Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mooncityminx

Benevolent Triple Conjunction

The oil unites the energies of the two Benefics with Mercury, resulting in an oil of movement, adaptability, expansion, optimism, creativity, confidence, attraction, and inspiration. It holds the qualities of positive fearlessness, expansive courage, and helps to bolster the spirit so barriers that we have erected for ourselves in the past can finally be overcome.

I have no idea how to use a TAL oil, but I bought this because I couldn't resist the description of what it's supposed to help with. I was concerned by the reviews of it being rose + lavender + lemony floral, because rose with florals give me an ice-pick like headache and the usual BPAL lavender smells like diapers to me. When I smelled the oil, it wasn't rosy at all. I suppose there's a drop of rose and a bit of lavender, but mostly I get a soothing and sweet lemon balm. I'm surprised the lavender smells very "real" here. It's very uplifting yet calming. The dry down is a sweet lemon-vanilla that I didn't notice the first times I tested it...I'm smelling it on my wrist now and it's unmistakably vanilla.

I find myself putting this on more than I thought I would. I know TALs aren't supposed to be "perfume", but this one really works on me, smells pretty, and makes me feel good. Hopefully that positive outlook can help open doors. :D

This is my 1st foray into TAL oils and what a wonderful start.

Wet: lovely, bright, certainly optimistic, positively glowing lemon balm, magnolia maybe?, a couple herbs I notice from new age shop oils (..jeez what is the smell? It's thyme-y, green minty, something with a slight blackened resin feel? I remember smelling it off a bunch of blends that Sun's Eye makes. Not frankincense?) Seriously, smelling this 1st thing in the morning is pretty much one of the most valuable things I can do with my day. Well.. getting tattooed in the morning is a close second, but this is way less painful. It's incredibly uplifting and breaks apart any fogginess or negativity, for me.

Drydown: I equate the emotional path to jumping in fresh clean water. Invigorating at 1st with the altar-like smells and strong lemon balm + floral that I perceive as magnolia. So much that I can successfully leave behind any bad notions and just immerse myself in the moment. Kinda like a mini-rebirth I guess. Then, drydown/as I continue to wade, there's this peacefulness that washes over me. The lemon balk is soothing, there's a smooth clean green herbal and lavender feel. Still hanging onto that magnolia idea. Ready to get out of the water/do the dishes/jump in the car etc and handle the rest of my life with a different perspective, as long as I can hang onto this feeling. Then if all else fails or the day beats it out of me, jump back in the water later (or reapply BTC) and regenerate myself.

benevolent triple conjunction is bright, herbal and green. it's got an energetic citrus zip to it, and then there's something floral hanging in the background. it's kind of weird, and i don't know quite what i'm smelling, but i guess the primary purpose of this stuff isn't to be a perfume, right? it smells "cheerful," though, and i'm going to try using it on days when i need an extra boost.

Wow, this is a tough one -- these notes are difficult to pin down!

I definitely smell artemisia or wormwood of some sort here; I just spent a bunch of time pruning the giant overgrowth of artemisia southernwood in my garden, and that scent is unmistakable. It comes out more strongly on some applications than others, though -- sometimes I barely get it at all. I also agree that there seems to be a good amount of lemon balm present. I'm *not* getting true rose at all, but maaayyyybe tentatively I'll agree with the rose geranium? There's also something slightly cream and spicy underneath here; magnolia does seem a likely candidate given its association with Venus.

Overall scent-wise, this is a bracing, vigorous herbal blend with a pleasant smoothness underneath.

In terms of its effectiveness, I have to say the blend does seem to be very supportive -- I'm finding myself reaching for it when I want to feel strengthened and reinforced (a lot of what I do relates to communication, creativity, and inspiration, so that makes perfect sense!). I'm very glad to have my bottle.

ETA: Gum mastic! Could there be gum mastic here?

Edited by Wwindy

I'm only going to review its efficacy, not its scent.

I've had this for months now and used in several rituals. I find it to be deeply effective in the work of transformation and re-direction; it's helped unmoor me from some entrenched bad habits and move me into more positive behavioral patterns and mentalities that have changed my life at a fairly deep level. Definitely one of the more powerful TALs I've worked with, though perhaps I perceive it as such because I use it for major inner work as opposed to more superficial spells for love, protection and money.

This has become my go-to TAL lately. I have noticed that after I apply it, I experience a sense of optimism and lightness. It's a very powerful blend for me and I carry it in my purse so that I have it at all times.

I never buy TAL's for their scent, but this does have a light and uplifting smell, sort of a bright herbal sort of rose, or as someone mentioned, rose geranium. It's quite lovely, but I still just wear it for the feelings that it imparts.

I got a couple of Decants of this and I'm so grateful to get to use it~

So far so good, I got it 2 days ago and I'm finding opportunities are popping up more than normal. I've made BTC part of my morning practice. This is what I've done (results of course, may vary):

I took the key words of this blend from the description, I added the one of my own that I feel I need and falls into the same category. I wrote them out with my special writing instrument and individually placed each word around my mirror. So that would be: movement, adaptability, expansion, optimism, creativity, confidence, attraction, inspiration and my "added word." I say each word around the mirror, invoking them as I dab a bit of the BTC on each word. I look at myself in the mirror starting and ending with my word (in the beginning I dab a little BTC on myself and also at the End.) I do this after my shower, and before my Artistic practice of the morning.

This is strong stuff, I barely dab it on with the impy wand and it is enveloping. It smells like lavender jasmine with a creamy musky thickness going on. It reminded me of Somnus or Nanshe in a way with a bit of the feel that TALs' Glamour has. I think it smells delightful and that a little goes a long way!

Edited by Nadirah

I revisited this bottle this morning because I've been feeling a bit stuck the last few weeks. I'm coming up on a major life change that is all kinds of good, but it's a bit scary as well and I just can't seem to get motivated to do the things that need to be done to get ready. I couldn't even make myself go through the ritual that I'd planned for this this morning but I figured I'd at least put some on above my heart and see how things went. Well the day has been better than the last few though I still feel a little stuck in the muck. I'm going to try again to do the ritual this evening and meditate on what I am headed towards.

As far as the scent goes, I actually very much enjoy this blend. Like all the reviewers before me have pointed out, It's a bright, fruity, floral scent with a hint of herbal undertones. It's different from what I would normally choose to wear, but it's pretty and if it can help me overcome some of the barriers I erect for myself, I'm willing to smell like almost anything!

Edited by Kimocean

This stuff works amazingly well. I have used it to great effect using Nadirah's ritual posted above with a few elements added in for a couple of different intents now with extremely good results. It helped pull me out of a major stress induced funk and allowed me to feel connected to the flow of the universe and to those I love again.

I also feel it helped me find new, much more lucrative employment. I wasn't looking for anything at the time but I was definitely ready to leave behind my old job and find something more secure. I had been performing some rituals with Abundance oil as well, I believe the two together helped create this outcome.

I meant to write this review a while ago, but forgot. It's not so much for the scent as for results. I used BTC (possibly with Road Opener at one point, but can't remember) around the time that we wanted a situation resolved.

Well, it worked. And we got what we wanted. And it should have been scary, but it wasn't. I guess the most apt words are "movement" and "flow", as BTC makes things HAPPEN.

Its highly effective, and I'd recommend that it be used when you really want a desired result. Just be careful, because you WILL get it.

This reminds me of phantom queen! So I think it has either rose or ylang ylang..

It's definitely got something lemon in it too - maybe lemon balm?? I hope so because it smells amazing and lemongrass usually doesn't want to work with me. :|

I used this in a personal ritual tonight, just as the last bits of shadow cleared off the moon at the end of the eclipse. Figured a rare occurence like this, should make use of it. I won't be reporting any results - it was a reaffirmation for myself of my identity and my purpose. But gosh it sure smells lovely! :)