Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sun-warmed dirt and wildflowers, a whiff of the lavender Lilith loves to use in her hair, and the green leaves of summer just turning to autumn's russet and brown.

Wet: Fresh Lavender and green leaves. Fresh green leaves that you would find a child rolling in a pile.

Dry: Lavender and green leaves. It's uncanny how realistic this is. Puddin and Beth: thank you for sharing your memories of Lilith with us through scent. This is beautiful. :wub2:

This is so beautiful! I'm reminded of the wildflowers in Papow! but in Catch Me, Dad, the wildflowers are softer and more muted (perhaps with the addition of lavender?) and the flowers are suspended in that beautiful sense of atmosphere/space that I find in my favorite BPAL/BPTP blends. This is definitely an outdoors, late summer scent. It's warm, slightly sweet, somewhat earthy, somewhat floral and completely happy making. DH swooned a bit and thought it was one of my "fancy French perfumes." Masterfully done. I love it.

Edited by ayelienne

In the bottle it's a very soft ans sweet lavender with some hints of grass and warm sun.

On my skin the lavender is in the background and the wildflowers are on full display. Warm, summery and soft flowers with hints of grass. Beautiful.

10 minutes later and it's baby powder on me .... boo stupid skin :(

Edited by Lilly

Oh, I like this so much! Wet on my skin, I got the impression of a good quality men's cologne on a cool day outdoors. I assume my nose was interpreting the lavender and leaves in this way. As it dried, the scent changed to a more feminine, soft lavender mixed faintly with other florals, again with the impression of being outdoors on a cool day but also, amazingly, including the sensation of a breeze. Is it possible to capture "running" in a scent? I think it's been done here! This oil is also a gorgeous, bright orange-red color.

Edited by kscha2017

Adore this!

When it first hit my skin the lavender was so strong it was almost stifling, and I love lavender. So I was very worried that it wouldn't change much but to my surprise it changed a ton and when it started drying I caught a faint whiff of dirt and other wildflowers that went almost sugary.

When it fully dried it was the most lovely combination of soft lavender, wildflowers and a tiny hint of woods. It is comforting, cute and cheerful. Perfect for Summer

Edited by Haltija

catch me, dad is a beautiful herbal floral that feel like a classic perfume.

much like goofballs and flying kites, there's note of the outdoors in sunshine that I love also present.

:heart: for an elegant and playful scent where lavender is featured as a beautiful bloom in a perfume that isn't for sleep.

Lavender mixed with fresh leaves and autumn leaves. This one is a breezy, outdoorsy lavender when the sun is warm without baking, and the air just has enough chill in it to be refreshing. This one, as opposed to Once Upon a Time, remind me to A Moment In Time in vibe as it really does seem to encapsulate and invoke being outside, running.

Lavender, leaves, outside.

In bottle: Lavender dominant with strong Autumn leaves accord. there is either mint or penny royal in there somewhere, I am guessing, likely as part of the accord. The result is too strong for me, so no skin test.

In my mind, knowing what notes I amp, this was going to be dirt and lavender. Which I was totally fine with, as I planned to wear it to bed, and dirt and lavender are two of my fave bedtime scents.

But this is just so much more than I ever could have imagined. There's such feeling that accompanies this scent. It's a scent warmed by the sun. It evokes the sounds of a child's laughter (possibly due to the lovely label photo as well) and I honestly can feel the love in this blend. I can't identify the wildflowers, and I don't care. They're beautiful. The grass comes through as well, and it morphs over time. It's freshly cut when the oil is wet, and then as it dries, it's almost as if the grass dries with it. Something sweet emerges over time. The lavender is always in the background, as if there's just a faint whiff of it on the wind. There's an earthiness as well, but not an overwhelming dirt or leaves smell. This is absolutely beautiful and almost makes me cry happy tears, I think as a result of reading Puddin's write up that accompanied the scent.

The whole Fatherhood line (the parts that I have) is amazing beyond all expectations. This scent is no exception, and I will treasure it. :wub2:

This is stunningly beautiful. Part of the wildflower mix that sticks out to me is a mum/marigold kind of thing, maybe from the leaves. The closest comparison I can make to La Calavera Catrina from the Weenies a few years ago. Catch Me is like Catrina's little sister, the same floral heart but a little softer (I get a tiny bit of powder), innocent and playful.

Edited by skyelyric

In the decant: Lavender and the scent of green leaves that are starting to turn.

Wet: This is lavender and leaf dominant, but I'm getting the wildflowers as well.

Dry: This is still lavender dominant, with the leaves still being rather strong as well. Sometimes I get more lavender and wildflowers from this, and sometimes I get more lavender and leaves when I smell my wrist. Usually, it's the latter, though. I'm not getting any of the sun-warmed dirt on my skin.

Verdict: I like the lavender, but I wish the leaf note weren't as strong. I think I'll hang onto my decant, but I'll pass on a full bottle of this one.

I got a decant of this, and then I missed the deadline for buying a bottle, and I wish I would have because this is a top summer scent for me. The dirt, sun, wildflowers - all swirling in lavender. It's such a beautiful scent, and the first one that really turned me on to dirt and earth smells.

This is a really beautiful perfume, and such a sweet concept. The lavender is soft, creamy and herbal, mixed with sappy green leaf and a bit of a crunchy, earthy, dead leaf smell. Cool (like a chilly breeze) and outdoorsy.

How beautiful this is! The lavender is prominent, like I had hoped and I smell a bit of musk underneath and only a touch of leaves with some sweet florals. I am so glad I was able to buy a bottle on etsy...this is a special perfume!

ETA this oil is a semi dark reddish brown! Quite unexpected!

Edited by Herb Girl

I thought the scent notes on this one sounded so nice--lavender, warm earth, and leaves--so I tracked down a decant to try.

First Sniff Impression: Hmm, not much there?

Wet in Vial: Sort of an herbal cologne.

Drying Down on Skin: Oh green leaves, definitely, right off the bat. It does smell like a later summer day, with a bit of the bitterness of the herbal lavender. I'm not getting dirt at all yet.

Dry on Skin: The dirt did come out a tiny bit eventually. It's most prominent a few hours later, with a bit of light floral that remains. However, for having a fairly strong throw when first applied, the scent was almost all gone three hours later.

Conclusion: There was nothing wrong with this scent, but it didn't feel very memorable. I would've liked Lilith's lavender to be a lot stronger. It felt like a kind of muddles summer, earthy scent without a strong opinion. The most interesting part was the summer leaves right in the beginning.

Sweet floral dirt. Not sure how else to describe it haha. The lavender is the strongest of the florals and almost overshadows the dirt note. This reminds me of Zombi but lavender and other florals instead of rose. Not getting any green leaves scents, just floraly dirt on me. 

Not too bad! Don't think I'll upgrade because I'm picky with dirt notes.