Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Wanderbyy

Single Note: Pile Of Fallen Leaves

Pile of Fallen Leaves

Tried it at the Dirty South Will Call yesterday. This was everything that I loved about Halloween: San Francisco. Wet, fresh, fall leaves. If I hadn't already had two bottle of the H:SF I would have snapped it up in a skinny minute.

This was way greener than I expected. It's not a brown pile of raked up leaves, but rather leaves that have been blown off a tree after a storm. Sappy, green and a little aquatic. Wanderbyy is right in her comparison with the leaves in H:SF. This is going to be an amazing layering scent, which is great because it means my dreams of an 'In the Leaf Pile' weenie run can be realized.

This is perfect...light, airy green and yellow leaves falling from the branches...no sap, no cologne, no musk.

Backup bottle needed!

Pile of Fallen Leaves is blowing my mind. It's one of those "HOW DOES BETH DO IT?" blends because I'll be damned if it doesn't smell like a pile of mixed leaves, some still greening but some red and orange and gold. It's quite refreshing.

This is the painfully-beautiful note that was in Death of Autumn, I feel certain. It's indeed a pile of wet, autumnal leaves. (At least when it's in the bottle as wet on skin.)

As it dries, the change is subtle, but distinct, and the Pile indeed dries up too, leaving the unmistakable fragrance of sweet, dry, crackly leaves.

I don't know that this is something I'd wear on it's own, but I can certainly see layering this with possibly something foodie, to give it a bit more grounding, like Cranberry Cider or perhaps even Eat Me or Crumpet Rebellion. Maybe it's pure madness to speak of such things, but I have a feeling that this is an avenue worth exploring.

Such an evocative scent - crisp, autumn leaves with cold air and a certain wet darkness. This is going to be so badass for layering and especially so with all the Halloweenie scents. I love this!

I bought this hoping for the note that was in The Death of Autumn, and it's definitely there, but, when amplified, it goes kind of ozony and men's cologne-y, at least on my skin. That's sad. I liked the earthiness of DoA and some Beth's other autumn leaf blends, and it just isn't as prominent when the leaf note is taken on its own. It's still an amazingly evocative autumnal scent, so I decanted an imp out of my bottle for myself and swapped the rest. Oh well.

Yep, this is the Lab's leaf note for sure! It is the one that, in the bottle, I think "ew, I don't want to wear that!". And it is that way when wet. BUT, it dries down into a beautiful, warm, dry-leafy scent. Even though it is dry leaves, it has the refreshing quality of one of the scents found outside in Autumn, especially in the mornings when all is quiet (we live out in the country), the scents are soft and still a bit wet and chilly from the morning. This is what makes Death of Autumn and Falling Leaf Moon so beautiful on the dry-down.

I was hoping that this would be like a pile of fallen leaves in autumn (similar to Falling Leaf Moon), but it's more green, cold, and aquatic smelling on my skin. It smells more like tearing green leaves off of a tree after a storm to me, and dries down a bit masculine and cologne-like on me.

MUST.GET.BACK-UP. :evol:

As Leopard403 said, I don't know how they do it! This does, indeed, smell like the best pile of leaves you could imagine. I get a lot of "green" leaf scents, but it also has an older, wet, almost dirty leaf smell to it as well. It is really complex. It's dry down is very fresh. Outdoorsy. Cozy. Maybe a little bit of pine at the end? It is amazing! I could definitely wear this by itself...A LOT. I also think it will make a great layering scent! One of my all-time favorites!

Edited to add: I think this is a gender-neutral scent, too. :-)

Edited by Lunabelle

This is the same masculine, green-brown leafy note that dominates October. Or any of those "leaves" blends. It's less airy than October and smells more like dry, cracking leaves.

Pretty decent throw, and longevity. Definitely masculine.

A mix of soft yellow leaves and dry, crinkled brown ones, all in a crackly pile just waiting to be jumped in! Some leaves on the bottom of the pile are wet, so there's a dark foreboding aquatic-mildew aspect.

There's a sharpness, too, like cold fall air. It's a little cologne-like, similar to October, or Falling Leaves Moon. I'm excited to layer this with other scents!

Cold bottle (being in CO, snowstorm, package was likely outside for a while): Intensely green. I'm not good with plant scents, but the BF declared "Aloe!" upon his first sniff. I must agree. Perhaps almost the sweet clear/milky fluid from plants, but fresh-snapped aloe comes closest. Waiting to skin test with room temp oil.

Update: Tested from my decant circle imp, about a month after arrival. I am smelling through a stuffy nose, so this might require one more try. However, it was still quite green and aloe/sap like in the imp. Upon application, it went sharp green, and a bit cologne-esque. Masculine, as others have said. I'm not sure I've dabbled in most aquatics, but there is something I can't put a name to, and 'wet' seems the closest.

It's interesting, but not what I was seeking. It does fade after an hour or so.

Edited by everanything

Love love love love it. Reminds me of October and a few other bpals that have "fallen leaves" as a note. I think this will layer gorgeously with lots of things. It really evokes cool autumn air and piles and piles of fallen leaves.

Hm, I figured this would be a hit for me since I usually love the weenies dead leaves, but this one isn't my cup of tea. I guess I prefer my leaves deader.

I received a bonus decanted frimp with a recent forum purchase. This is a masculine scent to my nose.  It layers well with other autumn scents like Octobernacht, and it smells like a wet pile of leaves. In a good way.  It’s earthy and warm.  I detect a floral note in here that reminds me of honeysuckle, but maybe my nose is playing tricks.

I wish the scent was stronger, and it fades after a few hours.  I will enjoy the hell out of the imp, but I doubt I will pick up a bottle after I’ve depleted what I have.  Some scents are worth the novelty just to try and see, and this is one of them.