Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SadariEvenstar

Go to Sleep, Darlings

Kiss-soft clouds of spun-sugar snow.

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I want to like Snow White, but every time I've tried it, it's gone odd and plasticky on me. When I started seeing reviews of "kind of like Snow White but not", I figured I'd give it a try.

In the Bottle: Light and smooth vanilla mint. Just a bit too greeny to be frozen winter, with an undertone that suggests floral and spring without actually being floral.

Wet: There's a quick burst of minty sweetness, and then it seems to disappear completely on me. There's the faintest trace of vanilla sugar, staying extremely close to my skin.

Drydown: It does strengthen a bit after drying down, into a very soft vanilla sugar scent. The green/mint edge that was in the bottle is barely there on me.

Verdict: I'm on the fence. The first thing I can think of is wearing this in a situation where I'm not supposed to wear perfume, because no one would know I was wearing any but me with so little sillage. On the other hand, so light as to be undetectable isn't exactly why one wears perfume. I'll ponder.

Mint and snow, yes, very much like Snow White, but without the floral aspect. This is also very much like a previous Lick It. Lick It Softly, which I love and own. So, this is very nice, but too similar to LIS to warrant my bottle, which is still en route. Quite lovely, though!

Thoughts before testing: I'm hoping that this will be my perfect sugar/cotton candy scent!

Wet: Snow White with a BLAST of mint.

Dry down: Play doh?!

Dry: Play doh.

Thoughts before testing: I adore Snow White and have never gotten play doh from it, but this is nothing but play doh on my skin :cry2:

Verdict: Off to the sales!

Good grief, this smells like burning rubber on me! I've never had that happen with a scent before. I knew that snow was not a good note for me (Skadi smells like dryer sheets) but this is crazy. I'll add this to the "nope" file.

Too pretty, too white, too clean, too cool...for a lover like me of dark, dusty, warm and oriental parfumes it is not really my cup of tea..same impressions from Snow White, they're very similar in the mood...both are quite aristocratic, frost...anyaway very nice, only not for me....

i don't like mint. i dislike Snow White.

i don't get any sugar or cotton candy out of this, and also no mint. it is extremely masculine. like, if there was a Mr. in Snow's life (but not the woodsman)?

it's very off-putting. love the imagery and the name, but i'm glad this bottle is going to a better home.

Ths was the softest lightest mint scent ever! It was much lighter then Mother Shub's Unmentionable Peppermint Creams (with none of the marzipan). It was like sweet watered now mint. Like peppermint tea. But still not very minty at all. It's amazing what the lab has captured here it's hard to describe. I don't think of Snow White though that's sweeter to me. It is sooooo light that I can barely smell it 15 minutes later sadly. It is lovely though. More of an emotion then a scent. Definitely a sleepy time scent.

In the bottle: Sweet and slightly floral with a backdrop of mint and vanilla. Unfortunately for me. the vanilla reads as the buttery or caramel-type which for me means migraines.

On: Oh, I've smelled this before. Pink Snowballs! but without the lovely creamy coconut that I wanted more of. It has got a very strong floral, maybe it's lilies? Not at all what I wanted from this, I thought it would be a light and sugary scent :( From a distance I get that creamyness that Pink Snowballs had and that I loved. Up close it reads soap and headache.

I tested this fresh from the mail in 2013 and just now, hoping it would've calmed down on the florals. Unfortunately it was still unbearable for me. Too floral :(

Like most others, in the bottle, I do see the comparison to Snow White.... it is lovely and soft, with a hint more mint to my nose. Sadly, when applied, it too, went to plastic on me in about 10 minutes! :cry2: It smelled so good at first. Oh well... what can ya do?

In the bottle: Sugary minty snow.

Wet: I get the spun-sugar snow with this because it is sugary sweet on me. Just like I said it smelled like in the bottle, its a sugary, minty snow.

Dry: The snow has gained strength and only a hint of mint now. But its still a sweet snow smell. Really pretty scent.

♔ Go to Sleep Darlings

In the Bottle: Soft, sugary, fluffy snow

Wet: I get a warm, sugary powdery snow scent- like snow white without the coconut plus a wisp of sugary mint. The mint seems to have amped a menthol note without the astringency. It smells like… sanitizer, a little metallic? I'm not really sure I like this phase... I kind of wish it smelt like closer to the bottle and less ozonic. It kind of reminds me of the snow note I get in the strong phase of Pink Snowballs. I get the feeling this aspect was meant to only feel like a gentle wintry, crisp breeze.

Drydown: The snow note enters a softer, more creamy-ish and vanillic phase on the drydown. The harsh wintery notes have all absorbed quite fast and I’m left with sugary, soft, cottony snow- the kind you make fake snow with, using cotton and lining all the windowsills for festivities indoors. That the kind of “snow” note. It’s woolly, vanillic and soft, only slightly minty and crystalised In this phase, GTSD smells like tiny sugary minty crystals streaked through fluffy cotton candy. It kind of reminds me of Midnight on the Midway's cotton candy, but during winter? haha- with a blanket of snow covering everything. It smells kind of like a more sugary and minty, less coconutty version of Snow White.

TL;DR: minty white-vanilla cotton candy

I got a barely testable sniffie of this from a purchase, and I was interested in giving it a try after a sniff of the imp, despite having very little luck over the years with sugary scents from any perfumer. It's very, very sweet, a soft, young scent. It's not my usual style, but I might use it in the summer if I had a decant. It's more of a beachy scent than a winter scent to me, perhaps because of the fruity/coconutty note that reminds me of tall tropical cocktails. :)

I didn't get any mint, I agree with others that there is a bit of a powder note a la Antique Lace. No change wet to to dry-down on my skin. Moderate throw, not very long lasting, but remember I just had a dab to try. So maybe it would be a bigger scent with a lavish application.

It's for young and young-at-heart foodie lovers, I think,

Edited by RavenintheWind

This sadly turns all powdery on me and rather one note. Very soft though. I hope this bottle can go to someone with better skin chemistry.