Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

Berries and a cool note here. This reminds me a little of winter, I don't know if it's the sage or the green tea. The musk here was really light, not overt in the slightest. I liked this, but I'm not really a fan of the berry scents so I don't know how often this will really go into rotation. Edited by crebbsgirl

This one's interesting. It's a very deep berry scent. Not bright like Jester really.

It's not bad but I find it's a bit lacking in sweetness maybe and it's too deep and dark when really I want light and fluffy. And as it dries it goes a bit funny and plasticy.

2.5/5 OK but not for me.

In the bottle: I can detect the greens. They aren't sharp, but maybe my sense of smell has been dulled. It's fruity, but not in a overwhelming way. There is also something very tangy within the scent... Pleasant.

On skin: The first thing that hits me is the green aspect of the perfume. Then the sweet blackberries pack a sudden punch. Afterwards, the scents just sort of merge together. Where did the blackberry go? What's left is the smell of the wild berries and-I think-sage. I don't know why, but for the time that the blackberry lasted on my skin, my insides just felt fuzzy... Like someone showered me with compliments or the feeling you get when you really, really adore someone. Maybe it's just me? What do they put in this stuff, anyway?

Final verdict? It smells much better in the bottle and for the first few minutes. My skin likes eating the notes I like. :cry2:

Wet on skin this reminds me of one of my favourite teas when I was younger, black forest fruit tea. I don't drink it anymore, because it smelled much better than it tasted. Luckily, with BPAL the taste doesn't matter. :)

After drydown, the blackberry fades a bit to the background, giving some room for the musk to come out. At this stage, the scent on the whole is much less strong, but it stays at this intensity for quite some time!

Very nice, indeed. Sweet, but not overly foody or cloying, with a nice warm musky background.

I thought I'd reviewed this already, but apparently not, so here goes.

In imp: Sweet, gently fruity, reminds me of blackberries, or possibly blackberry fromage frais as it's almost creamy. Also, fresh, pleasant and green, very like an English hedgerow. Very pretty, but last time I tried this it faded quickly into something I couldn't smell.

On: Pretty, faint, green and blackberries. There's still a definite creaminess to it, reminding me of a berry-scented moisturiser I had a while back. It kind of makes me crave berry yoghurts. It doesn't really morph much while drying, but I keep catching whiffs of a lovely fresh sage sort of smell, green rather than sweet.

Bewitched does get quite a lot fainter over time, but not so much that I can't smell it and I keep smelling blackberries, so it must work somewhat. Overall, a nice gentle berry perfume which does pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. I shall wear this again.

I adore this blend. Berries and green tea with a herbal bite. It is dewy, refreshing, wet and very fruity. Bewitched has a bubbly feel to it as well. Almost like there is champagne inside. I swear if I could drink it I would. It is simply straight up a berry green tea ice tea. Musk really does not play any part in this blend, so I wonder if it is my skin chemistry.

Edited by Schmoozy

A new summer favorite! Ripe, sweet blackberries with sage tea. DEFINITELY feminine... makes me feel a little coy.

In the imp: Fruit backed by tea

Wet on skin: I'm not getting a noticeable berry scent; it's mostly generic fruit. And the tea is AWOL...

Dry on skin: Well, the good news is that the sage never appears (it's always terrible on my skin). Bad news: the berries are more like Fruit Roll Ups than real berry. Sad!

Bewitched was the scent that made me realize I amp sage. It's basically sage and heavy dark musk on me. Disappointing, as I'd been hoping for something like the Republic of Tea's Blackberry Sage.

In bottle: Definitely a “woodland” smell – musky sagey berry.

On me, wet: First the piney woodsy scent is dominant, and then the berries come out more.

On me, drying: Pleasantly complex. There’s one sharp note in there that is not entirely to my liking – if Bewitched as a whole conjures up images of the woods, the sharp note is a splash of animal spray in one of the bushes. It’s pretty faint, though.

Verdict: A neat one. I’ll put it in the “good” pile.

Wet this is strongly a blackberry scent but the sage pushes through from underneath. The blackberry is zingy and the sage softly furry.

A few minutes later i am getting an almost lime scent with my nose six inches from my wrist, nearer, more berryish. The throw seems good. I don't get the scent of a real woodland here, more like a play set in a woodland, if plays scented their sets, this one would be scenting A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Ten minutes later a more woodsy scent is peeking through. I like this a lot, it's fresh and fruity but not sickly sweet. A summer scent.

ETA-my skin is ruining this I think, this has, twenty minutes after review, gone much much sweeter, it's like fruits of the forest yogurt, and the manly powdery dark musk is starting to assert its presence. I don't like this so much anymore. (Note to self - wait longer before reviewing)

Edited again:Over 24 hours and a shower later, and I am all allergy-ish today too so my nose is not good, there is still a semblance of this on my skin, this has staying power! Also, it got through the dreaded yogurt phase eventually. This is something I might just wear occasionally, I'd wear it more if it smelt how it does now at the beginning.

Edited by cinnamonmel

Blackberry tea, with something darker. (Dark musk, perhaps? :P)

Its very light and fresh, and I barely get any sage at all (which is how I like it.)

It seems pretty much as advertised- blackberry tea with a bit of sage. I do think the dark musk adds a bit more, but I always love that note. It's nice and fresh without being overly sweet. I only wish it didn't disappear so quickly on my skin. It's really nice while it lasts.

I was pretty nervous about this one. I'm allergic to sage. So, bad things could happen. So, I tried it with a benedryl at my side.

In the bottle: DARK/musky berries, definitely sage tickling my nose w/its sharp aroma, lipton green tea

Wet: See above, but it's starting to smell a little wild.

Dry: Very sagey now. & The musk is unfurling (either there's musk or something in here that turns to musk on me) & they're duking it out amongst the berries. The site is itching a little any my nose is getting stuffy. So, I'm going to wash it off.

I like the idea of this. It's just it doesn't work for me. *itch itch*

Edit to add: Post washing & benedryl, the berries & a little musk faintly remain. Very pretty.

Edited by Lemonlife

Sweet forest scents with a good dash of berry in it . The sage dries the scent ot a bit and the musk roils around in the background. Very natural scent, but unfortunately it fades pretty quick on me. I'll have to keep testing this one.

I got this in an imp lot from another BPal person. I think it must be pretty aged. No much left in the imp, and the label is well worn, more so than most of the others. The aging process must have toned down the berry, because I couldn't even smell it at first. Now that it's warmed up, I can smell them. These are now mellow berries.

I think I would have loved it more when it was fresh, but it's still very nice.

In the imp: sharp and green, almost piney. Definitely forest-esque.

Wet: Very, very green. Like sticking my face in a fern. :huh:

Dry: The green-ness is gone, and now it's... pretty much Bordello. Slightly sharper and less creamy/vanilla than Bordello, with the green tea replacing the amaretto, but I swear it's the same berry note. I thought my nose was off or my skin chemistry was doing something really odd, because they don't seem to directly share any notes, but I see that others have made the comparison so now I know I'm not crazy. :lol:

Verdict: ...um, well, Bordello is my number one favorite BPAL scent, but since I already own a bottle of it, I'm not sure I need something that smells so similar. I was hoping for a more forest-y scent, more balanced between berries and greenery, but apparently my skin wants to grab hold of the berry and toss out everything else. Oh well.

At first it's a bit of musk and sage and then it's sweet blackberry and some sage. For blackberry (blackberry leaf technically) I love lady una, this is like a slightly less sweet and more green version.

Berry, berry, and berry. I don't know if what I'm smelling is the blackberry or the "wild berries", but that's all I smell. I wonder if the greenery is providing some depth or not, since I don't smell it, but the berry isn't super sweet or fake. It's a lovely scent, but I wonder if I might find more use of the imp layering rather than wearing it on its own.

One of my favourites! In the imp it smells like luscious berries!

On my skin it is mostly blackberry with the musk and tea in the background. It's so beautiful, and I'm going to get a big bottle with my next order!

Thank goodness I didn't wash this off at the 10 minute mark. In the imp it's sensual, complex and I can't pin anything down. On my skin: 0-20 minutes: medicinal. Like the green herbs my grandmother rubbed on me to break my fever once. 20 minute mark and beyond: green comfort scent with berries in the background.

I forgot to review this one! It`s a little sharp and green at the start, but refreshing at the same time. On the drydown it becomes berries and tea, a duo that I consider sheer perfection especially as morning oil. I like it a lot.

In Bottle: oh, sage and berries! very promising.

Wet: more sage and berries, a hint of green tea, but no musk yet

Drydown: a notable throw on this one. From far away, I get berry notes, but up close I can smell the distinct blackberry note. The sage note has died down a bit, the green tea is only barely noticeable.

Changes as Time Elapses: mostly berries now, and the blackberry note has a habit of sticking around as a sickly sweet scent that won't leave my nose; it's rather unplesant truth be told.

Overall: nice enough, but too generically sweetly floral for me.

this smells dusty-sweet to me in the imp, &although i think i've been a bpal fan long enough to be able to sometimes detect individual notes, i cannot pick them out in this one for the life of me. it's just a beautiful dusty sweetness!

once on, however; ahhh, something i recognize. the bright, fresh scent of berries peeking out. mygod, this is so gorgeous, &it's no wonder as it contains some of my favourite notes; tea, berries, musk . . .

a sexy, sensual scent, sweet, dark berry & musk, and it lasts a long while on me. i'm almost embarrassed to admit that i'm unsure of what sage smells like, but if it's coming through, it's beautiful! there is just nothing about this oil that i don't love.

a definite keeper. ♥.