Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Muse

A light, invigorating floral and citrus blend. Tuberose, lotus and jasmine with a hint of lime.

Wet: Definitely floral. Jasmine comes out first, but there is definitely more to it.
Dry: Tuberose, mostly. Hint of jasmine and something sweeter underneath. No sign of the lime
Final: Very tropical and lush. Tuberose always takes me back to Hawaii, which is nice. Whenever I get a waft of this it takes me to a happy, relaxing place.

Muse was a lab freebie for me (&thank you!!) which actually came with an order of imps I had bought solely for a friend. So, yay, bonus for me!

My first impression of this one, without being able to read up on the description or any of the reviews before trying it, was that it was sweet & herbally. On my skin, it morphed into a soft, sweet, almost powdery floral. It really is an extremely sweet & lovely scent (clearly, as I cannot stop calling it "sweet!"), and a perfect namesake. :)

This imp is a keeper.

I swiped this on thinking nothing good could come of a blend containing both jasmine and lotus.

POW! It's Jasmine alright. No doubt about that. And she has brought her girls Tuberose and Lotus along for the ride. This is Floral with a capital 'F'.

Just as well Lime is riding in the backseat keeping the girls under control, and being the voice of reason. I didn't see much of Lime but I knew she was there stamping on the Woo-down pedal when needed. And I think she might have been preventing Lotus popping her bubblegum out the car window.

An hour later Jasmine is still driving but it's a much more elegant entourage now. Muse won't be more than an imp for me, but as long as they are on their best behaviour the girls can stay.

The lime is most obvious straight off, but the florals soften it into something else. Sharp-sweet, with a tang. The lime fades, giving rise to the 3 florals, which I knew from past experience all love my chemistry without becoming cloying or old-ladyish. White flowers, lunar and water flowers, all work well on me, unlike roses and other more assertive ones. The combination resembles Avon's Hawaiian White Ginger quite a bit, but better. This one's a keeper.

Lime. Limety-lime-lime. I like lime in my margiritas, but not in perfume. :P

I keep trying these tuberose blend for that creamy white floral, but I am learning it is gardenia that is my flower. I don't know if it is the jasmine with the lime, but this is sour...a really sour floral.

Not for me.

Bottle: Lime, and a sharp lime like sour candies or the pith of the rind. No real hint of the floral except for a hovering sweetness.

Wet: White flowers, esp the lotus.

Dry: lime retreats to support the white flowers quietly - I have to strain to catch it, but it's not gone completely. more of the jasmine, but not overpoweringly so (jasmine is not one of my faves - too much and I get headaches, and it's darn sweet and swishy to me) , and hints of the tuberose I think (I don't know what that smells like, but it's gotta be what I'm getting hints of here), which is creamier and balances the headiness some.

Later: More of the jasmine, now, and I can't find the lime at all. I am surprised at my non-aversion to the immediate lime, and I'll have to remember that - it both cuts and supports white flowers, making them a lot more wearable for me - no insta-headache from the cloying. Very light, pretty, floral - very pretty. I'd be totally down with it had there been a darker note somewhere, and maybe this would work well layered over a darker, spicy blend...but I'm just not sure how it's working on me by its lonesome. Subtle, delicate..and floral but not so heady or deep to become elegant, per se, it's got presence without having Presence (which is something I have a hard time with, florals that take over and strangle with their opulence). I like it, but it pushes my envelope - it's a clear floral that smells young and fresh, and I'm neither..so I'm undecided on this one. Maybe I'm just a head case.

In the imp: hmm, cloying florals and citrus.

On me, wet: wurgh, those are some nasty cloying, thick, generic-perfume florals. the lime is just stopping it from being really overpoweringly nasty.

On me, dry: baby powder! there's some florals and lime behind it, but the jasmine has gobbled it all up in an unstoppable jasmine-powder explosion.

Verdict: Somehow I can't help it - I can't just let an untried frimp go past without trying it. Now I've confirmed what I already knew - jasmine makes anything smell like baby powder on me. At least now I can swap this away with a clear conscience.

In the bottle: Whew. Lime and lotus. That's all I'm getting... I can't sniff this for too long though. It makes my eyes water. :P

On my skin: Wet, very bitter and not good at all. Dry, there's a whole lot of lotus to this, with just a bit of jasmine and lime underneath. After a little while, everything but the lotus fades away.

Final Thoughts: Kinda pretty, a little on the sour side though and not one I'd wear. Even on my arm it makes my eyes water.

The lime pops out first with this scent, the tart coolness of lime sherbet. It's quickly washed by sweet lotus, but never overpowered by it. As it dries, I catch hints of the jasmine, but I don't think I get any tuberose.

This is a fascinating blend--it never quite balances on me, but instead teeters back and forth between the lime and the white florals.

Hello all from a new reviewer :P

I'm not ordinarily a fan of jasmine but this one's just gorgeous!

In the bottle - A distinct zing of citrus gives real body to the predominant scent of jasmine. It's multilayered without being too complex.

Wet on the skin - The tuberose starts to emerge but again it's given a sharper and cleaner edge by the lime.

Dry down - A new floral note emerges which I presume can only be the lotus. It's a unique and indefinable soft waft of scent, something evocative and faintly ghostly. Like the moment when the muse departs her worshipper, leaving behind the work of art or academic piece she has inspired.

This is all jasmine. Granted, there is something a bit fruitier about it, and I'm guessing that's the lime. But it's jasmine. Jasmine jasmine jasmine. Woof.

Muse is very unique- I don't know if I've ever smelled a floral mixed with lime. It's very fresh and clean- a good springtime scent.

Anything with lime is a marvelous thing in my book, so I was very happy when I got this as a frimp. It's one that I get a lot of change in, from imp to wet on skin to dry.

In the imp, I get lime. Lots and lots of lime. Not quite limeade-lime or margarita-lime, but a sweet, less tart sort of lime.

Wet on my skin, I get jasmine. Jasmine, jasmine, jasmine. It's enough to send me reeling, as jasmine and I don't get along very well. Jasmine is an overachiever.

As it dries, the jasmine burns out a bit, and suddenly lotus and tuberose are there - with lime. Lime is the ballsy one of the bunch, dragging the others forward and showing them how to have a good time. It stays sweetly floral with that hint of citrus tang after that, with great throw and a long life.

When I first tried this, the notes I made to myself were that this is like a heavier type of linen scent. Trying it again, I still get that impression; it's a linen scent for people who think linen scents are too soft. This is what happens when a linen scent starts dancing on the bar.

I'm not quite sure why I hadn't picked up a 5ml of this yet, but it's on the list for my next order, because - whoo, lime!

The initial stages of Muse are really nice. Tuberose is one of my favorite flowers as is Jasmine. The lime adds a nice freshness to it. I was loving this until the drydown when it went *all* Lotus on me. And I really am not a big fan of Lotus. Ah well, it was nice to be able to try it!

bottle:

jasmine and bit of citrus/lime

wet:

almost all jasmine

dry:

pretty strong floral - the lime is nice, but it's still too heady of a floral for me

overall:

nice but too floral for me

rating: 5/10

Muse is just lovely!

Floral as well as fruity (lime).

I love the hypnotic combination of tuberose, lotus and jasmine with a whisper of lime.

This is the closest (to my nose) to the long gone Yuki Onna.

Definitely a keeper!

:P

The lotus makes the beginning stages very bubblegummy. As it dries, the lime comes out and tarts it up a bit. I'm enjoying wearing such a floral scent, though I'm not sure how often I'll wear it. The jasmine/lotus/fruit combo reminds me of the lovely Mi-Go, which I have a bottle of... I'll have to ponder, but I may pass this one on for others to try.

initial sniff from the imp: ugh! unbrushed teeth and bad BO.

(that's the Jasmine shoving herself in my face and stepping on my feet)

i try putting it on (i know better) and in less than five minutes i'm scrubbing at my hands with raw sugar & olive oil to try and slough off the ick.

i never got any lime, but jasmine and i are bitter enemies. i may be bigger, but she's stronger.

This is a very feminine floral scent, rich mature floral, just a touch sweet. It's not young and fresh. Nice, but can get a bit strong.

In the bottle: lime and florals, indistinct for now.

Wet: lovely lime, followed by the dreaded lotus' bubblegum and a bit of jasmine.

Drydown: It dries down to fresh lime, jasmine and lotus hovering in the background. I think I also recognise the rather acidic smell of tuberose. Everything blends together very well and some notes come to the front more than others. Finally the lotus seems to dominate through slightly dusty jasmine.

Overall: It's a rather fresh, bright blend, it makes me think of tones of bright green, yellow and white. It's quite an acidic blend at first, which is better than getting pure bubblegum lotus. Good if you like florals, better if you can take both jasmine and lotus. It's not something I would wear again, but it's a pretty blend.

In the bottle: Sweet & tangy. Curls of lime zest waft to the top. There's something soft & floral underneath, but the lime is putting it on the backburner.

Wet: Fresh squeezed lime & jasmine. This is an unusual combo. I am loving it though.

Dry down: Jasmine seems to be taking center stage with the soft powdery petals of lotus whispering in the background. The lime is still quite evident, but has mellowed quite a bit.

30 minutes: This is lovely. Over time it has just gotten more complex. The sweetness of jasmine is tempered by the tartness of the lime. Every so often the powdery smell of lotus sneaks up, but it's not overpowering at all.

Conclusion: This is soft & feminine. Anyone who is leary of white florals ought to give it a try, because it's definately much different than any other white floral fragrance I've ever smelled. It's still going strong on me & smells very lovely. Something I will be wearing this summer often.

Rating 1-5 on my skin, this is a 5.

Muse - When first applied to my skin, this blend has the stench of unadulterated cat pee. However, once it dries down, it becomes a really pretty floral with the slightest touch of bright citrus, and I can hardly believe that I like a scent with jasmine in it this much. There are few jasmines I can get away with wearing and even fewer that I actually like. Muse is definitely a strong floral, and a little goes a long way. Despite it’s great throw, it doesn’t last very long, and it’s entirely gone after about 90 minutes. But this one’s worth reapplying if necessary.

A *hint* of lime the description says? Yeah right!! I feel like I just fell into a vat of margaritas! After the initial drydown it settles more into the jasmine which is so deliciously beautiful. < dreamy sigh > I shall be buying a bottle of this one. Jasmine is usually a keeper with me.

In the bottle: Heavy sweet florals

Wet: My first impression was of honeysuckles. Very floral smell with a thick sweetness about it.

~30 minutes: Jasmine has come to the forefront, and there is a lot of it. Still some sweetness, but no lime at all

If I was still a little girl, this would be *the* scent for me as I used to just love heavy florals. But alas I can't stand them now, so this is not for me. I never got any lime out of this, just the florals.

Bottle: I swear I smell gardenia, must be the lotus

Wet: tuberose and jasmine are doing their soapy thing, but only a tiny bit, never getting into full blown soap, I don't smell the lime at all, on me this is all floral but a nice clean one, not old lady, not too cloying

Dry: the lotus balances the floral with a round, comforting sweetness, not too sweet

This blend is really clean and refreshing, a freshly showered kind of smell, good for summer. I feel like this blend would make an awesome soap or body wash.

It's interesting to me that this is in Love Potions as this doesn't seem like a particularly romantic blend, unless you're looking for something squeaky clean or find inspiration in your bath ~_^

eta: as this has dried, it reminds me exactly of Lush's Hot Milk Bubble Bar. Yum!

Edited by Sonnett