Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

NYMPHES DE PAVE
In passing up Broadway, any evening, between the hours of 7 and 11 o'clock, one is surprised to see so many well-dressed and comely females whose ages range from fifteen to twenty-five years, unattended by companions of the other sex.

These young ladies are Nymphes de Pave or as they familiarly termed "Cruisers" have furnished rooms in which they receive visitors of the other sex, and ply their vocation in the streets for a livelihood.

White fig, rose otto, honey, and bourbon vanilla.

This is such a pretty scent in the bottle, and although I can definitely smell the roses first, the honey is definitely there too, stopping this from being solely floral. On my skin, it's just a light, sweet rose that blooms for about an hour before disappearing entirely. It's heady, lovely, and different to the other BPAL rose scents I appreciate. Honey lovers might favor this one, I think.

First you get the rose, it is not a heady rose, but a rather floppy, big petaled rose that isn't too in-your-face. Fig is the second note you get when it's wet, but the fig just grounds out the scent to an earthyness as it dries. For a little while it is a somewhat dusty-scent, very subtle. But as it gets drier, on my skin, the honey begins to chime in. It is that sweet honey from the single note.

Right now, the rose is fighting the fig and I find it hard to smell them both at the same time, it's more like if you look for the rose, you smell rose, if you look for the fig, you smell fig. Very interesting!

<3 <3 <3

This is definitely in my favorite scents family. The bourbon vanilla takes a more creamy than vanilla note, and combined with the honey and rose otto, it's loosely in the same family as Nymphae Avernales and Dawn: Maiden - but there is a nice, deep, lingering light fig note that just blends gorgeously. It reminds me of the fig in Carnal (another favorite) but not as domineering. I guess that's the "white" aspect of the fig - but it balances well and it has good through and lasts a long time and I just sat there snuffling myself going - DAMN - I smell GOOD!

Beautiful! At first, I amp the hell out of the rose....and I thought, oh no. Please, no! nono.gif However, this occurred for only the first five minutes....then, morph time...the fig makes an appearance (whew)....along with the gorgeously sweet vanilla. The sweet notes don't jump out, but it keeps the rose very well balanced and makes this a rose blend I can wear. Elegant!

On me this is a very creamy, powdery, musky, sweet smoky scent.

In the bottle it starts off like a very fresh version of my beloved Katrina Van Tassle :wub2: . I really get the "white fig" thing here.

As soon as I put it on, it still smells like a fresh Katrina Van Tassle... but then.. as it dries down even by the minute, that freshness all goes away and becomes very sweet and powdery on me. It's got a hint of smoky muskiness (bourbon vanilla I suspect with that honey, which will always amp on me).

I really like how the rose is not too overpowering. Actually I have to really look for the rose to get it, and even then it smells quite a lot like a totally dried, preserved rose, and not like a fresh one. Then there is a large siwl of powdery, musky smokiness.

I actually find it less sweet than Kartirna Van tassle, despite vanilla and honey notes. I think it's gone very dark and broody on me.

Wet: very sweet deep honey, rich resinous vanilla and refined rose otto giving it a balanced perfume-floral note. The fig comes on strong & consistent. Its like a golden syrup instead of the molassesly rich fig from some other blends. White fig for sure. It's almost edible. Reminds me of middle-eastern sweets flavored with rose syrup. Awesome. :wub2:

Edited by SophieCedar

I don't get in my face vanilla - I get more of a creamy feel from it. Once again, Beth has made a blend that is so perfectly blended that it's hard to me to sit there and name the notes without peeking at the description. The rose note is just undeniably gorgeous, and it's one of those notes that is very hard for me to wear except for in a few blends. It's deeper and sweeter - and definitely reminds me of a red rose but with some spice. This almost feels like carnation to me. The fig so far is just lending a fruity sweetness mixed with the honey note to my nose. It's expertly blended and just so amazing - very sophisticated.

I looked up rose otto, because I was curious - and it indicated that rose otto smells like freshly picked flowers - and is thus very sweet and rich - that pefectly describes the rose in this blend.

The color feel of this blend to me would be a deep maroon.

Naughty Rating: This is that point right after the tentative pause of a first kiss when things begin to get heated and lustful.

I thank my pick-up fairy dearly for my chance to try and actually own this blend! :wub2:

Edited by GirlinDenial

First a big ole thank you to my CC Fairy! :wub2:

In The Bottle: Honey and rose in equal measure. the honey at this stage is soft, much softer than it is in, say, O. And the rose is rather delicate.

Wet On Skin: the fig is making it's appearance. So far it's not going powdery on me, which I'm glad about, as fig can turn on me. Here's hoping it stays true!

Dry Down: Sadly, I get no trace of the bourbon vanilla in this, and that note was a big selling point for me :( However, this has a lovely, gentle vibe to it, and reminds me of Fairy Wine. If you are fond of that scent, you'll probably be in love with this one, too.

In All: Low throw, a fine daytime scent, lighter than I expected. I don't think I'll wear this much in the cold months, but I'll be interested to see how it's come together next late Spring when I pull it out again... ;)

I really like this. It reminds me of a fig that's been squished atop some fresh rose petals and then just drowned in some warm, heady laurel honey. I had entirely given up on rose notes working for me in any form, but lately I've found it can work when it's with notes that I both love and amp - such as fig and honey - because it just wafts out in soft waves to lend some interesting character.

I also think this scent perfectly matches its name and description. It's innocent on the surface but intensely alluring and sensual. I'm so excited to have a bottle. <3

The general catalog scents it most resembles for me are Laurel Honey and Queen - It's actually a bit like if you slathered on Queen and then dotted on some Strangler Fig. It also makes me want to run away to Tar Valon, but I first dived into the Apiary scents while immersed in WoT, so that may just be me. :P

Slightly disappointed with this one. It took several hours before it morphed past just a vaguely rose scent and the fig and vanilla finally appeared. This is nice (finally), but it just doesn't blow me away like I expected it to. :huh?:

Of course I'd fall hopelessly in love with a rare. Nymphes de Pave smells like my very favorite candy, Abbaye de Flavigny Rose Pastilles. Sweet and foody, but also pretty and floral. The scent description is, as far as I can tell, completely accurate.

Edited by yewberry

Just got this from a circle and I'm glad I got these exclusives.

In the bottle it smelled like roses - scary, IMO.

But when dried on skin, it turned powdery and musky with a very apparent rose.

This worked very well for me because I don't like rose scents up front and prefer it to be "blunted" by other notes.

This kinda smells like rose talcum powder somehow.

This one smells really powdery on me, but in a nice way -- it's heavily powdery with a hint of fruity sweetness underneath, almost like the much softer, gentler cousin of Midwinter's Eve. I guess I can get a bit of the honey if I look for it, but what I get most is just a very soft, sweet powder. Funny, 'cause rose and honey usually both amp on me. This is nice, though, a good all-occasion sort of scent.

Nymphes de Pave seems to have gone off with age. I liked it a lot more six months ago, but don't find it wearable now. It used to be a sweet, creamy red rose, golden beeswax and hint of fruitiness. It was a buzzy, sweet, playful-sensual sort of fragrance. Now it's more of a sharp, bland, perfumey rose with hints of real, sharp, raw honey. It's strange that it went from being such a sweet scent to such a sharp one in such a short amount of time.

Edited by Little Bird

ITI: The honey and bourbon vanilla are most prominent on first sniff, but I so pick up the soft rose otto following closely behind the dominant notes.

Wet: The rose otto, vanilla, and white fig steal the show in a gentle and lady-like showing. This is rather pleasant.

Dry: It's a bit powdery when dry, but the vanilla and honey, along with a little rose otto, are somewhat discernible.

In bottle: rose, vanilla, and fig. I can tell this won't work for my skin, as the rose is front and center for me, but it's lovely here.

Wet on skin: unexpectedly, this is cool to the nose, slightly "wintery". I'm getting fig; the (expectedly) powdery rose; and creamy vanilla. It's sweet and almost syrupy because of the honey, but it doesn't tip into foody or candy scale.

Dry: as expected, the rose has flown the coop. Actually, there is a faint rosiness to the powder I'm now getting, so at least it's staying a little bit more than expected, but after 30 minutes in, it's gone for me. There's still fig, honey and vanilla. The rose-powder variety for me is making me sneeze.

Verdict: I didn't expect this to be a winner, and it isn't. It's a lovely scent sans the horror that rose is on my skin, though.

Sweet rose at first, this is reminding me of Touched Twice somehow, there's a bit of coconut. After a bit, I'm getting funk, though. Not sure what it would be, I'm thinking the fig may be the culprit. This is nice to try, but it obviously isn't agreeing with my skin chemistry.

this is mostly rose, but there is something slightly sour to it. i get fig and honey, but they are melding in an odd way...at least in my opinion. i don't really get much vanilla here. more like a sweetened, slightly candied rose scent, but there is something in here that smells a little off on me...honey often doesn't work, so that could be it, but i'm not sure.

Nymphes de Pave would be perfect for those who love white fig or honey—both notes are fairly strong on me, with bourbon vanilla and rose otto trailing. This goes on like a sister scent to Crib Girls, slightly more demure. I also get a slightly astringent, slightly sour note when wet, but it dries down to a figgy honey, very soft and subtle. This isn't one I reach for often, but I'm glad I have it, and it layers beautifully with any hair gloss that has honey in it.

Wet: Quite light, mostly honey. Creamy. Sort of indistinct though. All of these notes are very familiar, yet I am not really picking any of them out? Maybe it needs to settle. As it is, it's pretty odd. The honey is reminding me more of beeswax, the white fig more of apple...I dunno.

Dry: Fruity and sweet, creamy and soft. Sort of dreamy. It gets much better once it settles on my skin. It's still very light though, and difficult to pick out notes. I will have to see how often I reach for it.

ETA: This is slowly growing more and more on me as time goes on. It may be really lovely this spring. Very soft and work appropriate.

Edited by LizziesLuck

I finally got a chance to try Nymphes de Pave! While I can smell the bourbon note wet, it's not boozy on my skin at all. Instead, I get dried figs poached in vanilla honey and a very mellow rose. It's very pretty and I agree with LizziesLuck, it would be lovely in spring. I have the nagging feeling that it reminds me of something else in my stash, so I need to retry all my honey fig scents to see if there's something more easily obtainable that smells similar on me.