Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Nothing beats a classic! Look on the bright side, it just saved you a fortune on a tonsillectomy.

Straight from the mailbox.. I can never wait for a new scent to settle! :)

Sniffing in the bottle, sweet apple! Not sugary, but sweet.  On my skin, the candy apple is very fun! Mild and sweet. As it dries, I don't get anything metallic that I thought would be a part of the 'razor blade' part but there is something lingering that makes the candy apple a bit unedible, so be wary biting into it!! :) This has medium throw and isn't sugary sweet, but has a sweet bite to it. If you are a foody/apple scent lover, you will love this! 

Editing to add, after testing this, trying to figure out what this reminds me of...it is a close relative to the Lab's Poisoned Apple, but with a candy apple!! I am really digging this! 

Edited by Numanoid

Um, yes. Shiny-red candy apple, hello.

As it sits on the skin, I too find something a little off-putting in the blend. It's kind of chemical, but I could see it as a concept scent for a little silvery metal blade. Something about it reminds me of "mirror" note blends, blends with silvery mirror concepts, but also a bit like a chemical garage smell.

Mostly, though, this is shiny-red candy apple.

On Thanksgiving, my brother sniffed this and said, "Fake apple!" and opted against trying it.

To me, this isn't very candied and smells more like a green apple than a red one, but there's a bit of soapiness to it, which doesn't usually happen with apple scents on me. The soapiness goes away, but there is a somewhat chemical-y sharpness to it. Over time, it becomes softer and sweeter, although still doesn't really make me think of a candied apple, just the inside of an apple without the peel. I also don't get any metallic note representing the razor blade, although I think there may be some musk in the background, possibly infused with a touch of cedar. 

I wouldn't reach for this over other apple scents in my collection, so no bottle for me. On one hand, I'm glad that I am not adding yet another apple scent to my array of them. On the other, that art tho. 😭

Baked apple with a little something powdery sickly sweet on the back end in the bottle. Goes on as baked apple. The artificial note comes in pretty quickly on top. It’s like powdered candy. It’s delightfully gross. If this were a serious perfume I’d be annoyed, but it’s a perfect execution of the concept. As it dries, it further curdles into a corn-syrup-heavy apple candy, like a knockoff Jolly Rancher.

Well disgusting done Beth!

Metallic tinge, candy sugary, baked apple. This smells like a fresh sort of apple blend. Medium throw and wear length.

The apple goes on very fresh and I kinda loved it at first. It dried down to a very sweet baked apple scent tinged with something metallic and I agree it ends up smelling like a "fake apple". I'm glad I got to try it and I of course love the concept as I remember these candy tampering warnings as a kid during Halloween haha! 

This one is interesting.  Fresh apple in the bottle, but gives way to some kind of uncanny valley between the scent of red candy apple dip (just the red sugar part) and a red apple candle from an upscale retailer, with a hint of something almost resinous/cough syrupy to it but not in a bad way if that makes any sense?  Wore it as-is yesterday, then in the PM layered with SilkyBat which actually worked out really well and added some roundness to things.

On me, this starts off like green apple scented shampoo (slightly soapy) and dries down to mushy red apple turned Febreze air freshener.  I never seem to get along with apple scents unless they're caramel apples or more tart and green.  The association with cheap shampoo and sweet air freshener is just too strong for me.

This apple was just middle of the road on me. Light and fresh green apple at first, then dudded out into a weird vaguely powdery but sweet blergh.

I do kinda get a Jolly Rancher vibe too, how it smells still inside the wrapper, more muted and somewhat plasticine. 

Some better some worse, however this would be great in a locket. I really enjoy the initial blast.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

This apple is not candied at all on my skin, unfortunately. It goes straight to fancy-home-decor-store-candle apple, and then after a few minutes the apple fades almost entirely and I'm left with autumnal potpourri. I didn't pick up anything resembling the razor blade, which I'm bummed about because I'm usually a big fan of metallic notes.