Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SurrealReality

Creamy scents that aren't foody?

Hi! I have been out of the bpal loop and away from the forum for a long time. I used to collect and wear foody scents, but I was asked to stop. I sold most of my collection (keeping only what I couldn't bear to part with) and, since I didn't know what other types of scents to try, I stopped buying BPAL. However, I really miss wearing perfume, so now I'm looking for scents that I still enjoy wearing, but that aren't foody.

After reviewing the (very short) list of non-foody scents I like, I've realized that they could all be described as creamy.

Chaste Moon '05 (white floral over sweet cream - nothing like the 2010 version)

Cabaret.Goth (a soft, creamy white floral/amber with something a little bright and almost fizzy on top)

Lamia v3 (a deep, somewhat masculine clove scent... but again, there's something creamy and a little sweet there too).

Joyful Moon (vanilla, soft florals, and something that smells like fresh, juicy berries)

Morocco

Antique Lace

Dana O'Shee

Also, two scents that I LOVE in the bottle that turn rotten on me

O

Inez

GC and LE recs are both fine, but nothing incredibly rare please (I used to collect rare foodies, but I don't want to begin again because I never enjoyed wearing scents that I knew I'd probably never find more of).

I'm always looking for the same thing!
One that I love that's not on your list is Katrina Van Tassel, which is roses, honey and cream, I think. Even though it's sweet, it doesn't strike me as foody. But I look forward to hearing recs. from others so thanks for this thread. :)

This is a category I really like!

How about these?

Hod

The Oval Portrait

Flowering Chrysanthemums

Signoir Dildo

Alice

Chimera

Zarita

Three Brides

Hi, welcome back! Long time no see!

I second Alice, that scent came to mind immediately. For me, it's more floral at first, and the creamy part comes out after a little while.

Welcome back : )

Edited by Forspecial Plate

Ohhhh my welcome back! Do I have a list for you! Will cone back to edit as I'm on my phone atm DX and might look silly with random typos and badly placed sentences

Edited by celestia

I love love love creamy scents!

LE's

Eostre of the Dawn: Jasmine and honeysuckle, sweet milk and female skin.

The Bride: Vanilla chiffon, honey musk, and pale magnolia.

De Vos' Unicorn: Sugared peony and rose-tinted vanilla with mallow, white musk, lavender buds, and a touch of apricot.

Allegory of Chastity: Creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

GC's

Sudha Segara: Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia.

Vasilissa: Creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

I find Hope and Faith from the Carnival creamy too.

I can't say enough how gorgeously creamy Vasilissa is!! I also agree strongly with Sudha Segara and Dana O'Shee.

Not sure if the Lights of Men's Lives would be creamy enough for you, but since it's GC it's easy enough to find out! It's so pretty.

Love's Philosophy is gorgeous vanilla cream, and on me the saffron keeps it from being too foodie. Since it was re-released recently, it has also become not too hard to find!

Since you like Antique Lace I feel like the new Zorya Polunochnaya would be a good choice, as they have a very similar feel to me: Pale amber and ambergris, gossamer vanilla, moonflower, and white tobacco petals.

(Not so) Penitent (Mini) Magdalene is lovely and creamy and very unique.

Hope you find more non-foodie scents you love! And welcome back!

Non-foody creamy is probably my favorite type overall!

I would just second several mentioned here already, and add Audumla, if you can find it (four streams of milk, white honey, frankincense, motherwort, and angelica root).

In addition to everyone's suggestions, I would recommend:

Kitten with Shamisen Daydreams of a Phallus Palanquin- Rice milk, white musk, and pear

Beautiful creamy pear scent from this year's Lupers.

I'm always looking for the same thing!

One that I love that's not on your list is Katrina Van Tassel, which is roses, honey and cream, I think. Even though it's sweet, it doesn't strike me as foody. But I look forward to hearing recs. from others so thanks for this thread. :)

At one time, quite a while back, I had a bottle of this. At the time, I was strictly interested in very foody scents, so I passed it on to someone else. From what I recall, it might be exactly what I'm looking for now. Thank you for the suggestion!

This is a category I really like!

How about these?

Hod

The Oval Portrait

Flowering Chrysanthemums

Signoir Dildo

Alice

Chimera

Zarita

Three Brides

I forgot about the Oval Portrait!!! I tried it years ago and really liked it, but it wasn't foody enough for me at the time. I will definitely have to give it a try again now. Thank you for reminding me of its existence!

Seconding Hell's Belle! It's one of my top ten GCs!

And I'd like to add Vasilissa, a brand new favorite of mine. It's pink and creamy with a little bit of musk underneath to ground it. It's a princess scent for sure!

Since you like Antique Lace I feel like the new Zorya Polunochnaya would be a good choice, as they have a very similar feel to me: Pale amber and ambergris, gossamer vanilla, moonflower, and white tobacco petals.

I popped in here to support the suggestion of Zorya Polunochnaya - it's gorgeous and very wearable. (It also reminds me a little of Morocco). *Note: it needs a few days to settle from postal shock for the creaminess to come out.

Edited by rawgirl75

I popped in here to support the suggestion of Zorya Polunochnaya - it's gorgeous and very wearable. (It also reminds me a little of Morocco). *Note: it needs a few days to settle from postal shock for the creaminess to come out.

I didn't get any creaminess for Zorya P - it's very ethereal and cool and light but the vanilla wasn't so prevalent on me. It is very well blended though so perhaps that's why but it was quite a cool, ethereal scent without creaminess on me. Did everyone else get creaminess?

Hi, welcome back! Long time no see!

I second Alice, that scent came to mind immediately. For me, it's more floral at first, and the creamy part comes out after a little while.

Welcome back : )

Hey, thank you! That definitely sounds like something that might work for me and I don't think I've ever tried it before (I probably assumed it would be too floral for my formerly foody tastes).

I feel like scents with Gardenia in them seem really creamy to me. I'm not sure why.... I love Le Serpent Qui Danse. It's not really foody, and it's a gorgeous creamy vanilla floral.

I feel like scents with Gardenia in them seem really creamy to me. I'm not sure why.... I love Le Serpent Qui Danse. It's not really foody, and it's a gorgeous creamy vanilla floral.

I agree. Tissue is a gardenia scent that I think has a creamy vibe to it.

Also, Katrina van Tassel definitely seems creamy to me too!

I am also someone who did not find Zorya P. to be particularly creamy. It is gorgeous, however.

Edited by wendyb1063

I love love love creamy scents!

LE's

Eostre of the Dawn: Jasmine and honeysuckle, sweet milk and female skin.

The Bride: Vanilla chiffon, honey musk, and pale magnolia.

De Vos' Unicorn: Sugared peony and rose-tinted vanilla with mallow, white musk, lavender buds, and a touch of apricot.

Allegory of Chastity: Creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

GC's

Sudha Segara: Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia.

Vasilissa: Creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

I find Hope and Faith from the Carnival creamy too.

They all sound great, but Eostre of the Dawn sounds especially :lovestruck:. I will be on the lookout for a decant. Thank you for the excellent list!

I can't say enough how gorgeously creamy Vasilissa is!! I also agree strongly with Sudha Segara and Dana O'Shee.

Not sure if the Lights of Men's Lives would be creamy enough for you, but since it's GC it's easy enough to find out! It's so pretty.

Love's Philosophy is gorgeous vanilla cream, and on me the saffron keeps it from being too foodie. Since it was re-released recently, it has also become not too hard to find!

(Not so) Penitent (Mini) Magdalene is lovely and creamy and very unique.

Hope you find more non-foodie scents you love! And welcome back!

I will definitely have to try Vasilissa and Zorya. (Not so) Penitent (Mini) Magdalene sounds intriguing as well. I will have to try The Lights of Men's lives just because I love the story. Thank you for the suggestions!

In addition to everyone's suggestions, I would recommend:

Kitten with Shamisen Daydreams of a Phallus Palanquin- Rice milk, white musk, and pear

Beautiful creamy pear scent from this year's Lupers.

I LOVE rice notes - rice wine, rice milk, rice flower - but even if I didn't I would have to try that scent for the name alone! Quite a mouthful :laugh:

They all sound great, but Eostre of the Dawn sounds especially :lovestruck:. I will be on the lookout for a decant. Thank you for the excellent list!

Oh Eostre is just swoonworthy! She instantly shot up to my top tier faves, such a beautiful soft, creamy floral.