Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mooncityminx

Benevolent Triple Conjunction

BENEVOLENT TRIPLE CONJUNCTION
May 11th, 2011 saw the triple conjunction of Jupiter, Venus and Mercury in the 24th degree of Aries. Both the Greater and Lesser Benefics joined forces with the Winge’d Messenger in a helpful conspiracy to renew our faith in ourselves and each other. Our experience of this alignment was filtered through a pragmatic moon in Virgo, making it all the more possible to intuitively know what must be done if we are to bring about necessary positive change.

A celestial weather pattern like this is - if consciously directed - uniquely supportive of growth beyond those conditions in our lives that have become outmoded and stale. It was a singular moment in time during which Mercury guided the very same conversations held months ago so that they might yield far superior results, now. (So much for the definition of insanity.) Through Aries, we felt the amplified primal impulse to take decisive and effective action. It was a galvanizing current in which Venus propelled relationships forward and buoyed our tired spirits. Jupiter’s expansive energy cleared a path for new momentum in our career endeavors. But, it was all pure potential. The choices and actions were left to each of us. The same as it is with electricity, in the absence of a lamp there is no light. Without human participation, even a great moment like this can pass entirely unheeded.

We have the wisdom and good fortune to familiarize ourselves with planetary cycles in order to skillfully navigate each transient energy as it arrives. We also have the means by which to hold onto that energy if we so choose, even after an alignment has passed. We thereby recapture what would otherwise have been a missed opportunity. Beth's blend for the Benevolent Triple Conjunction is created with impeccable astrological precision on an immeasurably auspicious day. Just as one might hold an electrical charge in a battery, she has - quite literally - kept time in a bottle.

-- Forest Cobalt

This liquid talisman was created on May 11, 2011 during the conjunction of Mercury, Venus, and Jupiter in Aries. The oil unites the energies of the two Benefics with Mercury, resulting in an oil of movement, adaptability, expansion, optimism, creativity, confidence, attraction, and inspiration. It holds the qualities of positive fearlessness, expansive courage, and helps to bolster the spirit so barriers that we have erected for ourselves in the past can finally be overcome.

Through this liquid talisman, your possibilities are limitless, and reality is yours to create.

283 bottles were created.

Okayyy! It just came in the mail, and we know that isn't the best time to get the most accurate impression, right? But I have to review it now, because I'm too excited!

In the bottle: herbal and green. Ooooo, I'm excited! I want to say there is a little magnolia? in this, because it reminds me slightly of Unheavenly City

Wet: Spicy and green, something lemon-y like lemongrass, the lemon is taking over... This is very bright and sparkly. It's a little sweet but only slightly, not cloying at all. Okay, this is just the lemon-y goodness for now. *waits*

Drydown: Okay, now I am detecting some of the herbal-ness again. But it's still primarily the lemon-y.

Energetically: This is very optimistic and bright and happy. But I do get the sense that I could get some serious work done with it.

About half an hour later: Wow, this changed a lot! Now I can smell what people at Will Call had said was rosey. I'm not sure it is really rose, however. It reminds me strongly of BPTP Red Rose from the Unity set. It's really really lovely. Very beautiful!

ETA: It's been a few days and I've had time to test the results. I wore it to a party this weekend. I've had this weird subconscious thing going on when people ask me what I do for a living, and this time I manged to talk about what I'm doing confidently instead of half apologizing for being unemployed and sounding slightly defensive. I didn't even think about it beforehand, so this was totally out of the blue. Nice.

Just got this in the mail! My review might change (I've only been wearing it for 30 min), but here it is for now:

Preconceived notions: None! Bought unsniffed, yay for impulse purchases ;) I should note that I am not a fan of heavy florals, unless they are rose. I should also mention that I'm a newbie, and half the time I don't know what I'm smelling ^_^ I'm definitely in need of some courage and energy at this point in my life, and it would be nice if this TAL could help.

Wet: Magnolia. With some green-ness. Not too strong, more like one or two magnolias rather than the whole tree in bloom.

Drydown: Still magnolia, but with a hint of some other floral behind it - maybe jasmine?

30 minutes: uh... this might be scent association, but I'm definitely getting a little bit of incense (jasmine, incense, and sandalwood are a little intertwined in my mind). The magnolia is pretty much gone, but there's a hint of another floral undertone, that I want to say is jasmine, but I'm not sure.

Conclusion: Can't say much about whether Benevolent Triple Conjunction does what it's meant to yet, but I do like the smell. Florals are not something I usually reach for, but this one is pretty and not an in-your-face floral.

Edited by cheetah_pita

I don't really get any magnolia. First on it's a bit sharp (lavender? lemongrass?). I recognize it but can't place it. Do I detect a hint of rose? Definitely some lemon action going on. It's vaguely reminiscent of some of the sleep blends. It's pretty, and that's always a plus for an oil where the main intent isn't even to smell good.

In terms of scent, I think I get mostly herbs with a background floral note that might be magnolia. It certainly has that slightly creamy quality which is barely detectable under the herbs.

I haven't used this for anything yet, but I can already tell that this is going to be good. First off, I'm a Taurus and my birthday was the day before the triple conjunction. I've been feeling so drained and awful today - I even tried an extra cup of coffee but nothing helped. I put a few dabs of this on and within a couple of minutes, I felt so energized. I'm looking forward to using it and reporting back with the results. :D

Edited by GypsyRoseRed

Oh, sigh sigh sigh.

This has lemon in it - I don't think it's lemon grass, but lemon balm. It's the sweet citrusy lemon that I amp to high heavens. When I first put this on my wrist, I get a touch - a TOUCH - of lavender and herbs greens until it is all overwhelmed by the evil and insidious lemon. As it dries down, I get a bit of the rose, but then it is just lemony rose.

cries.

Edited by Ellebelle

In The Bottle: I'm getting what I think others have described as magnolia- a soft, very gentle floral- but to me it smells like ylang ylang. Very soft and lovely. I also get a touch of lavender and a light touch of that herbal greenery. Overall initial impressions are very soft, gentle and sweet.

Wet On Skin: Yes, the lemon is coming out. This reminds me of a cakey lemon, like the strawberry Shortcake Lemon Merangue dolls. It's sweet and lemony, but again, very gentle. It's also reminicient of Mustella Baby Perfume, which I used to spray myself with during hot NYC summers. Very light and not over bearing :D

Dry Down: Lemon-Baby's Breath-Musk.

In All: Medium throw, not overpowering in the least. This gives me the same comforting feeling I get from wearing TAL's White Light and also a similar "comfort" vibe that I get from Dragon's Milk. I've only had it on a short while, so I don't know yet about long-term talismanic benefit, but it's off to a beautiful start!

Glad I have a bottle of this special blend! :wub2:

This one is an odd one, but in a good way.

I've played with it every day since I got it (this past Saturday, so 3 days now), and it's a bit different every single time.

I get a whole LOT of rose every time, which isn't one of my favorites, but I've been putting up with it. For the first 2 days, it stayed very flowery, with a bit of something sweet to it. Somewhat different both days, but along the same lines. Today, I'm getting the lemon that people seem to be picking up, along w/the rose still, and I actually really like it. Which is good, because I get some mega throw on this.

As for what it does...I have to say that as son as I put it on, it's like INSTANT happy! At first I thought maybe it was just me really hoping it would do that, but today I was in a hellish mood, grumpy as all get out, annoyed that my fiance was making me leave the house and be social because I really just wanted to stay home and be lazy. I opened up my bpal drawer, thought 'why not?', and dabbed a bit on again today. Mood = instantly better, as soon as it touched my skin. And not just 'okay I can handle this today now', but more 'let's DO this! Wheeeeeee!!!'

This'll be one I'll be using only when I need it I think (I'm always afraid I'll come to rely on these things, or 'wear them out' I guess), but I'm so glad I got a bottle (004, for anyone curious ^_^)!!!

Not to sound like a broken record.. but this is a very interesting one!

When I first put this on I get a spicy citrus zing. Its similar to lemongrass, but on me its more-so on the very fresh, very spicy, ginger side. And actually, that is exactly what I get for the first 5 minutes. A spicy, lemony ginger.

After the ginger mellows, I get the rose, and thats about it. Its going back and forth from "hey, i'm ginger" and "hey, I'm rose".

After about an hour, I still get the fresh ginger and rose, but I'm also starting to get a bit of creaminess and a different, more floral, spicy note. Its smelling like a nice sweet and soft lavender is creating the creamy note, and this new spicy quality is reminding me of the spiciness from some jasmine scents. This very nice combo lasted for a good 6 hours, then softly faded into a creamy, slightly sweet, floral musk.

Overall, this is what I've experienced (scent-wise).

Wet:Spicy fresh ginger

Dry: fresh ginger and rose

Finish: perfectly blended ginger, rose, creamy lavender, and spicy jasmine. A soft and sweet scent, with the tiniest spicy edge. This is very nice, however its not a #1 for me, mainly due to the rose-y note. I do, however, still really like it!

The TAL aspect seems to be pretty accurate as well. Many of the "enhancements" have been nicely amplified, most obviously the positive fearlessness.

I haven't used this in a ritual yet, so this is based simply on scent.

It is lemony. Not lemon per se, but lemongrass or lemon balm, or something like that. It's not as sharp as lemongrass can be, so lemon balm might be a better guess. It actually very much reminds me of the "citronella" lemon scent geraniums I have. It is bright and bold, and there is something creamy and herbal underneath that. It reminds me of some of the TAL scents to induce creativity.

I decided to check out some of the possible herbal correspondences, and this is what I came up with:

Lemon balm is tied to Venus, so this makes sense, actually. It is tied to healing, friendship, love and success. Another source mentions it as ruled by venus, but loved by bees, which are ruled by mars, so that makes sense to have it in this blend. Yet another claims it is ruled by Jupiter, so take your pick.

Lemongrass is tied to mercury, and is used for spiritual growth, psychic powers and purification, so that is also a possibility, though I'm still wanting to guess lemonbalm, but who knows, maybe a bit of both! Lavender is also tied to mercury, and is used for visions, dreamwork, protection, among other things.

Magnolia is tied to Venus as well, as is the rose. Rose is used mostly in love magic.

Those are the notes I'm guessing could be in here. I actually don't get a lot of rose, so I'm not entirely sure it is rose, but it could be. Or it could be magnolia. The floral aspect is quite light to me.

I get mostly a lemony herbal scent, which I feel is more likely lemon balm than lemongrass, but who knows? also a creamy floral. I didn't get much lavender, so I wasn't thinking it was in there, but when I sniffed the bottle again, I got just a hint of it in that first sniff--lemony herbal something that also could be lavender, though the lavender is not overpowering, and indeed, doesn't show up on me at all when I put it on.

I definitely do not get ginger. I like ginger, but don't get it in this at all.

I like it, and look forward to exploring its ritual uses.

Edited by cuervosueno

Scent impressions:

I'm not all that great at telling certain kinds of florals apart from each other, but this is most certainly a lemony-floral blend. In the bottle it seems like a musky floral, maybe lavender or lily. On my skin a completely different aspect emerges and it smells like a heady mix of florals, like standing in a garden - and over the top of that is a tart but green sort of scent and it does remind me of when I've pinched lemongrass or lemon balm in my fingers, how it's kind of planty-green but also lemony. I'm usually pretty aware of rose in a blend, but I'm not noticing any in here. After a while the more mellow florals re-emerge and it really softens up when the lemon zing wears off.

I bought BTC for its utilitarian purpose and I will enjoy using it in that context, the scent is also pleasant.

I'm not very good (even after all these years) at describing scent. Yes, I can pick the scent apart and tell you I smell the rose, ginger and light musk with a pinch of lavender thrown in. Something bright, a warming sun on a shadowy day. But how this makes me feel is like a Disney heroine,with all the birds flittering around whistling their merry tunes and the little animals gathering around, like this.

full disclosure: this gave me a headache that put me to bed and no inspire-y goodness. damned allergies.

review: reminded me of a plummy version of follow me boy...jasmine, dry herbs, musk, some sort of citrus, and succulent summer fruits. i got the fleeting initial sense of magnolia as some others did, but i think it was the jasmine and the fruits combining into that particular aroma. didn't discern any ginger or lavender, but it did have an incisive bite that was reminiscent of either of those notes. the scent was pleasing. i wish i'd been able to endure it long enough to reap the benefits...

I didn't purchase this as a perfume - I love Beth's TAL scents and respect their power, and when I saw the description I knew that I needed this oil! I'm grateful that it's a lovely rosy herbal scent but quite honestly for me the scent is secondary to the intent behind it.

We recently adopted a beautiful Boxer/Pit Bull mix puppy from a rescue and although she is the new love of my life, she is a LOT of work! One way I've been dealing with my fibro is by minimizing stress and trying to maintain a healthy balance between activity and rest, but a lot of times that devolved into moving as little as possible when I'm having a flare. Having a puppy is the best exercise EVER, but unfortunately I found myself constantly exhausted and worn down by the cleaning, training and walking she requires on a daily basis, not to mention the patience needed.

This morning I knew she needed walking and I was not feeling it. It's cold and rainy and everything hurt. I applied some of the oil to my heart and on a crystal I've been wearing and set out with my shoulders back and head high! It was a great walk, the rain held off for the duration and I wasn't even sore when we got home. The confidence and happiness I felt during what is usually a activity I dread because of how sore it leaves me was amazing, magical. I felt like myself again, like I did before I developed this fucked-up disease. It's an hour later and I still feel calm, centered and capable of whatever the day throws at me.

I'm so glad I was able to get a bottle of Benevolent Triple Conjunction. I'm going to use it on my crystals and on my conjure bags, and treasure having and using my little bottle of positive lightning. :)

Oooh! This one works great!

I had such an awful day at work yesterday since it seemed like I couldn't do anything right. I developed a huge backlog of stuff to do, and left work feeling quite depressed. This morning I thought it would be a great time to try Triple Conjunction since it seemed like today would be a repeat of yesterday. Instead.... things worked out awesomely! I kept up with all the work and didn't make any major mistakes! Woot! I was in high spirits all day and things just seemed.... happy.

As for the scent, I can't remember smelling anything except for rose and a bit of lemon. An interesting combo that really raised my spirits! :wub2:

I only get a faint buzz of gardenia from this and not much else. I didn't get an energy hit that I noticed or anything else. I'll have to come back to this one a bit later.

At first sniff, I get a very 'tea' like scent, which has a hint of lemon. Very quickly its becoming more lemony and fresh, more herbal, and less 'tea'. But there is just a teeny hint of spiciness, although I'm not terribly good at discerning notes :D I'll be updating this periodically throughout the day as I make sense of my impressions.

ETA: I reapplied (read: slathered again) before leaving for work, and that's probably the reason why it's still sticking around 4+ hours later. I wouldn't necessarily describe the scent right now as lemony, but it's very perky and a bit warm. I have to get right up to my skin to even detect it however. I do feel very energized and creative so far today - but this also could be a result of the two energy drinks I've already had >_>

Again, like 13, this is a lovely scent that I wasn't sure about at first. It fades to almost nothing quickly enough that I'm not sure how often I would wear it. Will do another test in a few days before making up my mind whether it's a keeper.

Edited by toku

In bottle: sparkly lemon

On skin: lots of bright lemon with a sprinkling of white flowers

Half-hour later: mellowed into more of a lemon-tea scent, like Crib Girls

In conclusion: this lasts all day on me, no need to reapply, and smells clean and sparky. I've worn this all week as work's been weird -- lots of people are leaving or moving, making my desk seem adrift. I've been using this for a semblance of calm and a jolt of confidence. I'm really glad I got a bottle of this, I predict a lot of wear.

i knew i had to get this because my own natal mercury/venus are at 26 aries, pretty much conjunct this conjunction! when first applied, this smells like an herbal-lemon scent, but it quickly morphs into a lemony-floral. i cannot place the floral, so it may be magnolias as others have stated above. it's a soft, white floral scent with just a tinge of sweetness. hard to explain, but this is like a subtle-floral-skin scent. it is not a skin musk or anything, but reminds me of a skin/hair scent, like the scent of something alive...hard to articulate.

i just put this on this morning, but i do feel kind of a mood boost from it. it seems comforting yet motivating at the same time, and very familiar for some reason, but i cannot place it. i look forward to using this one and will cherish my bottle. :)

I bought this for a couple of reasons.. one being curiosity, and the other being the words "Through this liquid talisman, your possibilities are limitless, and reality is yours to create." I'm a big fan of creating my own reality, so BTC was a must-buy.

Scent-wise, it's not really my thing at all. On my skin, it's a lemon-lavender-herbal-rose blend that has quite a lively tone - it definitely has an energy about it. But the lemon is quite sharp, and the rose (dark pink rose, maybe?) is amping on me as it always does. It dries down quite nicely after about 30 minutes, and loses its initial sharpness - I think there might be a hint of a light coloured musk in here - but still.. mainly a lemony-rose.

So it's not really something I will enjoy wearing as a perfume, but.. I am willing to spend my day in a lemony-rose haze of stinkiness if it gives me positive fearlessness and expansive courage, and bolsters my spirit. I'm going to wear it all day at work - today being a particularly heinous smorgasbord of meetings, budgets, cat wrangling and deadlines - and maybe it will give me some strength. And if not.. well, reality is highly overrated anyway :)

I'm probably not a typical TAL user. I'm not pagan, I don't dabble in any sort of magick or rituals, and I'm not sure whether or not I believe in astrology.

I do, however, believe that TAL blends can have an effect on the user, and I own several of them. I've had great success with Nocturne (this puts me to sleep faster than a shot of Thorazine), White Light, LaFlamme and Amor. I probably don't use them correctly, but I enjoy them just the same.

With that in mind, when I heard about Benevolent Triple Conjunction, and its supposed attributes of opening possibilities in my life, I figured, why not? My life is dull as dishwater and I could use some help in bringing new possibilities and positive changes. And if nothing else, I would enjoy wearing the oil as a perfume.

It arrived last week. I just now opened it to try. I put a dab on each wrist. The fragrance is fairly strong. I can tell there is rose in there, but this isn't a "rose-y" blend per se (if it were, I wouldn't like it, as I am not into rose at all). I can detect rose, a general soft floral/herbal scent, and what smells like a touch of patchouli as a base note. It blooms on the skin and wafts upward.

Overall, the effect is calming and relaxing. It reminds me a bit of BPAL Dove's Heart, which is a soothing mix of lavender and rose on me. BTC, however, seems more complex and introspective. I feel less stressed after wearing this for a half hour, but I can't discount the possibility of that being a placebo effect.

I like it, and I think I'll use it as an aid when I want to sit down and meditate or ponder what I want to do with my life.

I had to have this, my ascendant in my chart is right and the 24 degree of Aries. :D

This reminds me Phantasm! Phantasm was my first love Bpal, and was the first bottle I ordered. I love this.
Wait to see results, but I think this is an oil that impels me to be myself, with energy.

I'm glad that I got a decant of this to try, but it's nothing that I'm going to need to search out more of. Benevolent Triple Conjuction is mostly a slightly herbal, sharp, lemony smell on me, and I'm not really fond of lemon scents (unless they're foodie and sweet). There's a bit of a perfumey white floral smell as well. I'm not getting the rose that others have mentioned, and rose is usually super-strong on my skin.

Lemony-herbal-floral...

Edited by Little Bird

Was very happy to receive this, as I'm going through a particularly difficult time in my life. As for the scent, I mostly get the rose, and I could swear there's a bit of jasmine and lavender. Dry, it doesn't go to powder, but the rose is making itself known. As for the intent, I felt a calm strength, and a determination that I will get through this. Time will tell, and I look forward to using this oil for it's intended purpose.

Smells like lemon-rose-herbal (lavender? juniper?) to me. Not what I would choose as a perfume, but very pleasant.

This oil really has an amazing ability to energize and uplift me. It's like a breath of optimism and strength that can last me most of the day if I dab a bit over my heart in the morning. I haven't had quite these results with the other courage and joy/inspiration blends, and I'm sad that this bottle won't last forever.

Benevolent Triple Conjunction is a wonderfully gentle, optimistic, and cheering scent. I'm not projecting my own desire for road opening onto it -- the moment I took out the bottle and sniffed it, I instantly smiled and relaxed. It encourages clarity of thought without being overly piercing or medicinal. It's relaxing, but active enough that it doesn't make you sleepy or drowsy. It's calming and bright, and it really lifts my mood to put it on. I find it aids concentration.

A lot of reviews mention this smelling of rose. While I could be mistaken, I feel quite certain that this is rose geranium. I've used a lot of bourbon rose geranium EO in my own homemade aromatherapy blends. Along with the rose geranium, I smell mint, lemon balm (or something similar), lavender, sage?, maybe sweet pea, and who knows what else. (I *don't* get any resins, vanilla or things of that nature -- to my nose, this is entirely floral and herbal.) Although none of the notes are voluptuous, the blend is quite rich--not at all thin and airy--and it's very strong.

I have to say, my life bottomed out a bit around the time of the conjunction. Since then, I don't know that my depression has eased much, but I have actually had a LOT of opportunities fall in my lap. I bought this because I've been so down, I don't have the energy to try anything I'd need to try in order to get out of the rut and turn things around. I just feel stuck. Over the past month or two, though, I really have felt a new found motivation and ability to put myself out there. BTC only helps that feeling. I feel much more at east and better able to put myself in a good mood, go out, and try to clear a path when I wear BTC.

So as far as I'm concerned, BTC is a resounding success. If nothing else, I love the way it smells, and few scents give me the same peaceful contentedness.

Edited by naeelah