Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A restorative sleep blend.

This oil contains lavender, hops, Roman chamomile, vetiver, vanilla absolute, and blue tansy.

This is a very, very gorgeous sweet lavender in a light fuzzy cloud! II don't know if it's the chamomile and tansy or the power of suggestion, but when wet I'm getting a crispness that reminds me of iced tea. Dry it goes a bit powdery, which I love in a sleep scent.

Sopor is in the same family as TKO, but lighter and less marshmallowy. It's also much less sharp than the lavender-floral-woodsy delights I've tried from BPAL (No Coward Soul is Mine, Gaueko). If you are a lavender lover like me, highly recommend! 

Lavender marshmallows. 

I LOVE this blend. I usually run (quickly) away from lavender blends, but the lavender here is fresh, without the sharp medicinal note I get from most lav scents. 

All the other notes bend together into fluffy sweet pillows. 

There are whole buds floating in my bottle!!

Verdict is still forthcoming on whether it helps my sleep (it has been a very stressful week, so hard to gauge), but I definitely look forward to slathering myself with Sopor before bed! 

In the bottle, it's a gentle dark lavender. Freshly applied on my skin, it's a lot more ... herbal? It has more in common with Dreams Shape The World (which is sharper) than TKO, but it's still very different..

Once I've gone to bed, it develops this powerful, heady, almost opium-like cloud raising from my wrist that is completely different from the bottle. I remember thinking the first night that there was kind of a camphor aspect to it - which is, apparently, the blue tansy. Not lavender marshmallows by ANY measure. But it is indeed soporific! It doesn't make me sleepy or relaxed wearing it before bed, but I've worn it the last two nights and I have gone to sleep and STAYED asleep (other than a cat stepping on my face at 5am).