Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin candyfloss with neroli, pink grapefruit, blood orange, and petitgrain.

Disclosure: I have no idea what petitgrain smells like.

I do know that this is a most delicious scent and it smells mainly of oranges! In fact, it smells like warm orange cookies or Panettone w/ lots of orange and lemon zest <3 The wonderful, wonderful orange does calm down and get a warm, buttery sort of feel to it (it's that lovely grounding note of neroli and pumpkin), there is also a tiny hint of bitterness balancing out the neroili and the end result is almost spicy. I'm surprised there isn't any clove listed in the notes because i get something on drydown that is slightly spicy with just a ghost of citrus.

I'm not a fan of pumpkin smell, that usually makes my skin smells sntrange, but I thought this would be like "Pumpkin Hard Candy" mecry.gif Love neroli and petit grain coming in wet, but when dry, the pumpkin in this mixture is too heavy for me. icon_neutral.gif

I get what was said about the spice/cloves. It has a warm spicy scent to it, like the warmth in gingerbread, but no cassia! there is also a sweet candy orange smell too. Like a warm buttery spice fall cake with candied orange zest. I get more spice than citrus, but I also amp spices.

Overall, I really like this scent, I love the warmth and orange togeather.

Damn, I love this so much and I really didn't expect to! I normally don't do well with the citrus notes but blended with the pumpkin, these ones in particular are scrumptious. I like the panetone comparison above because it does smell like warm, sweet spicy baked goods..mine smells a little caramel-ish on me but I do amp any sweet note. I have been decimating the proto of this at work but I bought a bottle from the lab at NYCC this weekend so now I will save the rest of the proto oil for other people to try it at Halloween NEWC :) seriously love this though!

This hurt my skin. :( Sometimes that happens randomly and never happens again, so I am sort of hopeful it's a one off, but at the same time, I didn't love this as much as I hoped I would so I don't know if I'm anxious to try again.

In the bottle, this is great. It is pumpkin and citrus and a hint of sweet. But on my skin, it goes through a wicked transformation, where it gets all spicey and weird, clovey almost? Like when people say "pumpkin" but really mean "pumpkin pie spice." It eventually settles into a warm baked pumpkin cake sort of smell, with the zest of citrus but not the sour, but I was really disappointed by the spice phase.

Oh wow, this was not what I was imagining but it is SO GOOD!! I agree that it almost feels like a gingerbread note (and at first I could have sworn is smelled like pumpkin queen), but then there's an added element that comes out like fresh oranges..or maybe orange candy? It's like baked fall goods and candy all in one, which sounds odd, and it is a bit, but still so good. Unexpected win!

This starts out all juicy blood orange on me, then I gradually smell the pumpkin note...as it dries more, it starts to smell like cinnamon.

The description sounded awesome so I jumped on this before the weenies went dark. I'm a sucker for a good blood orange, and I like grapefruit, but I find it usually fades too quickly or becomes too candy like depending. The pumpkin paired with the neroli sounded like it would be a good back bone for the citrus tang of the grape fruit and rich blood orange.

In the bottle it smells very orangy and smooth. However, despite smelling like orange, it doesn't have a citrus kick in the bottle. It's almost buttery from the pumpkin, and perhaps tempered by the creaminess of the neroli a bit but I don't pick up on it outright. It shares a bit of that quality though.

On the skin it immediately turns all pumpkin, and boy is it strong. Sweet, brown sugar and butter pumpkin, no spices detected--this is not pumpkin pie. This is tooth achingly sweet. I think for a sexing that hope is lost, but it quickly changes and the glaringly intense buttery sweet pumpkin smell backs off.

The blood orange peeks through first, strong, almost fighting with the pumpkin. Then the grapefruit shows up. Ah, lovely. Citrus tang. Now there is harmony! The grapefruit tempers the sweetness and balances everything, creating a yummy tangy pumpkin orange citrus blend. I never really get the scent of Neroli, just a slight creamy quality blending everything.

I didn't think the petitgrain would be there at all, but much to my surprise, about 20 minutes into the dry stage I catch a wonderful fresh green quality wafting from my hand, a somewhat crisper and brighter neroli like scent. The two are related, but it's in my opinion a bit more complex and aromatic. it has both floral tones and green leafy aquatic qualities. That addition really pulled it all together and makes it a very wearable pumpkin scent.

It's gourmand, but not too foody, and has a very nice complexity about it. It could be worn year round in my opinion. A total win! I'm super glad I didn't pass up this bottle!

On wet, this smells like some amazing orange cookies that I used to eat when I was little. It's foodie, orangey, and cakey. As it dries, the citrus recedes and I get more of the pumpkin/petitgrain.

But for the first few minutes, I can virtually picture the little orange cookie, with its artificial coloring and the sugar cookie texture.

I almost passed on this because of the petitgrain, which I thought was what caused passion butterfly to go horribly awry. Looking back, I think it was likely the black amber in that blend.

Back to the point, this one is freaking fantastic when you are feeling foody. The orange baked goods is a nice analogy, sweet strong pumpkin, that is much more moderate than jack, a waft of sweet orange, and a hint of spicyness.

I'm really glad I added this last minute because I think I'm going to have to add a bottle to my post order.

Oh my goodness. I'm glad I tried a decant of this because based on the notes, I would NEVER have tried it. (My skin hates pumpkin--it kills anything else in a scent--and neroli is mostly just screamingly bad.)

But... wow. This goes on with a burst of citrusy baked goods scent, which gradually morphs throughout the day to what I think of as "spice cake", like that gingerbread cake with the white cream cheese frosting. A few hours in, sniffing up close, I get a teensy touch of the "burnt" quality that often kills foody scents for me (and particularly pumpkin ones), but it backs right off again and never actually reaches the throw of the perfume.

I wore this yesterday and my dad said he sat for an hour with his stomach growling because of the smell of "apples and cinnamon" that I was wearing. (OK, apples/oranges, whatever...) This is really good, and it was an unexpected winner. I will definitely be getting a bottle of it.

Edited for clarity's sake

Edited by kjirstiben

I like this one, especially for the first half hour where the orange sticks around. The mix of sweet orange and buttery, spicy pumpkin smells deliciously foodie. It's kinda like the smell of a spice cake with an orange and vanilla glaze. After a half hour, the orange fades away for me and I'm left with sweet spices. I wish that this didn't fade so quickly into a bland spice blend, but I do still like this and will keep my decant.

In the decant: Very pumpkiny, with citrus notes melding deep in the mix.

Wet: Suddenly, the citrus and the pumpkin are clashing! This does not bode well.

The dry-down: Really, I should have known better, as citrus notes do not work well on my skin any more, but I expected the pumpkin to tame them. Nope, not to be. There is a big war going on, and from some unknown direction, brown musk has arrived to trounce the lot. (I wonder where it came from, as it's not listed, but I know and dislike the note well.) Frack! A sharp note has emerged! An unholy mess that must be washed off asap. :( Might try in the scent locket another time.

OK, this one is a bit different than all the pumpkin blends I've been trying out all fall. There is some bright orange here along with the spicy pumpkin. There is a creaminess also, that was in the Black Pumpkin Floss, maybe that's a characteristic of the flosses? At any rate it is still very much the same as all the other pumpkin blends this year. I'm actually getting pumpkin'd out, though if I had to pick a favourite, it would be BPF, and I may seek out a decant of that.

Imp: Creamy, pumpkin-y, and citrusy!

Wet: Oh wow, it takes on an almost pastry-like scent in addition to the citrus fruits and creamy pumpkin with faint hints of spice. I honestly thought this would be my least favorite of the Flosses but at this point, it's winning by a mile.

Dry: And it's turned into the spicy, overly cinnamon-y pumpkin note from the other pumpkin blends. Curses!

WOW!! Got a partial bottle of this and it is a wonderful and perfect autumn/holiday scent! I get mostly orange, but it a nicely spiced orange...not citrus-y at all, if that makes sense. There is a sliver of pumpkin I get, but never fear you pumpkin haters out there. Very warm and bakery-like. Having this on just makes me want to wrap up in a huge warm sweater and curl up with cocoa in front of a fire!!! Very good!!

Edited by Numanoid

In the imp - Happy, warm pumpkin. Reminiscent of Theme in Yellow.

Wet - Light yellow. Watery pumpkin. I think I liked this better in the imp.

Drydown - It’s rounding out a bit as it it dries. There’s more butter now, and I can smell the orange notes. A very wholesome pumpkin scent. Orange to be sure.

Verdict - This turned out much nicer than I was expecting based on the wet phase, but I have other pumpkin blends that do what this does, only better. Swapsville.

In the bottle: pumpkin

Wet: that petigran note comes oyt which is kind of seedy or hay like. But it's mixed with sweet pumpkin and grapfruit. Maybe it's the blood orange too but it is very sweet! Not candy sweet but perfume sweet mixed with a little hay.

Drydown: the pumpkin turns a little cinnamon like and the sweetness is calming down as well. This has very low throw and short staying power. It's a nice scent but I wanted much more candyfloss!

Wet: Mmmmm, candied pumpkin. There's a lot of warmth to this.

Dry: A little bit of the citrus has come out. A warm, sugary, citrus-infused pumpkin is the best way I can describe this. I want to wrap myself in a blanket of this come fall and winter.

Edited by donkehpoo

Imp: Oh my. This is orange cookies of amazingness

Initial Skin: I'm going to eat my flipping arm what is happening. This is heaven. Orange sticky glaze on pumpkin ginger cookies kind of heaven.

Drydown: YUP stays amazing. All the other reviews are spot on too. This is heaven.

My imp was from the original decant in 2012 I never got to testing. REGRETS. SO MUCH REGERTS.