Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
gloame

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Lilith “All-Night Party Bean” Barrial begged us to allow her to stay up past midnight and ring in the New Year at the Los Angeles Zoo with her oldest friend Novi. How could we refuse?

We all danced, we sang, we drank apple cider, and we partied all night long.

They would have stayed until the dawn if the zoo had not kicked us out.

You know what they say, you don’t have to go home but the monkeys want you to leave.

Vanilla cake with sprinkles and red velvet cupcakes, with a touch of climbing wisteria and sparkling apple cider.

At first, quite sharp, I think from the wisteria mixing with cider. Then it mellows into this lovely, fun sweet scent with sweet, soft wisteria backed by just a hint of cider. This was the only Lilith/Fatherhood I bought this year and it was a huge surprise to me. I would never have expected to go for something with sprinkles in it, but this works. It's much more ladylike than girly once it settles. Will probably get even better with age. Low throw.

Where I'd wear this: New Year's Eve party with my niece

In the bottle: When this first arrived, it was mainly vanilla cake followed by the apple cider with the red velvet cake underneath it. Now the sparkling apple cider is the most prominent note, followed by both cake notes. But the wisteria, which I didn't notice when it was fresh from the mailbox a few days ago, is also a lot stronger, so sometimes I smell more cake, and sometimes, I sniff it and get more of the wisteria.

Wet: Oh hai, wisteria! It's mostly creamy wisteria (thanks to the cake) and apple cider. Then it gets sharper thanks to the rising strength of the wisteria-sparkling cider combo.

Dry: Cake, where art thou!? I was hoping for cake + wisteria, but I'm still mostly getting wisteria and the sparkling cider. It's not as sharp anymore near my wrists, but it tickles my nose and makes me want to sneeze near the crook of my elbow.

Verdict: Alas, I wanted more cake out of this one, and not sparkling cider and wisteria. I don't dislike it, but it's not something that I think I'd reach for again.

Cake, apples, and wisteria. I didn't expect the wisteria to be so strong. And I didn't expect for my skin to amp it. The cake and apples is apparent at the beginning, but the wisteria comes out after drydown. Not for me.

Wet: Not what I expected! This is sparkling cider, and wisteria. I'm not smelling any cake.

Dry: Pretty similar to the wet stage, just a bit lighter. I'm pretty disappointed that the cake didn't make an appearance.

It's a nice scent, just not for me. ;)

If you enjoy florals and champagne scents, you'd probably enjoy this!

Edited by donkehpoo

I get a ton of cake and frosting from this. Vanilla frosting to be precise. Very foodie, very gourmand. Great throw, good wear length. For all of you lovers of Cake Smash, check this out.

Wet: CAKE. Lots of cake. But also...something astringent? Maybe that's the cider. It's an odd mix. It's like the two are fighting for dominance, and that astringent note is winning. It's so acrid it almost makes my eyes water. My skin is doing weird things to this, because in the vial and right when I put it on, it was all about the cake. Hoping it settles on my skin. Also - I want cake.

Dry: This turned into a straight-up aquatic on me. :blink: So confused! That must be the wisteria? It smells a bit like aquatic-plus-lily, actually. All hints of cake, cider, anything else are gone. Man my skin is weird.

After aging,10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 is a vanilla cake-centric scent. This is a table heaped full of vanilla and red velvet cupcakes, with apple cider and buttercream hanging in the air. The wisteria is in the background, like a floral drape. This is very yummy, like dessert in a bottle.

The cinnamon in this caused a bad reaction on my skin, so there's definitely a good dose of cinnamon in that sparkling apple cider.
The sparkling cider dominates and is like a slightly soapy gingerale or champagne note. Cake-y, vanilla-y notes hang out in the background at first, and turn into a sweet, baked apple aroma in the middle stage, with sugar and spice. Dries down to a sharp cinnamon and soapy champagne scent on me, with the vanilla and cake notes pulling a disappearing act.

As soon as I put this on, I went to the sales to try to find a bottle because it has THAT champagne-esque note with a light floral that makes me smile. Unfortunately, on drydown, I get the cake. Too much of it.

I get white cake and frosting and Martinelli's sparkling cider from 10-9-8. My skin is allowing me neither a prominent vanilla note nor any cocoa from the red velvet cake. At least I'm not getting a skin reaction, and I can't smell any cinnamon either. As it dries down, the wisteria comes to greater and greater prominence. This is a really interesting scent, with the wisteria keeping it from being entirely foody, and I think it would be stunning with the right skin chemistry. Which is not, unfortunately, mine.

Frosting and vanilla cake and fizzy, gingery apple cider. Wisteria and a hint of the red velvet's cocoa in the background. Wish the cake notes were more prominent, but overall a very nice holiday scent.

Interesting. I'm not getting any of the apple cider, just the cakes and a little bit of the wisteria. I can smell more of the red velvet than the vanilla. It goes a little playdoh like on me for the first few minutes until it dries, reminds me of Snow White during that phase actually.

Very nice, I was hoping to get some more of the apple cider though. I'm sure I could layer this with Our Little Crypt Ghoul and it'll be great. It does have a low throw, sadly.