Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pale lilacs, white tea, and candle wax.

The opening is a blend of lilac and almost lemony tea. As time goes on, the combo of lilacs and tea goes nearly bitter, but then they settle down into a sweet accord - I think there's something not on the component list. Vanilla? Not getting any noticeable candles - maybe they were there in support role in "bitter" middle part? Tea+lilac was an unexpected and lovely combination, but I wish their stage lasted longer.

Smells similar to the prototype imp that I got, which I thought was waxy lilies, lemons and powdery vanilla. I wish I had the two to compare now. This is still a waxy, sweet, vanillic floral with sweet, lemony edges. Maybe a little more fresh and bright, and slightly less waxy and sweet than the proto?

2017 Eusapia

I was hoping for more lilac, but it's coming out strongly lemon and tea scented. Which isn't bad, and there is some soft lilac beneath the sour notes! It's a nice delicate blend, but I'll have to keep searching for my perfect lilac.

2017 version

Lemony tea and lilacs for sure. I get oodles of tea and not a ton of lilac. It's delicate and beautiful. The lilacs actually smell very true to life, though they aren't the star here. They mostly breeze by just to remind you how beautiful they are. I can't wait for spring, because this is going to be absolutely perfect for it!

I love lilac and beeswax and generally can't wear white tea because it goes very sharp and soapy on me, so this was a gamble! At first, it's sort of a candied lilac scent to my nose, which is really lovely. Then the white tea amps up, and for a little while I thought it was going south...but now that it has dried down all the way, it's much less sharp than I was expecting. The lilac and the white tea blend so thoroughly I can't really distinguish them separately, and the beeswax grounds it a bit, perhaps keeping it from going full soap on my skin. Overall it's a scent I would wear lightly, because it's quite strong...but I'm pleased that it may work for me! It's really pretty and unique.

I have to admit, I didn't get much lilac from this, but a somewhat potpourri smell instead, maybe with some white tea. It does dry down to a sweet floral, but there's still not a whole lot of lilac. Will keep the imp, at any rate.

In Imp/wet - citrusy white tea and sweet lilac

Freshly Applied - sour/tangy/fresh white tea with a hint of lilac. I amp white tea to the skies and it always smells like citrus on me. This smells almost like something you'd drink, a citrus-y floral thing like very sharp lemonade with flower petals in it..

Ten-fifteen minutes in - sweet, floral lilac and sharp, citrusy white tea, with the tea note dominating. I can't really smell much candlewax, it's just sort of making the lilac sweeter.

Half-hour in - The white tea is still dominant, but a soft cloud of sweet lilac is easily detectable underneath. The throw has more lilac, and right next to my skin it's all white tea.

By the time I'm one-two hours in, Eusapia has become a well-blended sweet-sharp floral with a hint of candy-like creaminess from the beeswax. I don't know that I need a bottle, but I'll definitely keep my decant to wear this spring.

I've been wearing Eusapia (2014) quite a bit lately because the lilacs are in bloom, lilac is one of my favorite notes, and Eusapia is one of my two favorite lilac blends (Cave of Treasures being the other). The opening of Eusapia is seriously beautiful: realistic lilacs and bright lemony white tea and sweet beeswax. Some blends need time on the skin to develop their full potential, but Eusapia is gorgeous right out of the starting blocks. I'm halfway surprised I don't have bumblebees buzzing around my wrists, looking for nectar. My skin tends to drink up tea notes quickly, so the drydown on me is lilac and creamy beeswax, and it lasts a really long time. It's very pretty, very feminine, very spring-like, a guaranteed lifter of moods.

2017 version.

If ever there were a perfume that my skin betrayed me with, it is Eusapia. It opens with the most beautiful, pure lilac that is spot-on to the blooming bushes so prevalent around here in the spring. The white tea offers a burst of freshness to balance the floral sweetness, and the candle wax is just a faint, soft waxy base note anchoring it. It's perfect...

...except that it changes when dry. The candle wax reveals itself to have some sort of vanilla component, and an hour after applying that's all I can smell. Vanilla often does this to me, but usually it's more of a gradual shift from blend to single-note vanilla (Gobo is a great example of this, it takes me hours to realize the citrus is gone). The lilac and tea just can't stick around very long, I guess. And it breaks my heart because it started off so, so so so good. Keeping my decant for locket use for sure, if I can find a bottle at a time where I can afford it I'll be tempted to grab it so I can reapply as often as I want for that lilac goodness.

Wet: Wow this is beautiful - just like standing in the garden surrounded by lilacs in full bloom. Lilac is one of is not my favorite floral.

Dry. Sadly the freshness of the lilacs fades rather quickly and the wax note becomes stonger. but there's still some floral note left and I like it. Possible bottle.

2017 version.

This blend isn't especially complex, but I actually really like it.

The lilac is surprisingly bold. Sometimes lilac can just be a little soapy and sweet, kind of reads as an old lady floral. Here though it's really intense, almost fruity. Bright, bold purple.

I think the white tea adds to that boldness. It has a fresh, clean, borderline astringent quality. It's very prominent in this blend, and very much screams 'tea'.

The candle wax is a nice base for this. Smooth and creamy, a bit sweet. Really more prominent on wrist sniff than in the throw, but also definitely in the throw.

A slightly spicy(?) lilac with a milky tea softening this up. Simple yet so interesting!

Bright, crisp tea and lilacs to start out, but somehow that tea note turns real funky, so much that it was almost a scrubber. But I waited... 

Beautiful honeyed lilacs! Skin chemistry is such an interesting thing. Beeswax notes, of course, have varying degrees of honey aromas to them. I'm getting straight up honey in Eusapia, and it lingers for hours and hours. There are some big ol' bees on this lilac bush.

Eusapia is the Marilyn Munster of the "An Evening with the Spirits" line. Less haunting and more springlike, you wouldn't know she was part of the family if she wasn't already there.