Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Wild Rose & Cherry

This is a simple but lovely scent.  It's a mix of a slightly sweet, slightly perfumey rose note with a natural (ie, not medicinal) red cherry note.  The rose is stronger initially then the two notes blend together in the dry down. The throw and wear-length are moderate.  I really like this!

It reminds me a bit of last year's Strawberry and Rosebud. It's not at all similar to Une Douzaine de Roses: Un (cherry-dipped rose candy) since it smells more like fresh-picked roses and ripe cherries off the tree. 

Edited by TheIceMaiden

This is so interesting. I'm extremely sensitive to almond notes, and therefore to cherry notes. But sniffing Wild Rose and Cherry blindly, I would not have guessed at all that there is cherry in here. Instead, I would guess that this is rose petals and rose geranium. That slightly spicy geranium note is kicking here! How did it slip in? It's really distinct to me, and it really does smother any cherry note for me, except for a hint of fruity cherry at the very beginning.

So this cherry bomb is really more floral bomb with perhaps a tiny drop of fruit. 

No almonds, but not a winner. I think this is a nice rose scent for those who love roses and also who like a rose on the sweeter side as the cherry leans sweet to me. My issue is that I amp rose scents and this was not an exception. Teensy bit powdery, but not unlike most roses so again if roses are your jam, this actually does smell like “rose jam”. 

Ah, lovely! Real, natural cherries and real, natural pinky-red roses, both fresh and wild and alive. The cherry/rose combo makes me think of Persephone’s pomegranate/rose combo, but brighter. A bright red ruby as opposed to Persephone’s wine-red garnet. It’s simple, beautiful, natural and cheering. Great staying power too!

Red roses and a whiff of red cherries. This is mainly a red rose blend on me. Good throw and wear length.

Full-blooming red roses sweetened with cherries. 

Wet: A little more cherry than rose.

Dry: A lot more rose than cherry.

This blend develops some powdery texture on me after drydown. Still full and round red roses, but kinda powder-chalky.

This smells unabashedly girly to me, like Barbie's boudoir.  The rose is perfumey, the kind I think of when I think of pink, fancy, rose-scented soaps.  The cherry smells bright, candy red.  This is not for me, but I can see how it would be a fun scent for rose lovers.  

Reminds me of our yard in spring as a kid. We had a cherry tree that burst into white flowers and scattered petals all around. This smells like the memory of that scene. Cool, wet with dew, real red cherries and a lovely natural red rose, not overpowering on either. Maybe a hint of green grass.

This rose blend is very bright and cheery. A very fruity cherry scent.
This is a bright and tart cherry; a fresh spring time sort of cherry scent. The rose is a "high" note. It is bright and clear. Some roses give off that heady scent but not this one. This is the same sort of rose found in Persephone, Rose Red, and Blood Rose.

If you like the fruity rose from Persephone, you should try this one.

I'm not getting cherry from this, but it is a very nice rose upon the drydown, very clean. May need to consider a bottle. 

No cherries in this on me, just Pride's less resiny slightly sweet (and fresher somehow) little sister rose.

Edited by DigitalCoyote

Airy fresh rose, with cherry providing some fruity sweetness. Like a more airy, less sweet and less lemony Lush Rose Jam.