Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The smallest of Jupiter’s Inner Moons. This is a maternal perfume: warm, comforting, and protective. Goat’s milk accord, white honey, cacao-dusted amber, white coconut, white rose, and benzoin.

The honey is really amping on me and I'm getting musty musky honey -no coconut, rose, etc. This is fresh from mailbox, so will retest and revisit this post!

In The Bottle: Warm, creamy goats milk with a dollop of honey. :yum:

Wet On Skin: Still predominantly goats milk and honey but something creeping the teeniest, tiniest bit into the background. I think it must be the rose but really, it's so so slight it's like an afterthought. Or a memory of an afterthought.

Dry Down: Stays pretty true, mostly this scent is pure honey with a lovely splash of goats milk.

In All: Low throw. As described a warm, comforting scent. I got two blind bottles because I suspected that this is exactly as it would be, and I'm really glad this is how it turned out. Really wonderful- I expect to wear this a LOT during cozy sweater season, especially! :luv2:

I get all the notes in small doses. I smell the goats milk warmed and sweetened with honey. I smell the rose (which gives me this weird impression of burning hair for just a minute haha), I get the coconut very mildly. Dry down is mainly the amber to me. I'm guessing the coco is giving it a little depth or more resinous feel.

The milk and coconut combo in this are very similar to the same combo in Obatala. I do actually get quite a bit of coconut with an equal amount of sweet creamy milk. The honey is very prominent as well and the rose is definitely there but behaves by standing just off to the side where it gently wafts its petals in the background. The cacao and amber are grounding, slightly powdery, and faint.

This is a lovely, sweet, soft scent The throw is about the same as Obatala on me which is fairly low but by no means requiring nose touching wrist levels of sniffing to smell.

A beautiful warm and cozy scent! I'm so happy I chanced a blind bottle.

I really wanted to love this, which i don't, which i think is because of the goat's milk. Don't get me wrong, this is a gorgeous scent, but something about it didn't totally click with me. It reminds me of a warmer, more maternal, less vampy version of Eat Me, if that makes any sense?

in the bottle - mild, milky, sort of dark

on me - SUPER WARM, i think this is the goat's milk coming through? it becomes way more complex and way more foody

So yeah, I like it a lot, I thought I was going to end up hoarding it, but alas, that is not the case.

After my adoration of the goat's milk accord in Depart Pour Le Sabbat I knew I needed to have this. I was not disappointed at all, man oh man. I actually end up putting this on at night before I go to bed; it's very warm and soothing but I have to be careful not to slather it on. Maternal is exactly right.

in the bottle - milky, not overly sweet, warm

on me- milky, slightly spiced (probably the amber/benzoin)

several hours later - warm, creamy rose

In short: :wub3: so glad I picked it up!!

This is my first Lunacy purchase and I am stunned. I get a lot of goat's milk and honey, and a friend remarked that it smelled a little incense-y. Overall, warm, with a bit of spice and honey. I love it!

This went all creamy rose on me, strong and gorgeous. I wanted a touch more sweetness, so I layered it with Stekk and it was absolutely divine and incredibly long lasting. Very reminiscent of my beloved Katrina Van Tassel. Love, love, love!

In the bottle: Warm, creamy, syrupy.

Wet on my skin: ...waffles? What?

Dry: I swear on a stack of various holy books, this ends up smelling like warm, buttery buttermilk-batter Belgian waffles with maple/butter-pecan syrup. There's hardly any rose on my skin, but it's all buttery golden-brown and very, very foodie on me. I smell like waffles. Or maybe pancakes, though not quite as sweet as American pancakes tend to be. And there's definitely a bit of spice, like a sprinkle of nutmeg or something on top of all the butter and golden-brown fried batter.

OH. OH. I KNOW. FUNNEL CAKE. The base in this smells like funnel cake, but with butter and syrup. This is really making me hungry. For waffles, or funnel cake. BRB going to IHOP.

I seldom go for a lunacy, as I haven't had a ton of success with them, but I adore every single note in this on its own, and I am a sucker for anything at could potentially even have a hint of coconut, so I went out on a limb and nabbed this.

Wet: Creamy, sweet, more foodie than I thought it would be. Smells like a yummy pastry of some kind...it's kind of nutty (but not coconutty). Mmm, do I ever like this, but I am having a hard time picking out notes, it's so well blended. It's so warm and comforting, like wrapping up in a warm snuggly blanket.

Dry: The same, doesn't seem to morph much. This scent is like being draped in a warm blanket made out of flaky pastry, sprinkled with nuts and drizzled with honey and cream. Sounds odd, I know, but it's awesome.

Everything about this sounded so good -- I was only unsure about the rose, and it was well in to the list of notes, so I thought, eh, see what it does.

In the bottle: strong white rose and honey and soured milk. I usually love the goat's milk accord, but it doesn't seem to be getting along with the rose.

Hmm.

On the skin: Oh dear. Strong powdery white rose and sour milk. The amber amps up, but it can't fix the sweet, fluttering, silky-white nightmare that is this scent on my skin. Like if you made chocolate milk but instead it was rose milk, and also evil. I bet this would be great on someone who doesn't turn white rose and goat's milk into poison.

If you rolled Obatala in white rose, honey, and the sheerest dusting of ambered chocolate, you'd be close to Adrastea. This is part foody, part mommy and wholly delightful. On and dried down, the sillage reminds me of a hot milk drink I once had at a fancy party that was steeped with rose petals, cacao nibs, and creme de coco. It makes me want to don a fuzzy bathrobe and curl up with a good book.

In the bottle: Rose, with hints of milk & honey.

Wet: ROSE

On the drydown: Creamy rose, with a tangy-sweet element that I think is the goats milk. It reminds me a little bit of Turkish delight (the rose-flavored kind, obvs.,not the pistachio kind).

An hour or so later, it's still all creamy rose, and not the foodie milk-honey-etc. blend I was hoping for. But it's a very pleasant, soft, gentle rose, that wears close to the skin, the first rose blend I've encountered that I actually find wearable. If you like rose, this would probably be an amazing bedtime scent.

I was really upset when I first got this bottle in the mail, because it just smelled like honey powder and I wanted it to smell like all of the other, amazing listed notes. But I kept coming back to this scent and dabbing it on over the course of a week (something about it is very compelling and addictive to me), and it really grew on me.
Adrastea is still primarily a honey powder scent, but the milkiness and coconut make it so lush and creamy. And now, after having the bottle for a few weeks, I can pick out a hint of beautiful white rose and it has more of a rich warmth from the amber and benzoin. It smells sensual, yet comforting & maternal to me.
Bpal's Dawn: Maiden smelled like an amazing, creamy honey and rose in the bottle and then turned sharp and soapy on my skin. Adrastea reminds me of Maiden's luscious in-the-bottle scent.
I don't like true honey fragrances, because they smell sort of bitter and strange on me, but this is like a creamy, sugared, super gourmand honey powder and vanilla milkiness. Creamy, warm, delicious, foodie goodness :thud:

Goat milk, honey, touch of coconut and rose. This smells like chewy caramels made with goat milk and a dash of rosewater. It's thick, rich, creamy, and very foodie. Low throw, good wear length.

If you were looking for goat milk caramels, look no further.

Ok, I'm confused. I put this on, and it smelled delicious amber/chocolate for a hot minute, and then it got terrible. I couldn't quite identify the terrible -- might have been from the goat's milk or the benzoin -- but it basically was rotten or even poopy. I washed it off right away, BUT apparently not before some got on my sweater, which I am still wearing, and I'm noticing that it is, again, delicious. The chocolate has faded, but now it's a creamy warm amber/honey blend.