Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
orata

Beautiful and Adored

They consulted their village priest, and the result was that Elizabeth Lavenza became the inmate of my parents’ house–my more than sister–the beautiful and adored companion of all my occupations and my pleasures.

Beautiful and adored: rose musk, white gardenia, English pear, vanilla bean, red currant, and honey.

In the bottle:
Pear! I love pear notes, so this is a good thing.

Wet:
Pear and florals. This quickly becomes mostly floral on me, which is generally a not-so-good thing. I love rose and carnation, but beyond that I'm not much of a florals girl.

Drydown:
As it's drying down, it goes "WHOA, FLORAL!" on me. I'm guessing that's the gardenia, because I know what rose smells like and this ain't it.

Dry:
Dry, this isn't offensively floral, but I was hoping for a little more pear, musk, and creamy rose from this blend. As it is, I'm smelling a bit of pear, something sweet and creamy, and then a lot of gardenia. I'm going to hold onto this in the hope that it smooths out with age, but if it doesn't, I think it's a no for me.

Edited to add description.
Edited by n3m3sis42

WOW this is strong! Be careful...I spilled a little too much on my arm, and with most scents this wouldn't be much of a problem, but this became so strong I had to wash it off. Not that it was bad...just so strong it was giving me a bad headache.

Once properly dabbed on...this is lovely and gorgeous. :wub2: At first I thought it reminded me of a floral Fee, but my stuffy nose must be confusing the pear with the melon of Fee (it has been about 5 years since I even smelled that!). It is very fruity at first, but after wearing it a few hours it is mostly gardenia and rose with the pear right behind. I don't really get vanilla, but it is well rounded and creamy and I suppose that's the vanilla's doing. I really like this and think I'll wear it again tomorrow...but just a smidge! ;)

My initial impression was that there is plum in here. Maybe it's just the certain combination of fruits, but overall, it makes me think of the colour purple. It's also a bit musky in the vial. Wet, the gardenia comes to the front. After about five minutes, the rose starts taking over, but to be fair, my skin tends to amp most of the rose that Beth uses. The fruits have completely vanished and this has turned into a heady musky floral. Ultimately, the rose has stabilized and become the star of this blend.

In the bottle: Fruits and florals, with some sweetness.

Wet: The pear comes forward.

The dry-down: There's not really a note here that I don't like. The rose musk is a very beautiful musk, and seems to become the major note in the drying process. But all the other notes are there, if only so well-blended that it's a bit difficult to ID them one at a time. Red currant can amp on me, but is behaving itself so far. The bf really likes this, so a back-up bottle is on my list. :)

Sniff: Light and fruity, undercurrent of sweet musk

Wet: Becomes increasingly floral as it heats up on my skin. It's a spring-like floral, bright and uplifting, mixed with sweet pear candy. Honey usually doesn't work on me, but this blend doesn't seem to have the heavy sourness I often get from honey. Instead, this smells like a softer, more floral version of the Perilous Parlor.

Dry: Shimmery musky pear and powdery white flowers. Very pretty and feminine - I like it!

I wish I had a more positive review for Beautiful and Adored.I like it, it's just doesn't seem like something I'd wear. Pear pops out first, and there's a minute of worry over whether it will go acetone-y (pear can be weird on me), and then the flowers kick in: rosy at first, with the gardenia emerging later. The honey, currant and vanilla stay in the background. I prefer sweet and foody over floral, so I'll probably pass this one along.

Beautiful and Adored is not what I was expecting. On my skin it's rose musk and sweet redcurrants. It's strong and a little goes a long way. I was expecting a more subtle, softer floral scent but this is almost fruity. I like it, but I would probably only wear it for certain occasions, or when I feel like wearing a stronger scent.

Beautiful and Adored: I received a sniffie of this as a frimp in a sale package. Hoping there's enough to test...

In the decant, it makes me think of tea with hibisicus making it tart, and some honey added to sweeten it. Tea isn't a listed note, but that's the overall impression I get.

This is pretty much dry, but I rubbed the imp wand on my arm and did get a bit to test. The florals are going soapy in a big way. I'm getting powdery, honey-sweet, soapy florals. This smells like a nice soap, but still soap. It's a pretty scent, but I don't think it's something I would really wear. Would love it in a soap though! *pokes Puddin*

When I first got the imp of Beautiful and Adored, I wasn't sure I was going to like it. I couldn't tell if it was going to be a hit or miss (from the description, without scent yet). I'm glad I gave it a chance and a proper test!

Imp: floral, but not the obnoxious kind I can often hate, and it can be quickly brought in with the fruits and vanilla.

Wet: Yum! The rose musk must not be much "rose", because they usually kill it for me. The gardenia is a gorgeous flower, so that's working. Nothing other than "floral" takes hold at this point.

Dry: The floral and a touch of honey, but none of the others are playing along. I expected more from the vanilla and pear since they work so well on other scents together, but they don't come out on me.

2+ hours later: The vanilla starts to work it's way out, which is a surprise, and lovely. As a whole it has mellowed into a very feminine and wearable scent.

Hubby spoke up and told me he really liked this one before I'd even asked, which sealed it in as a 5mL.

Hmm, I get mostly rose musk and honey. Very feminine, subtle, pretty. Not really a winter scent though;

Recieved this as a sniffie, but there was just enough to test!

In bottle: Rosy, musky. A gentle honey scent underneath a creamy floral. Here's hoping it doesn't go straight honey!

On Skin: This is simply beautiful, a decidedly feminine scent. The notes all play so nicely off one another, I can't quite pick anything out. There's almost an orangey, juicy undertone over something heady and luxurious.

Drydown: Still can't pick out notes! I just love this scent. It's heady without being cloying.

Verdict: I wish I had more. I would definitely wear this on an elegant night out, when I wanted to be alluring and mysterious for whatever reason :D

Got this as a frimp with an eBay order. The first few times I sniffed it, I put it away without skin testing it because it was a bit too girly/department store perfume-y for me. But on my skin, WOW. I don't know if I'm having a good skin chem day or what, but after the rose musk settles down, the honey and pear bloom into something really, really beautiful. It's dried down into a nice, sweet fruity-floral scent. Not even the currant wrecks this one for me. Gorgeous. :wub2: I'll hang onto this one.

For me, Beautiful and Adored was one of those scents that smelled ridiculously good in the bottle, but was underwhelming when skin tested. On first sniff it focuses on all the notes I love: the creamy vanilla, juicy pear, rich red currant and luscious honey. I can pick them all out and it's SO. YUM. Yet as it dries the florals take over, and I'm pretty much only left with the gardenia and rose musk. There's a hint of pear and honey remaining, but it's mostly a floral party. Not "bad," but unfortunately not me.

Your-skin-but-better for me. Getting a bit of rose (thank GOD my skin tends to amp that), honey and pear mostly. Slightly commercial, but deep/interesting enough to be sniffing my arm a good amount of times. Very beautiful indeed.