Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Eternal

Stephanotis, cyclamen, heliotrope, white rose and gardenia.

In the imp: wow, soft white florals. very pretty.

On me, wet: this is a very juicy, soft floral - I keep thinking there's a pear scent to this, but I think it's the gardenia, since it's the same note as from Ace of Hearts.

On me, dry: yup, this is almost identical to Ace of Hearts. Slightly fruity, bright white, sweet, girly, and clean-feeling. If anything it's slightly more velvety and soft as a scent.

Verdict: Geee. As with Ace of Hearts, I'll keep around the imp - but I'm not certain I'll use it very often.

straight sniff from imp this is a lovely and lighthearted white floral :P

applied it's a fresh tussie-mussie...pretty and perfect for a stroll through the park on a warm summer day...quite lovely :D

I'm not much for florals, but I've been surprised by the floral blends that I've been able to enjoy since I've started on the BPAL path, so I bravely went forward with Eternal. In the imp, I smell gardenia. On my skin, I smell even more gardenia. I always complain that rose is a gorilla on my body chemistry, but gardenia is King Kong. It takes over. It's not really that bad, but it's just not my style -- hothouse flowers just heat up a bit too much on me, and after a while, turn powdery, which is exactly what Eternal did on me. For lovers of sweet, floral, tropical, heady fragrances, Eternal is for you.

Gardenia! Unfortunately, it turns to plastic on my skin, just as Gardenia SN did. :P I had high hopes for this. Looks like I'll have to stick with Zero for my gardenia-esque fix.

I put this one on before I went to bed last night and almost couldn't sleep because I kept wanting to smell my wrist. This one is AMAZING! Light, soft, feminine. I smell Rose...very soft rose. My only issue with this one is it's light and disappears quickly. But oh-my, it's lovely!!! May need a bigger bottle of this one.

Eternal - This is all gardenia from the get-go. It's strong and heady and pungent. After it has a chance to dry down on my skin, however, the other notes (although I can't distinguish any single one of them in this blend) help soften the sharp gardenia and it becomes a really beautiful floral that is still predominantly gardenia, but not strong and heady as it typicall is. This is the first gardenia scent that I believe I can wear and wear well. Just lovely. It has a nice level of throw (a little above average) and lasts for about 4-5 hours.

Eternal-

In Bottle: I can identify the gardenia; no other notes stand out.

Wet: More gardenia. Very sweet.

Dry: Almost tropical in its floral-ness. Very fresh! It's fading quickly though. Another subtle one for me.

Overall: I like, some.

At first this was light, white flowers. Then the gardenia comes out really strong and sweet. If you like gardenia, you will probably like this a lot. After it's completely dry, it changes on my skin and gets a bit stale smelling. Too bad.

This is stinging my elbow mildly. I feel that I should have expected it from Rage, which I tried and washed off a moment ago, but I really didn’t expect it from Eternal. This leads me to wonder if it was really Rage’s fault, or if my skin just dislikes me today. Ah, well.

It is a high, sharp, somehow “precise” scent. I can pick out the gardenia, and possibly the rose, but I don’t know what else I am detecting (probably because I have no idea what the other elements smell like). It is definitely a complex scent.

Now the smell is fading. I don’t think I can tell the gardenia apart any more, and it almost smells faintly lemony. As it fades, it becomes less complex to my nose, and the lemon aspect is increasing. How very odd.

There’s the gardenia again. I like this when I can detect the gardenia, but I like it less when I can’t. This is unsurprising, since I have a weakness for gardenia. This scent has no lasting power whatsoever on me -- it’s slinking away into my skin, and I don’t think I applied it more than forty-five minutes ago.

Now I need to press my nose onto my elbow to detect it. Meh. It continues to exist, and it’s stayed for at least an hour, and I suppose it will linger on a bit further, but I prefer a bit of throw.

(It stayed at that very quiet level for at least four hours, during which it mutated quietly back into gardenia. Polite of it... and yet... no.)

OOh? Is there moonflower in this? There isn't that note listed but I could swear I'm getting the clear sweetness of moonflower. The heliotrope and rose are a fabulous addition as well. Wow... I'm actually surprised by this blend. I don't like almost any of the Funereal Oils (Embalming Fluid is about it), but this is a sweet, almost sugary floral that is actually pretty good on me. Definitely keeping this imp around for awhile. :P

I was so bored with rose until I smelled this funeral bouquet. It immediately went on my big bottle list. What's great about it is it's versatility- I can wear it at work, out to dinner, or out vamping and it's never out of character. Very beautiful, long lasting and well behaved.

Wet: This is a faintly generic soapy white flower that I've smelled in other floral BPAL but was unsure what note it was. Must be the gardenia! There's also soft rose in the background.

Dry: Soapy gardenia and soapy rose. I'm someone's grandma's bathroom bar of pink soap. :P

If your skin doesn't usually turn these flowers into soap, definitely give it a try. I can smell the potential of Eternal. It could be a wonderful springtime (or whenever you want to be in a springtime mood) perfume that smells light, but has a good solid throw.

This is the cleanest smell ever. Not at all soapy - just clean. Not flowery. Not powdery. Just clean & pure and white. Good Stuff!

This is all white florals on first sniff, though it quickly sorts into rose and gardenia. It's very clean, very sweet. There's a bit of potpourri to the tone--as if the petals are turning brittle as I watch. For the most part, however, this is bright and rich. It's a pretty floral scent on me.

This is a very heady, old-fashioned, achingly sad white floral. Very strong on the gardenia, but not cloyingly so.

I like it very much, actually. I didn't expect to when I sniffed it from the imp - I thought that it would be overwhelming, but it's not. It's very pretty. I'd put it in the same family as Black Dahlia and Fallen on me, only lighter and cleaner (those two are dark florals - this is a light airy one, but all have a similar old-fashioned "big floral" feel to them).

Oh my Eternal is lovely.

It's so well blended that i have a hard time distinguishing the notes...it's equal parts gardenia, musty rose and heliotrope, with some amber (??) to smooth it all down.

It's a bit too old-fashioned for me to wear all the time though, so I think I'll just stick with my imp for now :P

yup lots of gardenia in this one.

i smell flowers and berry candy. there is a sweetness to it.

it's a very feminine scent.

it turns into a creamy floral gardenia scent.

pretty, if you you are big into florals that is.

:P Nothing but roses. So many of these blends sound like they'd be beautiful (and they ARE on other people) but I get nothing but roses.

The white rose and the gardenia are the notes that come out the strongest to me. It is a very white floral scent. I usually love rose and gardenia, but somehow this one isn’t really working for me. I think it is a little too sweet and innocent for me.

i dont get any rose or gardenia in this at all. i am not too familiar with the other notes, so i am not sure about them. basically this smells like white florals on me- ylang ylang and maybe a tinge of honeysuckle. i cant pick out anything else though.

In bottle: pale yellow liquid, a bit thicker than average bright, light floral

Wet: bright spring floral that isn’t going spicy on me the way florals often do (which is a plesant change, although self-spicing floral is something I enjoy too)

Dry: drying very true to the bottle

Later: fades very rapidly (within an hour) otherwise lovely.

Summary: if I can find a way to keep it around longer than this time I’d definitely consider a bottle, but otherwise eternal is just too fleeting.

This is awfully fleeting for something called "Eternal". Light, pretty, sort of faintly gardenia and very clean. Reminds me a bit of The Ghost and Dirty, with that clean feeling. Nice and inoffensive.

This is exactly what I would picture Eternal smells like. Cool, pristine, soft, light, and clean. Has a hollow, airy feeling that feels so appropriate for the name. I enjoyed my imp but I wouldn't purchase a full size bottle. It's just too reminiscent of soap.

Started out as crisp rose and gardenia, both very light and fresh. This has a slightly floating quality that is very beautiful. It just seems to hover around my skin.

Unfortunately, very shortly after the initial burst of rose and gardenia, something soapy takes over. It is very clean at this point, like a milky white soap. I suspect lily is the culprit...it tends to be soapy on my skin.