Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Red_Hot_Mama

Job Interview Recommendations

Okay, I'm going to bump this thread and ask, any suggestions for an interview with a judge? (for an internship, not sentencing. ;)) I'm going to be very very cautious about wearing anything at all, since you're supposed to be uber-conservative when interviewing with judges, and I may end up just dabbing on the teeniest bit of TAL Charisma or Lionheart or the like for inspiration - but I just wondered if any scents - especially all the good light clean ones mentioned in this thread - leap to mind as especially judicial? :D

I'm slightly inclined to Wensleydale, because that has very little throw on me and what throw there is, smells like clean laundry - about as inoffensive as I can imagine. But I'd still love to hear suggestions!

(I'm also a good 10+ years older than the average applicant, I think, if that makes a difference - I don't think it will matter too much to a judge, so I'm not worried about looking too old/too young, but I'll throw it out there.)

If you're going to wear perfume go for something light and classic. I like Regan for interviews or when I'm wooing new clients. It's inoffensive and can be mistaken for a lotion rather than a perfume. A few other suggestions:

Psyche: It smells elegant, all the ingredients are ingredients in traditional perfumes and it projects an air of sophistication. It's also not a very strong blend (on my skin) so it's one of those things your interviewer might notice when you shake hands but it won't be lingering during the entire interview.

Sundew: If you're not a floral person I find this one is a good choice. I get a sort of sweet citrus/amber from this and it smells pleasant and warm.

Danube: Clean aquatic/floral.

Embalming Fluid: Light, fresh and clean. Might be a bit weird if s/he asks you what you're wearing.

Good luck with your interview! Whatever you wear I hope you ace it!

I've just actually spent this last week marshalling a high court judge. I only wore a little Antique Lace as it's light and clean and linen-y with a little bit of vanilla goodness. I've yet to try Wensleydale but that sounds like a good choice.

Good luck :)

You could try a little Blockbuster for good vibes for you. It doesn't have a lot of throw and it worked for me. I didn't think I had a chance or that I had done all that well in the interview but I blitzed the others apparently.

I was reading this thread, and it reminded me of this article I had found.

http://www.enotalone.com/article/19528.html

Just thought it might help anyone looking.

Thank you for posting that link! That's actually really helpful for me. I'm currently looking for a new job. I think White Rabbit will work well for me. As for non-BPAL, I might wear Laila :)

I second 51 and whoever recommends Sudha Segara.

51 because it's very fresh and light (I would've also recommended Neo-Tokyo had it still been in the catalogue - it's even nicer IMO), and smells very much like a department store perfume done right for a change.

Sudha Segara for being warm and gentle but still unique enough to be remembered by. However, if your skin amps milk notes or makes them go sour like crazy I'd go for 51 instead. SS is tea with ginger + lots of milk.

Pele works well, I think, because it's so light and inoffensive

Szepasszony is good if you're an aquatics person. Especially if the interview is in the summer.

Envy is great for herbal lovers. it's sweet, clean, unisex veering towards citrus. very much a "spa" scent.

I've worn Ozymandias on interviews. It is light on me with a decent throw (yet not overpowering.) Whenever I wear it at work I always get compliments. It does smell more "mainstream" to me. Commercial perfume, but GOOD.

I second 51 and whoever recommends Sudha Segara.

51 because it's very fresh and light (I would've also recommended Neo-Tokyo had it still been in the catalogue - it's even nicer IMO), and smells very much like a department store perfume done right for a change.

Sudha Segara for being warm and gentle but still unique enough to be remembered by. However, if your skin amps milk notes or makes them go sour like crazy I'd go for 51 instead. SS is tea with ginger + lots of milk.

Pele works well, I think, because it's so light and inoffensive

Szepasszony is good if you're an aquatics person. Especially if the interview is in the summer.

Envy is great for herbal lovers. it's sweet, clean, unisex veering towards citrus. very much a "spa" scent.

Bumping this because I have an interview tomorrow and no idea what to wear. I was leaning towards Mme Moriarty or Judith and Holofernes because they are among my favorites and make me feel very confident, but I'm worried because Moriarty especially has a lot of throw on me. I don't really have "light" or "clean" scents because I don't usually care for them- I like musky and foody blends but I don't want to jinx it. I've been looking for months and this is my first interview I've landed and I'm so nervous! Maybe just a little J+H in the hollow of my throat where it isn't noticeable? Bewitched is good on me too, might choose that, or Noche Buena. Anyway, suggestions welcome! The position is working in the financial aid office of a large public university verifying documentation.

Dragon's Milk: Warm, comforting and inviting.

GLowing Vulva: But what if she liked your scent and asked you what it was called?!? O_O

The Raven: This one is beautiful, soft and sophisticated.

Any time someone asks me what I'm wearing and I have Glowing Vulva on, I tell them it's called Ryogoku Bridge. I'm not lying, just choosing to use the second half of the name instead of the first!

I wore Wolf's Heart for the interview for my current job. It certainly helped me feel strong and confident and I needed it as I knew one of the panel wanted another candidate.

I don't wear any scent to interviews (I had 4 within the last month). Anything can tip the interview for or against your favor and the last thing I want is my choice in perfumes annoying someone who might have allergies.

dirty. you can't go wrong with a soft, clean fragrance. plus i find it very comforting and it tends to relax me, a perfect mindset for an interview.

I didn't have the ones recommended, so I went with a little TAL Energy oil at my throat, hair line and between the breasts. It was faint but there, just a hint of citrus, but you had to get really close to smell it, so I was pleased with it as a choice. I think the interview went really well!

I didn't have the ones recommended, so I went with a little TAL Energy oil at my throat, hair line and between the breasts. It was faint but there, just a hint of citrus, but you had to get really close to smell it, so I was pleased with it as a choice. I think the interview went really well!

Good luck with it!!

I don't know about job interviews, but I wore shanghai tunnel to my hearing and won. For things like bureaucracy I try to go with soft scents with few potential allergens and less aggressive throw.

When I was on the job hunt, I decided to use Block Buster before an interview

I brought my imp with me, intending to apply it in the car beforehand. I was so nervous I spilled on more than I intended. I tried to go into the building's restroom to try and wash some of it off beforehand, but you needed a doorcode! So I had to go into the interview slathered in it! Must have worked, 'cause I got the job.

HELP!

I'm so glad I found this thread. I have an interview tomorrow morning and I'm trying to figure out which BPAL would be best to wear. I've still got a limited collection, so I'm currently choosing between: Dorian, Lyonesse, Les Bijoux, Paris, Verdandi or Pele.

HELP!

I'm so glad I found this thread. I have an interview tomorrow morning and I'm trying to figure out which BPAL would be best to wear. I've still got a limited collection, so I'm currently choosing between: Dorian, Lyonesse, Les Bijoux, Paris, Verdandi or Pele.

I think that Dorian would be a good choice. I always get compliments on that scent and don't think that it's too sexy or outrageous for a job interview. It always strikes me as a pretty, cool, confident scent.

I wore Dorian because I figured it was a safe bet. Not sure if it helped my impression with them, we`ll see!

So y'all. I have this problem.

I like smelling like sexy scents with leather, musk, amber, myrrh, and cloves. I like smelling like dirt and stones and sea water.

None of these are appropriate for a entry level Tech support/IT/AV department job.

Help? All the scents I keep reaching for are all completely inappropriate for interviews (Loviatar, Infernal Lover, Pom III if I'm going for mild). Since I've never liked perfumes before BPAL, I don't really know what people generally find benign and pleasant that would also give the impression I know my way around a computer and am friendly and helpful.

TIA!!!!!!!

So y'all. I have this problem.

I like smelling like sexy scents with leather, musk, amber, myrrh, and cloves. I like smelling like dirt and stones and sea water.

None of these are appropriate for a entry level Tech support/IT/AV department job.

Help? All the scents I keep reaching for are all completely inappropriate for interviews (Loviatar, Infernal Lover, Pom III if I'm going for mild). Since I've never liked perfumes before BPAL, I don't really know what people generally find benign and pleasant that would also give the impression I know my way around a computer and am friendly and helpful.

Mr. Ibis (Papyrus, vanilla flower, Egyptian musk, African musk, aloe ferox, white sandalwood) is my go-to scent when I want something light and comfy that shouldn't offend anyone. The only negative reactions I've ever heard are that it is not heavy enough.

For a light leather/musk I like the combo of Neutral/Rogue (A flawless skin musk/Soft, well-worn black leather, hemp, and rosin) from the RPG line.

For a watery scent, R'Lyeh (A hellishly dark aquatic scent, evocative of fathomless oceanic deeps, the mysteries of madness buried under crushing black waters, and the brooding eternal evil that lies beneath the waves.) is my favorite for work. It's light and beachy on me.

I should mention that I work with computers (web development) and all of the above are scents I regularly wear to work.

ETA: Just wanted to add as a general note about interviews: Don't change yourself too much to what you think they want. Be yourself as much as possible. Like I said, I work in tech and personality is a big part of the hiring process. Be the best you, but be you.

Edited by Altaira

Know your way around a computer? Why, F5, of course! :lol:

All seriousness aside, personally I would probably wear something light. Light floral, light vanilla, "white" scents--anything as long as it's fairly unassuming and not in-your-face...although, well, some of my favorites kind of fall under that "category", so I find I'm not too hard-pressed finding something. Fresh scents would also probably work, white and green and clean as long as they are not "sharp".

I don't wear any scent to interviews (I had 4 within the last month). Anything can tip the interview for or against your favor and the last thing I want is my choice in perfumes annoying someone who might have allergies.

I agree with this. I once had a coworker tell me I smelled like pine sol when I wore something with vetiver in it. Her eyes were watering and everything ... she even said she didn't understand why people felt it necessary to smell like anything other than their own skin and even Tide laundry detergent was offensive. :eek: You just never know.

This sounds fun.

I haven't actually been OFFERED an interview yet ( :( ) but I'm trying to break into toy design/product design.

What do you think would be "GET THE JOB!" scents for that? :)