Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

White Chocolate, Marshmallow, Honey, and Goat’s Milk

[No additional description provided.]

In the Bottle: YUMMMMMMM! Rich goat's milk and marshmallow and cocoa butter, oh my!

Wet On Skin: More of the same, and I couldn't be happier.

Dry Down: The cocoa butter warms up and comes forward a bit more but the goat's milk and marshmallow hold their own. the honey is a whisper and frankly, I'm glad, as honey does sometimes amp on my skin and drowns out other more subtle notes.

In All: This is incredible. Like, I-probably-need-a-backup-bottle kind of incredible. This is a foodie's paradise. I am seriously in LOVE. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Wet: Strong chocolate. Can't smell individual notes just chocolate

Dry: just smells like chocolate to me with a bit of a spice. I never get any honey or goats milk. And no marshmallow. Just chocolate. It does morph more into the white chocolate. Super super gormaund. If you like chocolate you will love this. Not a fake chocolate scent. But too gourmand for me to wear

While this is wet on my skin, it’s the chocolate blend of my dreams. A marshmallow-cocoa butter mix seems the strongest on me, followed by white chocolate and goat’s milk, and then some dripping golden honey. It’s glorious.

Once this dries, however, it becomes a plainer honeyed white chocolate on me.

I don’t wear chocolate blends often and already have more of them than I’m using, but I still want to bottle this for the wet phase. Yum.

When I first apply this, it smells like honey flavored dusting powder, hot cocoa powder, and marshmallow cream.
The drydown reminds me a lot of Boo's cool sweet cream, but like Boo eating a rice krispy treat.
It's more buttery marshmallows than milky to me, and I only get the honey for a few minutes on first application.
Still, I like this. An over-the-top, sweet, buttery marshmallow works for me.

Winner of the Great No-Sail-You-Cannot-Buy-All-The-Chocolates-Get-Your-Shit-Together-And-Pick-One Throwdown of 2017.

This is glorious and creamy-sweet without being too cloying or going sour from the milk. The chocolate doesn't necessarily seem white to me, just chocolate. And it's not too buttery either, which was an issue I ran into with Ivory Vulva making me crave popcorn. Probably one of my favorite milk and chocolate scents.

The deciding factor, however, was that none of the notes bothered me after drying down. After an hour, Ceylon Cinnamon and Coffee's coffee absolute note reminded me too much of early morning exam cramming and Whiskey and Cardamom's whisky note reminded me too much of early morning puking. As I haven't done anything regrettable regarding marshmallow or goat's milk yet, this one gets to come home with me.

Wet: I am always a little hesitant with goat's milk, but these other notes were too good to pass up. Wet, I am getting something that reminds me of the beaver moons - it's like a graham cracker crust note. It's yummy, but I want more marshmallow and honey.

Dry: Pretty yummy. The jury is still out though. Sometimes I sniff and get yummy marshmallow, which is a favourite, other times I get a burnt smell that's not pleasant. I'll have to find time for a second test before they come down.

Oh my goodness, I want to eat my arm right now. This is perfect, fresh-out-of-the-wrapper white chocolate (I know some people hate the stuff; I am not one of them). The honey and marshmallow almost hint at a white chocolate s'more, and the goat milk lends an intense creaminess to everything, as well as just a hint of something animalic, specifically...goaty. For anyone who has had goat milk the difference will definitely be obvious, but it's not strong or offensive in the least. All the notes blend beautifully and it's hard to pick out individual ones. I may be multi-bottling this! It's unique and delicious.

Chocolate marshmallow drizzled in creamy honey. This one is a soft, creamy marshmalloy chocolate. Low throw and wear length. Too foodie for me.

This smells like a decadent dessert I want to eat. Vanilla cream, honey, and white chocolate. I don't wear these types of blends, but damn I want dessert now! It is a fast fade though.

Trying to outgrow my love of foodie blends because they're not work-appropriate...but sometimes I can't resist! White chocolate, marshmallow and honey are three of my favorite notes ever. The honey is so rich with buttery and floral notes. I don't really smell the marshmallow. On me, this is a gorgeous honey combined with sugar and cocoa butter. I love its luxuriance.

What is this? A honey that doesn't go icky on me? Incredible. Cocoa butter and the smell you associate with goat's milk, honey, oatmeal soap. It's got a low throw, and doesn't seem to last long. If you're a fan of that soap, I definitely recommend this, or if you adore the way cocoa butter lotion smells, but you don't want something super powerful. This kinda reminds me of a sweeter, less over-powering version of Adrastea.

Warm, sweet, foody and only the slightest bit goaty.  This smells like s'mores without the milk chocolate.  It's unabashedly foody, but the muskiness of the goat's milk makes it wearable for me, whereas usually, these kind of blends remind me of candles.  The white chocolate is rich and realistic, and I'd say, if you're a fan of that note, this fragrance is well worth hunting down.  I enjoy wearing it to bed when I want something indulgent and snuggly.  

Preconceived notions:

Been trying to track this one down for a while.  I love white chocolate and I've been digging every goat's milk scent I've tried from the Lab.  Honey is so, so hit or miss on me.  And marshmallow sounds great, but can be cloying.  So I'm prepared for this to be sweet.  I'm afraid of it being cloying.

First sniff:

So sweet.  So, so sweet.  Like, oh-my-god-I-miscalculated-when-buying-this sweet.  Cloying sweet.  White chocolate slaps me right in the face right out of the bottle.  But there's more sweetness here.  Layers of it.  I'm a little intimidated at this point. :nervous:

Wet on skin:

This is better.  Still very sweet, but I can start to smell the goat's milk a little bit and things are somehow both coming together and becoming identifiably their own thing, if that makes sense.  This is a lovely gourmand scent at this point, but still too sweet for me to wear, though it is nice.

Dry down:

There we go!  It's so strange.  If I just sniff, I get a sort of mix of all the different notes, so seamlessly together I can't pinpoint anything in particular other than the chocolate, though everything else is there.  If I stop and smell and pay attention, I can pick out each note individually.  The white chocolate is strong on the cocoa butter.  The marshmallow is a soft, fluffy sweetness.  The honey starts out a little sour (as it can be on me and some other people) but then turns smooth and golden.  The goat's milk has a slightly sour tinge, too, being goat's milk, but it melds beautifully with the honey and evens out into this lovely creaminess that makes me think of the way a goat's milk caramel is sweet with a hint of tang.

The final verdict:

Winner!  I liked all stages of this, but only the dry down is something that I'd wear.  That's okay, though, because I really like where this ends up! 😀