Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
doomsday_disco

Disrespect for Established Authority

Policemen, judges, Government officials and respected institutions shall never be presented in such a way as to create disrespect for established authority.

Gleaming black leather with blonde tobacco, copal, and smoked vanilla.

In the bottle: The leather in this is light. I do get the gleaming aspect of it from the bottle. The smoked notes follow, and the vanilla serves to lighten up the scent a bit.

Wet: The leather note is still light, and it reads as more of a well-worn leather note to my nose. The smoked notes are present, but the smokiness in the scent is rather light as well. I get more of the blonde tobacco from this on my skin than the copal note as the scent begins to dry down. The smoked vanilla note begins to emerge more with time.

Dry: It's very faint now. The smoky aspect of the scent has died down significantly, leaving behind a very light leather and vanilla scent with a small plume of smoke. Several hours later, the copal note remerges and becomes the dominant note.

Verdict: This scent stays very close to the skin! I was looking forward to this scent because of the leather and vanilla notes. Leather can be iffy on me, and I have been wanting a leather and vanilla scent to pair with Mikado Saloon hair gloss. This will certainly go well with that hair gloss, but I'm not in love with it like I'm in love with Mikado Saloon. Edited by dementia_divine

Leather is so iffy on me, but usually I can do black leather, so I took a risk and had my fairy nab me two bottles of this, based on that blackened vanilla, which I adore.

Wet: This is a lot of leather on me. It's not unpleasant, but it's not the familiar black leather note I was expecting, the one I love in Whip. It's at least not doing that gross chemically thing on me, which is great. It's quite nice, but not AMAZING on me, like I expected it to be. I do think it will age incredibly well.

Dry: Wow. It's not terribly strong, it stays close to the skin, but the dry down of that vanilla and hints of blonde tobacco.....just wow. Beautiful. It takes it a long time to get there though. I am not sure I will need to keep both bottles, but I have high hopes for aging one of them, for sure.

In the bottle: Mostly leather, maybe getting some copal, too. The leather is definitely light and 'gleaming'. There is a little smokiness.

On wet: Similar to in the bottle only stronger. The leather definitely smells fresh, but not in a chemical sort of way. Just like new, fresh leather. There is also a distinct sweetness from the resin in this stage. The scent gets a little smokier as it dries.

Dry: The leather and copal fade back. The tobacco comes out, it's quite light and very dry to me. The smoked vanilla sweetens the blend beautifully. This stage is beautiful, though it is much lighter than I had expected but it does linger persistently. Really happy I have a bottle!

(A million thanks to my fairy for getting this to me!)

I am not getting much tobacco from this, but that is all fine with me as I'm not huge on tobacco :)

It is a very soft and unobtrusive leather - not what I would associate with the lab's usual black leather note! - with a bit of sweetness from the copal and vanilla. I would categorize it as unisex, leaning on masculine, but the right woman could pull it off as well.

Throw is medium, and it lasts a good amount of time on me.

*squints* Banshee Beat, is that you?

So the smoked vanilla is very present, which reminds me to the vanilla in Banshee Beat (because leather is also such a fierce and powerful note, the same that patchouli is and it plays the same role here as the patch in Banshee Beat to me). Whiffs of copal and a small drop of tobacco. The leather, however, is the same gorgeous feminine leather note that you find in Kunoichi.

To me this is a bastard baby of Banshee Beat and Kunoichi, with more smoke and rolling about in tobacco, and none of the floral or hemp notes. Unisex. Great throw and wear length. Honestly, the standout SDCC blend for me.

Oh, wow. This guy - and he is definitely a guy - does not just talk the talk when it comes to his disrespect. He struts the walk. He's a big Sex Pistols fan - hell, he might BE a Sex Pistol. He smells like the freshest, most golden tobacco, as though he rolls his own cigarettes from really high grade tobacco that is his only fancy indulgence. Well, that and the extremely high quality black leather jacket, which is broken and beaten from constant wear, but still retains its natural smell. I don't really get any vanilla in its own right, but the tobacco smells sweet.
I recommend this for rock stars, Johnny Depp, and fans of Ruddy Daggerwing, tobacco single notes, and masculine scents.

This is my favorite SDCC scent! (Thanks to my sweet fairy!!❤️)

The leather note in this is feminine and golden. A juicy, gleaming aura surrounds this blend. I don't find it masculine at all. As it dries down, I get these delicious whiffs of smoky vanilla, weaving it's way through golden strands of butter soft leather. It's just gorgeous! It's so beautiful now, but I'm curious to see how it'll smell with a little aging,

This oil definitely smells like its name to me! :)

In the bottle, it's an almost juicy sweet vanilla, with a hint of smoke and light bourbon.

As it dries, I get a feeling almost like a vanilla bourbon was left forgotten, until the alcohol evaporated and just a sticky-sweet residue remains.

As it continues to dry, the tobacco gets stronger, and there's a note that is almost hay-like, fresh, yet dry.

For some reason I can't figure, I can't seem to smell the leather much though.

Seems to have a low throw, and is rather mild all things considered.

After having it on for a little over two hours, all but a very light remnant remains. It is still very nice; fresh and dry with a hint of sweetness, but it's just very, very faint.

I still like it very much though! I can't wait to see how it ages!

Right after applying the only I smell is tobacco, and leather. A bit like someone smoking in a leather jacket. I get a very faint hint of copal, something resinous, and the hint of sweetness. Its very soft and understated to me. I love it and cant wait to see how it ages

Very nice. I get a soft, supple leather blending with a light, dry pipe tobacco. There's a slight tang of copal in the background, but I don't really get any vanilla. The fragrance is subtle on me and hugs the skin like kid leather. It has a similar feel to me as Perversion, though it actually smells pretty different.

smokey heavy almost clove-like. Settles to almost sweet (copal?) reddish and maybe vanilla over hints of leather, my skin eats it so it doesn't last long.

Disrespect for Established Authority is actually pretty straitlaced on me. Light leather, pale tobacco, a little smoky, a little sweet, though I'm not really getting a lot of vanilla. It wears very close to the skin -- and is very pleasant, don't get me wrong -- but it doesn't last long on me at all.

This is definitely leather + copal forward on me. There's a very definite smokiness, though not a tobacco smokiness, so I'm assuming it's the copal, and the intersection of the leather + copal is giving me big Dee vibes. There's a tiny bit of vanilla to keep it from being a Weird Smoke scent.

The first thing that comes to mind when I smell this is: blacksmith. This smells just like the smithies at Williamsburg, without all the sweaty humans of course. Something about it just makes me think hot metal.

Overall, this is super nostalgic and a definite boy smell. New favorite.