Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Peanut

Welcome home, Peanut. This is the scent of Lilith’s joy the very first time she held you (minus the barf you splattered all over Lilith on the ride home): honey, warm cinnamon, sweet almond, myrrh, and fig cream.

This is a lovely and smooth sweet almond blend. It almost smells like baklava or like a similar honeyed nut-based pastry, but the bit of myrrh and soft cinnamon elevate the scent and prevent it from being strictly gourmand. With wear the almond recedes a bit and the blend is more honey-forward. This honey is the good stuff that the Lab’s been using lately (like in Elegant Vulvas). It doesn’t skew funky or overly sweet in my skin—it’s natural and sticky and golden and wonderful. 

Edited by ellocentipede

Fresh out of the mailbox, may revisit later!

In the bottle: Kind of weird and chemical, probably from the sweet almond and probably from spending all day on the mail truck.

Wet on my skin: It retains that weird chemical smell for a couple of minutes, but thankfully it then fades and allows the warm, sweet honeyed almond to take over.  

Dry: This is mostly a warm, gently honey-sweetened almond with just a hint of spice, and it smells very much like a Middle Eastern almond pastry dessert I had once. Also somewhat baklava-like, as ellocentipede mentioned above. There's a teeny bit of sweetness from the fig, but it's not really identifiable as fig unless you really sniff deep and analyze it. It's a little sticky-sweet, but the scent overall is fairly close to the skin and doesn't have a lot of throw, so it's not at all overpoweringly sticky-sweet. The myrrh and cinnamon are mostly there to warm the scent, and I don't think this is a blend even most cinnamon-sensitive people would have much trouble with. Warm, dessert-foodie honeyed almond pastry with just a hint of spice. Nice. 

Baklava, is that you?

This blend is almost a ringer for the sweet, sticky, nutty baklava I used to get at a Mediterranean takeout place near my last home. It's a little more almond-scented, which is lovely, but otherwise quite like that pastry's aroma at first.

Warm, syrupy honeyed almond pastry with some sweet fig and a little cinnamon.

I don't notice any overt myrrh until after drydown; even then, it blends well and just gives the perfume a touch of the non-gourmand.

Side note: I've had skin sensitivity with cinnamon, and had no issues testing this.

Wet: ALMOND. Strong, sweet almond. So strong that I can't in fact smell any other note!

Dry: Fig cream! Honey! Finally getting some notes other than almond. The fig cream is surprisingly strong, being backed by honey and sweet almond. Reminds me of some kind of pastry filling! Not getting any cinnamon, or myrrh. 

If you pull for gourmands, this will be a solid addition to your collection.  It 100% smells like a warm, nutty dessert drizzled in honey.  I wish the Lab had released this as a candle or home fragrance because this is just the most warm, inviting blend, and I totally want my house to smell this way.

On 11/10/2020 at 8:39 PM, Permanent.Black.Ink. said:

If you pull for gourmands, this will be a solid addition to your collection.  It 100% smells like a warm, nutty dessert drizzled in honey.  I wish the Lab had released this as a candle or home fragrance because this is just the most warm, inviting blend, and I totally want my house to smell this way.

As a gourmand/foodie scent person, I agree. This is one of the best scents I have, not too heavy, not too light. 

Funny story - when I first got it, I wasn't immediately impressed. I liked it, but it wasn't as favorable a first impression as, say, Baby's First Ballista and Perfectly Normal Childhood (both of which I have ordered a backup bottle of because I loved them so much). To me, it smelled like a much sweeter version of how a puppy or kitten smells, that fresh, sweet, cuddly smell. I like that scent but wasn't sure I would want to smell like that. I wore it once then discounted it. 

A few days later, I blindly reached towards my shelf and grabbed this bottle. "Well, I'll give it another shot," I thought. I accidentally put more than usual on my wrists, which turned out to be a good thing. 

BOTTLE: It does have an almost chemically sharp "edge" to the almond scent. Or like shampoo, it's a clean smell, not unpleasant. 

WET: Hello almonds. But it's warm, mellow almonds, not bitter almonds. 

AFTER A WHILE: This is where it really gets amazing. Last night I was bundled up under a blanket. When I took the blanket off, this amazing scent billowed out - pastry, and cinnamon, and cream, and a little bit of the warm, creamy almond scent. That was when I realized that this was one of my favorite scents. 

I totally agree that having a candle and or home fragrance would be great - I want my life to smell like this. :)

Wet it's a warm gentle honey with a bit of creaminess to it. There's a little tiny bit of spice from the cinnamon. The myrrh starts to come up and fill everything out pretty quickly, giving this just a rich robust fullness. It's a very gentle comforting kind of scent with a bit of honey sweetness that plays with the earthier sweetness of the fig. And there's definitely a smooth creaminess to it. But the little hint of cinnamon and the robust myrrh keep it from descending into pure sweetness in a really beautiful way. This was my biggest winner of this year's Liliths. It's so warm and cozy and absolutely fits the concept of hugging a puppy. It's going to be kind of wonderful in colder weather.

Honey almond. This is how I wish Dana O Shee smelled on me, but in that blend the milk just goes wonky and powdery. With Peanut, I get the honey and the whiffs of almond, backed by the sweetness of what I assume is the fig. It's not fruit, but creamy. I think this will be even lovelier on a cold day, it's such a snuggly scent.

I don't think I need a full bottle, but I'll definitely look for a half bottle, or at least a few other decants.

Honeyed creamy fig and almonds. This is a very comforting scent! It's nutty and sweet, reminds me of homemade dog biscuits or something. Only complaint is that I wish I got the myrrh note! Really lovely and glad I took a chance on getting this.

This has a warm, nutty sort of vibe to it (though some of that could just be the name trying to convince my brain that it's smelling peanuts). And yes, it is kind of like a puppy personified -- warm, a little fuzzy, full of nothing but happiness and goodwill and a desire to cuddle. Not the most long-lived of scents, but it's pretty good.

I was sure this would be a slam dunk for me based on the reviews, but sadly it was not.  In the bottle it is almond with a bit of a sharp chemical smell in the background.

Wet it is nice sweet almond and for a minute as it dries I get some yummy bakery goodness.

BUT, for me this goes down hill really fast. It smells exactly like a freshly shampooed puppy....straight up fluffy puppy and dog shampoo.  Then it goes through a phase of spicy dry cinnamon and fig.  I thought it was going to get better, but then the final stage is super strong spicy dog shampoo. I had to scrub it off.  I’ve tried multiple times over some months with the same result.  

This is like a warm hug ❤️

It's mostly honey, almond and fig cream, the cinnamom and myrrh maybe round out the experience but I can't detect them individually. Sweet and slightly nutty. It stays close to the skin and unfortunately fades away in 3 hours.

The label art shows Lillith with her puppy Peanut and the scent really evokes puppy cuddles and warmth and happiness.

I mostly got it because some reviews above likened it to the smell of Baklava and while it doesn't really smell like those to me, I'm glad I got a bottle of this.