Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pop

While in London this year, Lilith learned how to blow bubbles with her bubblegum. It may not sound like a big deal, but I really do think that blowing bubbles is one of childhood’s great milestones. It’s a momentous occasion to a 6-year old, and is certainly deserving of commemoration!

This is the scent of the bubbles that she popped all over the city: strawberry bubblegum against a backdrop of chilly wind.

This is similar to Jailbait and 'Lilith's Bubblegum and Roses' but has a much more fruit-forward tone to it. Definitely the top impressions are a wet, juicy, genuine Bazooka Joe like bubblegum. I think there's maybe a touch of a strawberry feel to it but I mostly get the uber-pink type, and I'm not getting much of the fleshy drydown in things like Strawberry Moon(s) of past. This has a little less spice to it but it still has the traditional bubblegum/tutti-frutti mild cinnamon vibe, but I don't think it's true cinnamon. Not getting burning.

I'm really looking for wind or ozone, but I'm not finding it very prominent in Pop!. This is a magnificent candy/gum scent, and I love the picture (I wonder who the lady next to Lil is... she has been immortalized onto perfume!). I'll be satisfied with my stash of Lilith's Bubblegum and Roses, but this is also a charming alternative.

This is really fun!

In bottle (decant): Hubba Bubba bubblegum

Wet on skin: Slightly spicy bubblegum with a hint of fruit and mint or something like it. It even feels menthol cool on my skin.

Dry on skin: The strawberry comes to the fore but mostly the same. There is still something slightly spicy here to me? Cinnamon or cassia? Maybe it's just a cognitive trick because I used to chew so much cinnamon gum as a kid. But overall this is a spot on match to the description: strawberry bubblegum with a hint of something cool underneath.

I wasn't expecting to like this, but it seemed like such a strange combination that I had to try it. I really enjoy it but I don't think I'll end up wearing this one too often. Still, it has such a great energy that I'll definitely come back to it for festivity on occasion.

True bubblegum, with all its plastic, sweet and pink nuances. That sharp, realistic, plastic facet dominates first and lasts a good long time. The gum keeps its flavor and the sweet and airy notes come out more later. It's slightly fruity, but only in the way that bubblegum is fruity -- most unnatural, but totally evocative.

Old fashioned pink bubblegum with a bit of spice. I agree with many of those above in that it almost feels like this is cinnamon bubblegum. Like taking a piece of Big Red and stuffing it into your mouth with a piece of Bazooka. Surprising but not as off-putting as you might think. Unfortunately, I'm not detecting any ozone, cold, or rain which is what primarily interested me in this scent. I'll be holding onto it for now to see if I change my mind but as of now it's not something I think I'll be reaching for often.

But if you're a fan of smelling like gum, this is your scent.

This smells incredibly accurately like pink strawberry bubblegum. It does have a bit of a spicy undertone. I do not smell anything like ozone, which is good because generally it goes straight dryer sheets on me.

If you want to smell like bubblegum, this is terrifyingly accurate. I do not want to smell like bubblegum.

Probably one of the most accurate bubblegum scents I own, even more so than Courtney and many others.

Little bit of spicy pink bubblegum and definitely along the lines of a more "adult" type gum scent. I really like it and there is 0 ozone present which is good for me. Another one that isn't quite bottle worthy but I will surely enjoy the decant while I have it. It's fun and cute.

Pink strawberry bubblegum and a touch of spice. I'm not for candy or sweet scents and BPAL strawberry note rarely works for me, and yet... there is part of me that is very drawn to this blend.

UGH, this is seriously good.

MMmmm in the bottle it's pure strawberry bubblegum. On my skin it's strawberry bubblegum with a hint of coolness. It's warm, sweet, spicy and icy at the same time ... it's gorgeous and has a hint of sophistication. Love love.

An hour later the throw is still there and it's dried down beautifully. Still very strawberry bubblegum-ey but with an added creamy fizziness!!

Edited by Lilly

This one is uber fresh Bazooka Joe bubble gum, or those small individually wrapped bubble gum, right down to the powdery coating. Not something I'd wear, but it sure brings back memories. I bet the young girls and lovers of candy scents will be all over this one.

A lot of slightly plasticky, but actually quite nice bubble gum - and there really is something "chilly" in the background, and I have no idea how Beth does this, but there you have it :)

It feels like a scent that little girls would love, but I feel like it is too girlish for my tastes. I might hold onto the decant, though, because it is a fun scent after all :)

Pure, unadulterated bubblegum.

There is something very refreshing, almost a subtle mintyness, that comes through in the drydown -- I guess that's the "chilly wind".

I can't see myself wearing this one all that much, as it's a very specific, kind of juvenile scent, but it's pretty much exactly as advertised so I can't complain!

This oddly smells like the pink pepper note does on my skin - pink bubblegum, cinnamon potpourri and a weird, fruity candy scent. I don't get ozone and the fruitiness is just a sweet, nondescript candy more than strawberry to my nose. Very sweet and pink.

I loooove the bubblegum note I've tried from BPAL so far (Courtney and Jailbait), and this is no exception! This is basically a combination of strawberry and cinnamon bubble gum on me. Slight mint note as well, but on me the bubblegum notes overpowers it considerably. With more drying, the strawberry note gets covered up and it's now a cinnamon bubblegum scent! 

I don't know if cinnamon is a true note in here, that's just what this smells like to me. But I'd still advise caution to anyone who has a sensitivity to it and is interested in this perfume. It could just be my body chemistry morphing some other note or whatever.

I already have bottles of Courtney and Jailbait, do I really need a third bubblegum scent in a big bottle? Yes.