Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

The Dormouse

A dizzying eddy of four teas brushed with light herbs and a breath of peony.

In the imp: YOWZA! Strong florals and faint green tea

Wet on skin: The tea is a bit stronger and still very green.

Dry on skin: Finally, the tea and florals are balanced. This smells quite a bit like Dirty on my skin--very light, green and vaguely citrusy. Maybe the tea has lemon in it. In any case, it's nice enough on me but I won't need a bottle.

for some reason the dormouse and i just did not get along.

when i sniffed this in the imp, it was great. clean tea. but for some reason, on my skin, it smelled like sour mix. sugary, lemony and cloying.

i gave my imp to a friend and she loves it and claims that it smells "green and fresh" on her.

The description sounded so good but The Dormouse is not working on me. I've tried it twice and the teas never came out. I just get green soap from beginning to end.

I think I'll need to pass along the imp and hope it finds a home with someone whose chemistry is friendlier.

Inside the imp, floral and very light herbs.

On my skin, peonies at first overpower everything else. Tea notes quickly emerge.

This dries down to a very light floral & tea scent on my skin.

My husband walked by me while I was wearing this and said "Huh, something smells like tea and outside. Like a garden tea party!", at which I cracked up because that is The Dormouse exactly!

The teas are very much at the forefront of this scent. It's a little nose clearing and sharp at first. As the blend dries, the herbs and peony come out, bringing a distinct "outdoor garden" kind of feel to this. Very light and inoffensive, but a little mild for my tastes.

Very nice. I put this on directly after a shower and thought it smelled like a freshly washed gentlewoman. (I smelled the back of my hand, where there wasn't any oil, and I didn't smell it.) It stays close to the skin. I love it. Not offensive at all. Clean and soft.

Got this for a friend and couldn't help but have a little sniff. Absolutely lovely! Light, understated and sweet, but not cloyingly sweet. On wet, the peony note is strongest, but as it dries, the scent becomes stronger as the tea notes come out. It also smells very clean. Can't wait to send her this :)

I got this as a frimp so am intrigued by it! In the imp it smells fresh and sweet I'm assuming that's the peony. Not sure if this will work on me when dry, I have a tendancy to turn florals into soap. When on I can still smell the peony, it smells really nice, fresh and happy! I might be smelling tea, but I don't drink tea so I couldn't really say. This reminds me of something but I don't know what, maybe a room spray I once had. Once dry it has toned down a bit, but I can't smell soap, not a hint, yay! This is a really lovely scent but would probably be better suited to the warmer months, so I will hold off ordering a bottle for another 6 months. I'm glad I got to try this!

[EDIT] Unfortuantely this only lasted 10 minutes on my skin then completely dissappeared :(

Edited by puddingirl

Love Love LOVE this scent!!!!

In the IMP it is overwlmingly tea like with sharp citrus undertones.

On me it just smells gorgeous.

At first it reminded me slightly of Shanghai but the more I smell my wrists the more it doesn't. It has a lovely sweet smell.

For me the tea notes fade to the background. *sigh* this will have to be bought in bottle form sometime.

Based on the discription I didn't know if this would be my cup of tea :lol: but I am very happy to say it is! Very fresh,crisp, clean scent. Reminds me for some reason of the air coming off the ocean...strange huh? Just smells really soft and beautiful. I def. catch some of the green tea in it. I adore this scent. I got it as an extra in a sale from a lovely lady and I'm really glad she sent it. The only downfall with this one is it doesn't last that long. It seems if I get the old on some part of my clothing, like a shirt sleeve, it last really well but not on the skin. Oh well, I still want a whole bottle of this, it is lovely!

In the imp: Light floral with a tiny bit of tea.

Wet: Still- Floral with a slight hint of tea.

Drydown: Its kinda hard to smell. It is there, but its so delicate that it comes in wisps. Definately Peony. It's nice and delicate and would be perfect for springtime. Not a lot of throw so I may need to slather it on a bit more next time. I'll keep the imp and see how it ages.

Ooh wait, now it's been left for a bit I can definately smell tea and the scent has got stronger. I do like it.

At the minute it's a 3.75 out of 5. A like, not Love. ;)

In the imp: Tea and FLOWERS.

Wet: Flowers and green tea.

Dry: Flowers, but slightly herbal.

A while later: Tea and herbs, with a dusting of flowers. Not as sleepy as I would imagine the dormouse to be, but definitely gentle enough.

I found this to be a very fresh, crisp, light, subtle scent - perfect for work, especially in the spring or summer! Unlike the other BPAL scents I've tried so far, The Dormouse on my skin (both wet and dry) was very true to the scent in the imp: tea and peony. It lasted for four hours or so but didn't have much throw, which I would say is the only drawback. All in all, a very simple and clean scent. Definitely consider buying a bottle!

In imp: light tea

Wet: very light, tea with peony

Drydown: My skin completely ate this. No trace of it at all after 15 minutes. It’s too bad, as I tend to enjoy tea scents. Trade pile.

Wet I get straight up tea. On drydown the tea is still the mail note, but I do get a heavy floral background. After awhile on the skin, the tea goes bye bye. Come back!

In the bottle, Dormouse smells just like sugary black tea with lemon, to me. Upon application, it smells exactly the same for the first few minutes, then I start to get a whiff of the peony. Mostly, though, it's tea and lemon. Surprisingly fresh and clean; I really like it. I think a 5ml bottle of this may be in order. It's lovely and sort of makes me feel energized (the scent of tea will do that to me).

Oddly enough, I don't get a whole ton of tea from this.

Imp: Peony! Oh, a gorgeous peony at that. So fresh and dewy smelling!

On, wet: Okay, yeah, there's tea with the peony too.

Drydown: Herbs come out more (not sure what kind, but they're herbal smelling). Peony unfortunately backs off and we're left with very herbal tea with whisps of peony. Pretty much as described, but I miss the peony.

Overall: Very springish and likeable. I'll get another imp, but probably wouldn't use up a bottle.

Inside the bottle: citrus/faint tea

On me, wet: oh my more citrus with a little more tea

On me, drying: lots of peony with a faint tea undertone

Verdict: The floral is very pretty and I really like this one. Adding to the list of bottles to order.

I was pretty sure that the light scent that everyone described would quickly disappear and leave no trace. But I was pleasantly surprised. :)

Tea scents aren't my cup of tea (no pun intended :P ). Although I love drinking tea, many kinds of it, I was never particularly fond of smelling like one. The Dormouse however is lovely and very wearable in the spring I'd say.

At first I can smell some citrus, sharp and bitter, probably bergamot while the tea notes are silent and almost unnoticeable. The first kick is definitely zesty and refreshing and I think my male half would like that as he loves yellow citrus scents in everything from shower gels to tarts.

The smell rather quickly softens into a gentle floral on my skin with the sharp notes being left far behind in the background. It really does evoke sitting outside on a lovely spring day in your garden, enjoying a cup of tea and all the glorious scents of spring that tickle your nostrils and make you feel happy to be alive.

Simply lovely. :wub:

Edit: I can't spell before I've had some coffee. :coffee:

Edited by Alara

In the imp: Strong peonie, strong citrus and a black tea note

Drying on my skin: Citrus ice tea!

Throw and staying power: Medium throw, about 6 hours

Colour impression: Soft orange

Verdict: Actually much stronger than I guessed. On my skin it morphed into the scent of the citrus ice tea we had very often at our garden partys when I was a child. This is *exactly* what it smells like to me! B)

I like it not so much as a perfume but I'll defintively keep it for the happy memories it evokes...

IMP: Flowery. Uhoh. I was hoping it'd be more tea.

On skin: Alright so it's not as flowery as it was from the imp. But unfortunately it smells soapy on me... like liquid hand washing soap.

Dry down: Urgh. I had to wash this off because it was giving me a big headache. Another Alice scent that sadly isn't for me. I really wanted this to work for me as I love tea. Ah well :(

I could sort of smell hints of black tea under the rest of the notes in The Dormouse while I was applying it. I can find it in the imp, too.

But on my skin, wet and dry, the most obvious note is a floral one. It's a sweet herbal floral: soapy at first, but in a lovely way, like the lingering scent after you've washed with a fancy soap. The soapiness quiets as it dries, leaving a sweet almost-soapy floral that I kind of love.

I have enough florals for now -- I don't wear them very often -- but next time I'm in the market for one, I'll be turning to this blend for sure.

Edited by karen

In the Bottle: Herbs and a faint, sweetish musk.

Wet on Skin: Clean, faint herbs. Lemon-ish scent.

On Drydown: The peony is starting to peak out, but I’m getting a pledge-like scent on me. Hopefully it’ll fade/change shortly. Slight scent of ‘green.’