similarity between Mi-Go Brain Canister & The Hanging Gardens. The Hanging Gardens is a little more floral, a little less fruity. The Hanging Gardens also has more staying power on me than Mi-Go, but otherwise, they are quite similar.

Prague and Skadi *must* have some similar components, because when I put on Prague yesterday, I thought I mistakenly grabbed Skadi until the sweet floral peeked out. Can anyone else verify this? Perhaps the snowdrop?

I didn't realize until last night how much O and Lughnasadh smelled alike. I held the bottled side by side and could barely smell the difference.

I'm wearing O today and now all I can think of is my beloved Lughnasadh, and it's making me very, very happy.

I didn't realize until last night how much O and Lughnasadh smelled alike.  I held the bottled side by side and could  barely smell the difference.

I'm wearing O today and now all I can think of is my beloved Lughnasadh, and it's making me very, very happy.

They don't smell alike *at all* to me :P what notes do they share in common?

They don't smell alike to me either, but maybe it's the honey in O? Lughnasadh smelled honey-ish to me. :D

Yep, honey. Even though Lughnasadh has a spicier dry down, they both smell like honeyed cherries to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something that's similar to Milk Moon? I just received an imp of it today and absolutely love it... and of course it would have to be an LE. Are there any catalogue scents that are really close?

I put this on the similarities page but just came across this. I actually just was noticing last night that White Rabbit on at least my skin smelled really similar to Milk Moon. Since I don't have my Milk Moon any more I am curious to smell someones milk moon next to White Rabbit to see if the bottles also smell similar.

I put this on the similarities page but just came across this. I actually just was noticing last night that White Rabbit on at least my skin smelled really similar to Milk Moon. Since I don't have my Milk Moon any more I am curious to smell someones milk moon next to White Rabbit to see if the bottles also smell similar.

They are fairly similar. White Rabbit has some ginger, pepper and tea, but the base is that same heavy cream smell. The two really are very close, with White Rabbit being slightly more complex. :P

is there anything in the world like Chaste Moon.

because I'm gobsmacked how much I love this. it's not my sort of thing at all. so I have only one. and it's too beautiful.

It's entirely possibly that this just came out this way on me, and won't for other people, but I found Siren to be very similar to Hunter Moon. Obviously, it's not exactly the same, but it had a similarity that sent me squeeing with delight! The smokey/incensey feel of Hunter Moon is very present in Siren on me :P

After one sniff, my SO has decided that he likes King of Clubs. And is quite put out with me for only buying one bottle of it, after finding out it's an LE. So.... anything similar from the regular catelogue scents? He likes the "spicyness" (my nose hasn't detected which note in particular it is yet).

After one sniff, my SO has decided that he likes King of Clubs. And is quite put out with me for only buying one bottle of it, after finding out it's an LE. So.... anything similar from the regular catelogue scents? He likes the "spicyness" (my nose hasn't detected which note in particular it is yet).

I haven't reviewed it yet, but honestly... all I get from King of Clubs is spicy honey. On drydown it smells exactly like Bastet.

I'm not sure if "Cat Goddess" is quite as manly as King of Clubs, but there you go. :P

Holy cow :P Formula 54 dries down to Perversion on me :D F54 is a bit "redder", but it's close enough as makes little difference :D

Y'all aren't gonna believe me :P but I just tried Yuletide on one hand and Three Witches on the other, and they're REALLY similar on me...TW has a teeny bit more bite, and Yuletide is a bit sweeter, but otherwise they're identical. (I don't really get berries from Yuletide, btw).

Yeah, I know :D

I got Queen of Clubs about two weeks ago which I am in love with!! :P I just tried Arachne today and found it to be quite similar to QofC but less complex. I think it makes a pretty good substitute- good thing I ordered two QofC though :D

Does anyone have any suggestions for something that's similar to Milk Moon?  I just received an imp of it today and absolutely love it... and of course it would have to be an LE.  Are there any catalogue scents that are really close?

Milk Moon behaves like its the love child of Antique Lace and Spooky on me (I know this doesn't help since one's discontinued and the other was a Limited itself). Then again, anything with coconut comes up mint on me... hmm... maybe a cross between Elegba and something a little softer... Dorian perhaps. Though that'd be missing the sweeter side to Milk Moon.

On another note (to Penance). I was back-skimming and you said you found Kali and DDLM to be closely related. For me, they're total polar opposites... So now I'm beginning to wonder, do you get more wine and chocolate on Kali? Because DDLM is like baked sweet breads and tobacco with my chemistry without the insane sweetness of Kali (and I wonder if I didn't get knocked off when I bought it on ebay a few months ago) :P

I found Arkham Revisited to smell alot like Pink Moon to me.

But, that could be just me. Plus, they're both LEs.

does anyone have a recomendation for something similar to Arkham Revisited? i adore it, but i will run out quickly as it doesn't stay for long on my skin (woe is me!)....

n.

Additionally, I'm looking to find a non-LE sibling to Living Flame. Any suggestions?

(already saw the Venom rec.- not into lime)

Additionally, I'm looking to find a non-LE sibling to Living Flame.  Any suggestions?

(already saw the Venom rec.- not into lime)

You might try the tarot oil The Lovers. I think they're very similar.

Additionally, I'm looking to find a non-LE sibling to Living Flame.  Any suggestions?

The Living Flame is to me the child of Othello and Wildfire. Wildfire's another LE; I found Living Flame to be a pale imitation. Othello doesn't have the dragon's blood but it has a similar feel, just done much better.

I personally find Wildfire and Living Flame very different. Wildfire is sort of "higher pitched" or something. Can't quite explain it... but I'll check out Othello, and perhaps try The Lovers again.

!

The Living Flame is to me the child of Othello and Wildfire. Wildfire's another LE; I found Living Flame to be a pale imitation. Othello doesn't have the dragon's blood but it has a similar feel, just done much better.

Edited by aessedai

Utrennyaya smells to me very, very similar to Frost Moon.

Ace of Hearts and Ophelia.

It seems obvious, really - they share two notes and are both white florals although Ophelia is more watery with more lotus.

Ophelia: lotus, water blossom ivy, stargazer lily and white rose.

Ace of Hearts: Purest white lotus, white rose, rain orchid, rose gardenia, freesia, and Bulgarian rose.

Storm Moon winds up smelling exactly like Swank on me. Crisp alcohol note, something that.. ugh. I need to wash this off. Just letting people know that it's similar to Swank once the ozone goes into the background.