Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cycling for Pleasure

Sea water, sea salt-dusted cypress, pink carnation, oakmoss, and white vetiver.

To me, this smells like sweat at first, but sans funk or B.O.  It's very salty and a little off putting, but it has a clean, freshly-showered undertone that keeps it from being gross. It's also an aquatic that doesn't turn strait into soap on my skin, which is unusual. The burst of salt water fades after a bit, and the other notes emerge  Mostly, I smell oakmoss, warmed a touch by vetiver and gently sweetened and spiced by carnation.  The sweat impression is gone.  Now, it smells like resting in a shaded meadow after a long bike ride. :smile:  

That first sweat impression is a little much for me, but I really love how the fragrance changes and how well it works with the Shunga concept. If last year's aquatics worked for you, this one probably will too. If you like salt and mossy notes, this one is fun.  If you're hoping for tons of carnation, you might be disappointed.  

Edited by VetchVesper

Wow, this is gorgeous! I'm getting a super salty aquatic, softly supported by oakmoss and warmed up by a little carnation. I'm not getting a ton of vetiver (a little sad because I love vetiver), but I'm not really familiar with white vetiver specifically. If I really huff there's a sort of reedy, grassy note that resembles what I think of as vetiver. Overall though this is really well blended and evocative. Salty, airy, breezy but warm. Not quite sex on the beach, more like a tryst in a secluded oceanside cove. 

Freshly applied, Cycling smells like I encrusted my arm with sea salt. I tend to amp salt to the moon, but this fragrance listed some interesting other notes, so I wanted to see if this could work on me.

It doesn't. Throughout its life, Cycling is crusty sea salt; after drydown it becomes crusty sea salt over corn chips. That's the only story this one tells me.

Crusty sea salt, whiffs of both carnation and aquatic skin. This smells like a mermaid would smell. Slightly salty, slightly floral, aquatic. Medium throw and wear length.