Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Sugar Cookie Satyr

I blind bottled this on a whim, not really sure if I would like it as I've never tried Satyr on its own. But this is exceptional. Honestly, to me, it's Sugar Cookie Siberian Musk with a little bit of extra spice and resin (myrrh?) goodness. Has notes of cinnamon, but I don't think it has cinnamon in it, because my skin turns each and every BPAL cinnamon note to red hots and that is not the case here. Maybe I'm getting the spiciness from benzoin or some other resin. The sugar cookie is present here, but not front and center... I agree with the "crumbs" description.

Either way, this is gorgeous. A little spicy, a little sweet from the sugar cookie, with Siberian Musk in all it's woolly, dirty but cozy glory. The overall scent is cozy in a sexy way and very unisex and wearable. Very glad I sprung for a bottle! I'm sure it will age gloriously. 

It's gorgeous. It's satyr with a hint of cookie (barest) and a poof of sugar that blends quite well with the red musk and patchouli. I need a bottle.

Satyr is one of my favorite GCs, so the Sugar Cookie variation JUMPED headfirst into my cart when the Box o Cookies drop happened. I could not be more thrilled! I feel like it's important to talk about Satyr, whose official description is very vague ( A ferociously masculine scent: sexual, vigorous, and truly wild.) but whose Gingerbread Satyr variation is much more descriptive notewise ( red musk, brown musk, civet and ambergris accord, Ceylon cinnamon, black cedar, black moss, and pine tar.) Personally, I find Satyr is hugely sexy in a unisex way, it all depends on your skin chemistry! 

Sugar Cookie Satyr is all the rich red and brown (Siberian?) musk that you know and love about Satyr, the gorgeous Ceylon cinnamon, the woody feral depth, plus a spicy cookie layer on type that is both sweet and chewy. The two are a perfect complement. For those who missed out on Gingerbread Satyr, this is very much in that same vein, just without the ginger. Otherwise, it has all the spices and the rich sweet cookie "texture" to it. YUM.

As this dries down, the sweetness melds into the spices in a very Snake Oily kind of way. Also in a (whispers) Storyville kind of way. Like this is classic BPAL spices-meets-vanillas-but-make-it-sexy. It is not too cinnamony for me, but I have a high cinnamon tolerance threshold, and Ceylon is my favorite, as it's earthy and grounded rather than super fiery. I think if you love Satyr and you can tolerate some sweetness, this is a no-brainer blend. Also if you like Snake Oil, it's worth a try for sure!

This was everything I wanted in the Sugar Cookie Snake Oil, so I’m glad I was able to try a decant first before I jumped on a bottle. 

An overtly saccharine (and very delicious) brown sugar, almost maple, cookie mixed with the musky, spicy Satyr. All of the notes meld fairly well on my skin, rounding out into a smooth, sweet, & sexy perfume. I think I’ll be changing my order to this instead of the Snake Oil version as that one went plasticky and almost sour on me.   

Erm. This is closer to what I thought Sugar Cookie Snek would smell like. Actually. It may be a muskier version, but it has all the heavy, sexy cookie. A cookie with impact.

Spices, woods, and heavy-ass musks smother a maple-toned brown sugar cookie. Satyr plus Sugar Cookie really remind me, here, of Snake Oil and Smut. Kind of like a Snake Smut Sugar Cookie.

I think for me, the red musk part of this is a little heavy to warrant a bottle. But, you know, regardless... I can smell there's something good happening here, in this part of the woodlands.