Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

First sniff: Fruity berries. "I like that a LOT." Bright?

Wearing: A very pretty berry scent, lasted all night and strong enough to smell through my exploding sinuses the first time I tried it. This one has since gone on my "gotta rebuy" list. If y'all are familiar with the Republic of Tea, Bewitched smells like a softer, darker version of their Blackberry Sage. Entirely edible.

This is a scent that proves you can't judge a scent out of the bottle. At first whiff, I thought this was too heavy and perfumy for me. I thought before swapping I would give it a go. It smells absolutely gorgeous on my skin. It is very berry like, but has undertones that make it a bit dark. Very sweet and sexy!

I love Bewitched. It goes only slightly berry-ish on me, it's a very deep green/dark purple smell on me. I get images of a group of witches or dark faeries dressed in purple playing in a dark forrest at sunset. It's quite lovely, have to hide it from my sister. Not one I would normally have gone for, but it works with my skin.

Someone else said it on the Lush forums... this really is the scent of blackberry sage tea! Truly lovely. I imagine a wise crone scented like this from crushing herbs in her mortar and pestle, or perhaps this is the scent of a witches brew cooling in her cauldron.

This one has the same kind of sweet smell that Blood Rose and Lady Macbeth both have, but is much less sweet over all. I really love this one as it is similar to Lady Macbeth, but not quite as heavy. It does have the fruity smell of blackberries but the sage and green tea balance it out to be slightly woody and herbal. I can't really smell the musk at all. This is another one I will be buying a bottle of I think!

So getting a 10ml of this! Nice vivid berry without too much sweetness, with a nice herby layer to it. Not heavy (so long as i dont go overboard putting it on), smells like bottled magic to me... Perfect every day scent for me i think.

See, I'm having a completely different reaction to this scent. It /does/ smell like the Blackberry & Sage tea (which I love, and was the original reason for my ordering it), but much sweeter. Like candy. Out of the bottle, I imagine this is how a particularly delicious magic potion would smell. Sparkly, almost crystaline, like candy... but with woodsy undertones.

On me, it mellows and deepens but I still can not decide if it's /too/ sweet. It's right on that edge. All I know is that I can't stop sniffing at my wrists and, frankly, the scent makes me feel happy. I love it. I'm not sure it's an everyday scent, but I'm sure it's a keeper.

I ordered this because I remember a "Mountain Berry" perfume I had when I was 12 years old or so, and I loved that scent and haven't been able to find any others like it. When I read the other reviews on here, I was really pleased to hear that it smelled like the Blackberry Sage tea that I adore. But really, this scent doesn't quite smell like either of these two things to me, and I love it all the same.

In the Bottle

When I first took a whiff of this, I immediately smelled the berries, but not as such. It was more of a generic, sweet, candy smell that had berry undertones. I was actually nervous at this point, because there was a similar smell in Kitsune-Tsuki, which turned out horribly for me. There were also some woodsy/spicey scents underneath the candy sweetness, but not very strong. But I put it on anyway, biting my lip and hoping that it would work.

Wearing It

Almost immediately the scent changed on my skin. The sweetness died down to a weak undertone, and the scent of the berries came out strongly. The woodsy/spiceyness picked up also, and the result was that I was really reminded of the smell of a baking blackberry pie, while it's still in the oven -- but maybe if you were baking it in a cabin tucked away in a lush summer canopy.

The scent itself wasn't especially strong on application. When I tried out Scherezade, for example, I really had to wait for it to mellow out. This one went on mellow and smooth, and makes me me feel warm, luscious, and sultry -- at the same time, I also feel comforted, like being six and having my mom cooking in the kitchen. It's still noticeable without having to smell my wrists, but I've been sniffing them every ten seconds anyhow, because it just smells so good.

I haven't been wearing this for too long, so I guess I'll have to wait until later in the day to find out how long it lasts. I'll also be going to Aikido practice, so it's anyone's guess how excercise will morph the scent. I'll edit this later with updates.

Either way, this really exceeded my expectation. I was hoping for something that might live up to my cherished memory of Mountain Berry, but this is better. It has all the woodsiness that the previous scent had, but it makes it warmer, and more inviting. It has the same yummyness as the Blackberry Sage tea, but sweeter and less sagey. Both of those scents were my ideals, but Bewitched actually improved upon them. This is definitely going on my list of favorites.

In the bottle I thought this smelled a lot like Bordello .. actually not quite as sweet .. something kind of held it back.

I put it on, and instantly liked it though. It's not quite as sweet as Bordello is .. maybe just not as Nerds-y or something. I definitely smell the berry scent .. I have a hard time separating notes, but the berry I think is what gives it the sweet scent. I can also detect what I think is the musk, and I think that's what changes it from the Bordello, especially on me. This is much fruitier ... not a scent I would wear a lot of, but definitely one that has its chance to shine once in a while.

As a side note, this went really sweet on Jason. Really sweet, and stayed that way. And while that wasn't a bad thing, necessarily, it was almost like smelling a popsicle .. that kind of sweet. And I don't think either of us want him to smell like that. he can still with Villain. *winks*

Edited by TygherRayn

Bewitched

Bewitched has failed to bewitch me. The initial stage is okay, I guess, when all of the various ingredients are playing their part. At least then it smells like wild berries growing in the woods -- wild berries that have yet to ripen fully. But in the latter stages all I'm left with is an overly sweet, overly ripe BERRY! scent. Nothing but berries. I'm not exactly a berry girl. Every time I catch a whiff of myself I'm reminded of the berry body spray my 13-year-old cousin wears. Now that I think of it, maybe I'll see if she likes Bewitched. I mean, this could be a winner for a berry fan such as herself.

Edited by riddel

At first, I liked this a lot. It reminded me of a darker Rosalind, which is one of my favorites - dark green and blackberry instead of grass and flowers/berries.

However, there's something in the musk/sage/berry combination that goes vaguely stomach-turning on me after a while, and I can't deal with it, so it's been swapped.

Edited by isyche

In the bottle- I can smell the tea and what reminds me of a berry tree- the leaves of it, not the fruit. I didn't know if I would like it because I was getting a faint, bitter "afterwhiff" after picking out some woodsy sort of notes.

On me- Changed to blackberry. Sweet, ripe, freshly picked while still in the woods blackberry. It was nostalgic too, because I swear I could smell one of my old Strawberry Shortcake dolls. No bitter aftersmell on me.

I am more of a spicy scent girl. But this is a nice change, when would want something light.

Maybe this could be layered with Baron Samedi....

I got this through the wonderful Joans. In the bottle it was berrylicious, very berry-sweet, with a hint of green.

On my wrist the green/sage smell came through stronger, and I wavered between like/don't like for a little. It mellowed and deepened, and I began to catch the berries again. I loved how it changed.

However..it started fading fast. Before I knew it it was a sweet berry/musk smell that stuck very close to my skin. It's very pleasant, but it's not a 'loud' scent. I'm definitely keeping it, but I may need to wear a bit more than I usually do. I wear this in a little glass vial, around my neck, so I can also get a hint now and then of the berries from the cork.

I loved Bewitched, which is surprising because I usually don't go for the sweet, fruity scents; it works well with my skin, though, and lasts quite a long time on me.

When I wear this, I picture ancient plant dust drifting lazily through a ray of afternoon sunlight hitting a woodland floor. A swell of sweet but not overpowering wildberries rises up from the underbrush. The lively innocence of the berries is anchored by a somber forest wisdom.

It is a perfect scent for summer, and as the berries mature, the scent fairly glows. I would definitely get more of this!

:P This is very nice. Someone compared this to Dewberry from the Body Shop, and I agree that they share similar qualities. It's a nice berry scent, and I like the green note in this as well.

I don't think this will become my daily fragrance. I am still experimenting with BPAL and trying to land on the perfect one for me.

However, this is a terrific gift idea for my mom, who is really into berry smells.

In the bottle, Bewitched smells like vanilla and honey, maybe a bit of a lemon smell in there as well. Have I mentioned yet how much I love these scents? Mmm.

On me, it has a crisper scent than in the bottle, lemon scent that is made crisp with the vanilla. The honey comes out in that radient glow that honey usually does on my skin. Mmmm....In love.

I adore this scent. Light, and sweet, without being that sickeningly sweet smell. I don't detect any berries whatsoever until around an hour. And then there is a slight raspberry scent mixed in with the honey. Mmmm. Definately a keeper.

in the vial: a cough drop...a berry flavored herby one with a tinge of menthol.

wet, on my skin: I'm picturing a magical forest inside my head. Not that it smells piney or anything, but it smells like something someone in tune with nature would wear. A good witch. :D It still smells like berries and herbs, but not in a candylike way at all. It's very subtle and beautiful, and there's something golden about it, around the edges. This is very feminine, and when I say that, I mean it's feminine energy, not "girly'. This perfume reminds me of Bjork for some reason... :D Maybe because I'm thinking of little wood nymphs running through the forest... :P This is DEFINITELY going to be a big bottle, every day scent for me.

drying, on my skin: Smells like some kind of incredible tea. This is a long laster. :D

First Sniff

Very sweet berries, I was hoping for this to be much sharper.

Drydown

Ooooooh this is like a tart fruity cough syrup. I don't often get scent 'visions' yet I'm reminded of Mary Poppins giving the medicine to Jane and Michael!

After a While

This keeps changing one sniff means sweet berries, the next is blackberry and herbs. Either way is lovely!

Final Verdict

Alas in the final stages this turned sickly sweet. The lasting power is poor on me too. I shall probably give it another chance is it's very warm here at the moment and that may have influenced the poor performance but I fear this has failed to live up to my expectations. Sob.

ETA Since reviewing this is now one of my favourite blends and a very likely a future 5ml! :P

Edited by Donnababe

Berrylicious! At first, this was berries, with something calming it down. Maybe white musk (not the body heat sort of musk, but what keeps it from getting ragingly sweet like Bordello definitely has a white light)? I get an image of nice witches frolicking. After a while, it seems more like berries, with fresh green leaves peeping out. Altogether, very pleasant.

In the vial: As someone else said, berrylicious!

Wet: Berrylicious, with a hint of green herbs and perhaps some vanilla. It is sort of similar to Rosalind, but I like it better. Less green and more berry, I think.

The color it evokes is a deep purple.

On drydown, the berry scent fades a bit and the herbal accents come through. I am totally loving this! On my 5 ml list it goes!

In bottle: Green and herbally; not a hint of berry. It definitely makes me think of the edges of a forest, where the light still shines through the trees and there are wildflowers growing in the shafts of sunlight.

On me: There's the berries! They pop out after a few minutes. Overall the fragrance reminds me of Blackberry soda. Definitely a favorite.

I like this one very, very much. Typically I tend to go for spicier scents, but this one just made me happy. It reminds me very much of childhood... My Little Ponies and Strawberry Shortcake dolls. Not in a fake, plasticky way... in the best way possible.

Big bottle, please!

I was surprised by how much I liked Bewitched. I've tried other BPALs containing dark musk (Hecate, Phantom) and was put off by the rawness of this particular note. But in Bewitched, it is blended so well with the fruity and green components such that no one component dominates the scent. On me, the sweetness of the berries and the freshness of the green tea and sage peek through the dark musk, just enough to smooth it out and brighten it up. Unexpectedly lovely - I would consider buying a 5 ml of this.

I got this as a freebie from the lab, so when I first wore it, I didn't even know what was in it. And the first thing I thought was, "Man, this is good on me!"

It has a sweet berry scent, as has been noted :P , but it is so light and fragrant it's amazing to me. I didn't know a berry would work one me so well, as cherry just rots and goes cloying. So, for anyone wanting to try a nice berry scent but you think cherries and currants just don't work, you may give this one a go. :D