Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A scent warmed by a whole lot of love: honey-snuggled skin musk, sweet vanilla ice cream residue, and lavender oil (Lilith’s favorite!), with a gentle hint of Dorian.

First impression: a big disappointing blast of baby powder. But it grows on me as I continue to smell it. It’s a gentle honey-sweet powdery one for sure.

On me I get the honey skin musk, with the lavender coming out soon after. This isn't’t quite what I’d hoped for, but it’s just nice. Okay, the longer it’s on me the better I feel about it, because now I’m getting the Dorian. This is a lovely, subtle cuddling/sleep blend. Pretty pretty pretty. This helps the fact that my favorite sleep blend, Lilith Victoria, is hard to find and expensive when you do get it. Eminently comforting.

This is a very comforting smell. I'm getting the honey musk and lavender, actually reminiscent of another Lilith blend 'Gladdener of all Hearts', though that one has more of a berry vibe. Kind of like TKO too, but I like TKO better. Still I do like this, and will probably use this as a cozy, comforting blend, maybe for sleep.

To my nose: Absolute first sniff is honey and lemons. Second sniff is all about the lavender. Smells very calming.

On: The lavender is strong without the typical men's cologne-vide that it can often have and that I dislike. The honey is carefully sneaking around, giving away hints of where it is. There's still something I wanna say is lemon. Can it be the Dorian? Though D has never smelled like lemons on me before. I do want to say that there's some tonka here too. It's vanilla, but not quite.

Four hours later: Capax smells like a softer and more quiet sister to A Wonderful Light and Lush's Butterball bathbomb*.The lavender left me after the first hour, pretty sad about that but the fact that this smells incredibly soothing and calming anyway makes up for it. I haven't gotten any more vanilla, tea or Dorian during the wear of this, might be because I have no patience and tested it right from the box :blush:

Needless to say, I adore this! I keep sniffing my arm and it makes me feel snuggly. This will be a "lazy days at home"-scent or when I'm feeling down/sick. It will encourage me to go back to bed and take another nap and not to worry about the issues in life any more that day.

*AWL is much sweeter and heavy on the honey with thin slices of oranges and Butterball can sometimes have a powdery feel to it, something that Capax doesn't have and doesn't need.

Edited by Missy_killer

Didn't order this because, despite liking the listed notes of honeyed skin musk, vanilla ice cream and lavender, I knew Dorian would amp on me. However, received an imp as lagniappe from a friend ... and so loved the story behind this ... that I tried it anyway.

IN THE IMP: I could smell the sweetness even before I opened it, lingering on the edge of the imp cap.

Dabbed tentatively on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: Definitely a true and wonderful vanilla ice cream note is the first thing to hit, and it's nummy. Then I get the lavender, and THAT is nummy. Unfortunately, however, then the two intermingle and I really Do Not Like vanilla-lavender or lavender-vanilla combined.

DRYDOWN: Even had the two notes I love remained separate entities while wet, on drydown the vanilla went very plasticky on me, which would have been a dealbreaker on its own. Ironically, the Dorian part was not as lethal in and of itself as I'd expected.

OVERALL: So not me. But there are a lot of people who LOVE lavender-vanilla-lavender (witness the success of TKO or Lush's Twilight) and I think this would be a fabulous scent for them. I am not, however, one of those people.

On a scale of 1-5, a 2.

In the bottle - A clean, medicinal honey/wax scent

Wet on me - A soft, cool lavender with hints of sweetness beneath

Dry on me - A light, clean lavender scent

Overall - It didn't really grab me

Out of the bottle and fresh on my skin, I get a light powdery lavender. Something about the combination of the lavender and the honeyed skin musk isn't working for me, though, as much as I desperately wanted to love this blend as the inspiration reminded me of my own daughter. I don't get any of the vanilla ice cream or hints of Dorian. It's a very herbal-smelling lavender, not as astringent as some other variations on lavender oils. In the end, it reminds me quite a bit of lavender-scented baby lotion/bath, which while it does remind me of my little girl when she was a baby, is not something I care to smell like. It perfectly evokes the lovely inspiration, it's just too sweet and childlike to work for me as a personal scent.

In Bottle: Lavender, a sweet sweet lavender.

Wet on Skin: LAVENDER! I seem to amp lavender... How does that not surprise me? XD!!! I love it, it's a good, fresh sweet lavender. Very comforting.

Dry Down: Oh, now there's the vanilla sweetness and the powder of musk. It's blended all nicely, seamless really. I can hardly smell the Dorian in it, but it has to be adding to the depth.

Verdict: In love. It is the perfect bedtime scent for me! I have to admit... I SLATHER this before bed and I can see myself in the near future getting as many bottles as I possibly can from anywhere. It even beats Mouse' Long and Sad Tail for a bed scent!

This is more "sparkly" than I imagined it would be.

Not a bad thing, but it starts out with a bright wave of lavender. It's not super astringent as in some other blends, but it definitely takes center stage. As it dries the lavender becomes less dominant and I smell a soft musk with just a hint of vanilla. Not as creamy as I imagined, but still soft. Ironically it's not bringing to mind a happy little girl, but almost the exact opposite - a dignified old man with a cane standing outside underneath a bright summer sky.

Weird association, I know, but there it is. I think it's because Capax is almost musty on me, yet it's paradoxically "clean" too. The sugary vibe keeps it innocent and lighthearted. He's probably the cool grandpa that still chases his grandkids around the yard and tells them that fairies exist. Thus the aura of youth and magic, despite maturity.

Considering I have 3 bottles of this I have no idea how I've not reviewed it.

For me this is a very soft and creamy vanilla at the start, which is tempered by a soft waft of lavender. The lavender is soft and not sharp, but its herbal nature keeps the vanilla in check. As the scent dries the vanilla warms up and becomes more assertive mingling with the lavender. The musk becomes noticeable but is soft and sweet.

Overall it is a sweet, loving, wonderful scent and one which I wear for bedtime quite often.

such a snuggly-soft sweet little scent! it wears very close to the skin, a honey-tinged musk with wisps of lavender. it reminds me a little of tko. i don't get a lot of dorian but i think it is added to the overall sweetness. capax infiniti is sooo nice and i think it would make a nice scent for a comfy lazy day or bedtime!

In the bottle this is soft and sweet and pretty. After about 10 minutes on my skin it turns to laundry soap. So much so, that I was actually checking my clothes, thinking that I had spilled some on my self when I was doing the laundry.

Amazing lavender with buttery vanilla. It really does smell like vanilla ice cream, not just vanilla exract. I feel like that's an important distinction. I haven't tried the lavender cheesecake Beaver Moon, but I can't imagine anything much better than this. The lavender note is gentle, not medicinal as it can sometimes be (I like it either way!)

After a few minutes it's sweet, baby powdery lavender. I'm not getting any Dorian at all. As a fan of Stinky, I'd call this Stinky + lavender. This will be perfect at bedtime.

Capax Infiniti...cool name, pretty label

In the bottle: don't smell much maybe a hint of vanilla and honey

Wet: Now the lavender and vanilla are coming out, and I really love this vanilla ice cream note it's a favorite

Drydown: On the drydown which was fast I still smell the vanilla ice cream and and lavender its very pretty but I think the skin musk is taking away from it a little. This scent is very soft and light. When I sniff again and think about it I do smell the tiniest bit of Dorian in there...it's a light sweet tea scent.

This is very sweet and pretty but very light and doesn't have much throw. It would be lovely on a little girl, and perfect to wear to bed I definitely can see that.

Wet: Lavender and vanilla ice cream. Interesting combo! Snuggly smelling for sure. More buttery than I generally like, though. Mmm, but the lavender is amping up and balancing that out nicely. This is lovely.

Dry: This smells like bedtime comfort in a bottle I may have a new favourite bedtime scent. The honey musk really comes out on dry-down, and it's lovely. Glad I nabbed some of this!

I was soooo excited to track down a decant of this. I loved the sound of the notes, and I'd been looking for another Lilith scent that I might like as much as The Serpentine that maybe wouldn't be quite as popular and hard to find.

First Sniff Impression: Pink? Sugary?

Wet in Vial: Somehow I can tell in the vial that this is vanilla ice cream, not just a vanilla note. It's a little creamy. The rest is just a mix of sweetness, probably from the Dorian, but I can't pick out skin musk or lavender specifically.

Drying Down on Skin: The lavender is a little more prominent when applied. Straight off it actually reminds me of Burt's Bees' Baby Bee wash (guessing the honey and vanilla ice cream with the lavender). I hope the mental reference to a baby product won't end up turning this into baby powder on me.

Dry on Skin: Well, unfortunately this just stayed as baby shampoo on me. It's not a bad smell at all, but it's a tad powdery and just reminds me of my son being a newborn. So not something I really want to wear on myself. Bummer. I was really hoping I'd love this one.

Conclusion: This smelled much nicer in the vial than dry. In the vial it was almost possible to tease out the hint of Dorian, but dry it was just all sweet honey baby powder scent. It might not bother some people since I just have a very specific association with it. I'll keep the decant but won't bother with a bottle.

The late dry down of this has made this a sleeper hit for me.

A perfect blend of honeyed skin musk and sweet vanilla creaminess with just the faintest touch of dorian and lavender. Honestly kind of perfection, may need another bottle because it is just comforting.