Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

One of the biggest joys of my life is holding hands and walking with Lilith. My lovely wife is always walking behind us taking these photos, and I love how you can see Lilith growing up over the years.

Lilith, please never stop holding my hand.

Dorian holding hands with Slime Queen, with Snake Oil happily trailing behind.

In the bottle - Daaaaamn. I can smell it all. This is gonna be a doozy.

Wet - Aw shit. The SECOND I put this on, it transforms into something glorious. Slime Queen, is that you? It feels vibrant and young and carefree. There's a tinge of Snake Oil watching over the mix, making sure things don't get too out of control.

Drydown - Hot DAMN I love this. It's like listening to a mashup of the classic BPAL hits with a fresh new twist. It's still there after a couple hours, and every time I catch a waft of it there's a slightly different angle of the scent showing. Not content with being a lovely blend, this is also interesting AF.

Verdict - Folks are going to be hoarding this. I might be one of them.

This is exactly the scent of the sum total of the Barrial pack, as they arrive in a flurry of hugs, smiles, and hellos. It’s very evocative. If you like the Dorian+Snake Oil scents, you’ll like this. It’s fantastic and made me smile so big and miss them a little less. I got a bottle and will enjoy it.

I just had to chime in and say how amazing this is. I adore it and am so glad to have a bottle. I'm not familiar with Slime Queen but it must be awesome. This perfume is a must have if you love Snake Oil.

Wet: From strongest to least; Snake Oil, Dorian, and Slime Queen.

Dry: Same as the wet stage! The Snake Oil scent is definitely dominant, followed by Dorian. With Slime Queen, it's more a general sweetness I get from it, and not an actual cotton candy note.

Lovely! I can't wait to see how this ages.

In the bottle: Sugary Dorian and Snake Oil! The Snake Oil was a lot stronger when this first arrived, but it seems to have calmed down somewhat after having a few days to settle.

Wet: The Slime Queen component is the strongest on my skin, and like donkehpoo, I feel like it is more like sugary Dorian than cotton candy, but now I am actually going back to a thought I had when testing Slime Queen that I’m getting more of here -- maybe it’s lime cotton candy in Slime Queen, or perhaps that’s just the prominence of the lemon-y white tea of Dorian mixing with the sugar. It’s most likely the latter. It becomes more sugary as it sits on my skin, and I feel like I am getting more sugar from this than Slime Queen, which I am happy about (but maybe it has become sweeter with age.) The Snake Oil was originally lingering in the background, but it seems to be growing stronger as the scent begins to dry.

Dry: A lot of Slime Queen’s sugar has dissipated, so now it mostly smells like a Snake Oil and Dorian hybrid with just a touch of Slime Queen’s sugar.

It regains some sweetness after a few hours of wear thanks to the vanillas and sugars in these scents, and it’s just a perfect mix of Snake Oil, Dorian, and Slime Queen (in that order).

Verdict: I am a fan of this now, and I know that it will only get better with age. I almost didn’t blind bottle this because I was like, do I really need more variants of these scents? And the answer is yes, absolutely.

I blind bought two bottles of this because it sounded like perfection. Unfortunately, it's just not working great on me. I never smelled Slime Queen, but I imagine that is what I'm getting from it mostly because it's like Dorian on sugar steroids. Suuuuuuuuper sweet and sugary. I don't get any Snake Oil from this at all. There is a citrus-y note from the Dorian. I'm hoping the SO comes out more with age but if not, I will destash both bottles. It also faded fast, in about 3 hours on me.

I love and wear all three of these scents separately, but together, I'm getting dried, candied fruit of the citrus variety that you put in fruitcakes.  I love eating this kind of thing, but definitely don't like smelling like it.  After a bit, Slime Queen takes over, which I guess is quite fitting, as children pretty much do that, but with that annoying fruit cake vibe in the background.  I don't need more, but it was fun to try.

On wet its mainly Slime Queen and Dorian, but Snake Oil quickly takes over and it ends up as a more lemony Snake Oil on my skin. Medium throw and wear length.

The combination of Dorian and Snake Oil pretty much assures a blind bottle purchase for me, though I have to admit I hesitated a bit with the addition of Slime Queen, which I confused with the guava one and thought would not be my jam. Now I see Slime Queen is Dorian and Cotton Candy and I am extra stoked about this! 

Wet: WHOA. Patchouli. A big old hippie slap in the face. I never find the patch very strong in Snake Oil, on me at least, so this is surprising. I also get lots of slightly fruity cotton candy. This is....different. Not what I expected. I can't detect any Dorian at all. 

Dry: Not sure how I feel about this! The intense patchouli calmed down a lot. Now it's like fresh Snake Oil with candy. I think I'll age it before I make any decisions. 

Slime Queen front and center with silvery sugar crystals, over Dorian with the proportion of tea to vanilla somehow flipped, with sweet honey Snake Oil dripping all over it - damn, I'm so mad I didn't go for a bottle of this when I had the chance!

In the decant: Very fruity, almost candy. Must be Slime Queen because I am getting neither Dorian nor Snake Oil. 

On my skin:

Wet, there is some definite patchouli coming out, but it's not distinctively Snake Oil. Still fruity candy, though. As it dries, the Dorian comes through rather strongly, though there's still something non-Dorian -- a candy-type note -- about it. There's also something just a touch deeper than anything in Dorian, which I'm guessing is the patchouli I detected earlier and/or another component of Snake Oil. At this stage, at least, the Snake Oil is very much in the background. 

... Huh. And this is where it starts to do a weird thing. I still get Dorian with some spun candy sugar, but then an undercurrent of... super fresh patchouli. Not the full complexity of Snake Oil, and definitely not Snake Oil as aged as this should be. It has an almost oudy quality. I cannot be in love with this, but I'm very glad to have tried it.  

I love how the snake oil just adds the nicest vanilla edge to the Dorian and Slime Queen. Its almost creamy?  Very smooth. The slime queen just asserts itself as a sweet edge in the background. Where as straight Dorian is a more forward, I feel Snake Oil is the most prominent scent, with a softening of Dorian. I really love this scent and am glad to have it in my collection. 

This smells like a sweeter, candied version of Snake Oil. I didn't love Slime Queen because it was very faint and this one is also very faintish with the cotton candy note. It has a base of warm vanilla and musk but no spices at all. I don't detect any Dorian yet but I'll check back in a little bit. Okay so it's been like an hour and I like it even less now. It smells really herbal and earthy on my skin. I read up on some reviews and yep, it smells like patchouli.