Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Moss-green sugar spun lace dusted with mandrake root and sweet aged patchouli, dusty cedar, and crushed toadstools with a cauldron-splash of nightshade accord, tobacco flower, green cognac, and woodsmoke -

…plus a pinch of ethically-harvested, locally-sourced vegan eye of newt and toe of frog.

I am a big fan of this Lace.  😊

Wet, it is very green (like 95% green), a little bit cologne-y, and a little bit sweet, with a little bit of a bite.

Dry, the green dies down a little, and the sweeter notes take a bolder stance. It continues to keep the sharp spicy-bite, which I think counterweighs the sweetness nicely.

I was personally hoping for a little more of the patchouli and mushroom notes. I love The Grave-Pig, so I was hoping for WL to be a little like it, but I can barely place the patchouli, and I definitely can't pick out any mushroom notes.

The cedar, tobacco, and woodsmoke are very nice in this; I think they are my favorite part.

I really expect this to age well; I'm not super into the greener notes, and I have a feeling that they will fade out after a while, leaving the best bits! 👍

After having used this a few times since I first posted my review, I can safely say that Witches' Lace is like Jolly Roger's swampier sister. 😊 WL has the same salty/spicy/crusty quality that JR does (which is my favorite part of JR 😆).

Edited by AirimirOfGondor

I get a very green herby mix over lace, patchouli, cedar, and a whiff of woodsmoke. This is like herbs sent on a nice bonfire out there. Herby, green, smoky. Good throw and wear length.

I'm not as good at picking out "scent colors" as many are on here. This is an all time favorite of mine though. I wish it wasn't limited edition because this could become my signature every day scent if it wasn't. Alas, I shall be hoarding my bottle. 

It starts out almost "bubble-gum" on my skin (similar to High Strung Daisies for me -- WL actually paits with HSD hair gloss amazingly) but that fades away to a beautiful watery, herbal lace on me. I know the other notes are at play here but I am typically garbage at picking the individual notes out. All I can say is I want to bathe in this scent. It's perfect for spring, and when I have it on I cannot stop sniffing myself.