Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Chaotic

A whirling mélange of multicolored musks with wasabi, rooibos, heliotrope, and mastic.

Chaotic wet is a screaming match of musks. There's stompy red musk and screechy white musk and gold musk and pink musk and lord knows which other musks and they are all trying to make their point as loudly as possible. So I get a ton of throw, and I never get a ton of throw unless red musk is amping its lungs out. It's kind of giving me a headache.

An hour later the musks have agreed to disagree and I'm liking it much better. It has a fruity quality now. I can't pick out any wasabi, and I'm getting no skin irritation; I was worried about that. I'm not so familiar with the other notes, but it's kind of a flirty summery scent now. Still, I don't want to have to go through the opening again to get here. I have all the RPG imps; this is not one I need an extra of.

This is a weird one! I'm not really familar with any of the notes other than some of the musks used (red and black are definitely in there), so I couldn't tell you what's going so menthol on me, but this smells like a cough drop. A cherry menthol cough drop. With musk. That also manages to smell kind of mainstream perfume?

I tried layering some Neutral for my preferred alignment and it just vanished into it.

It's not bad, but my head doesn't seem to like it.

So, musk don't play well on me. I braced myself as I put it on.

It smells just plain weird wet. Musky horseradish, something sour & red, and a floral that makes my eyes sting.

After drying down, It remains eye watering. The horseradish is a mellow spice, it's that floral. It's growing, I tell you. One, maybe 2 of the musks are actually playing well with me. A faint, light 'your skin but better' scent, and something. But, then there's one or more that smells like a perfect match for the smell of my feet after a run. Ugh.

There is a slight tea note that I keep catching as well.

Definitely not for me. That said, my takeaway is that horseradish/wasabi is amazing if you can make it to drydown.

In the imp: Lots of musk. I can pick out red musk and green musk.

Wet: This smells like green Jello to me, with a grape-y musk and what I believe to be the rooibos.

Dry: Red, green, and a grape-y dark musk with strong heliotrope, which I recognize from Tamora, and a bit of spice in the background from the wasabi. It still has a bit of a Jello-vibe to it, but it’s not as Jello-y as before. I think there are some other musks at play here, too.

Verdict: I am going to hold on to this one for a while just because it is a RPG scent and I am curious about the layering combos, but I am not fond red musk or the grape-y dark musk, so I would never reach for this one on its own. This is too strong on the musk and sweet heliotrope for me.

In the imp: Light and fresh and a little sweet. I can't pick out individual notes, but if you told me it contained green tea and lime, I would believe you. 

On my skin:

Wet, the sweetness continues, though I also get a distinct whiff of wasabi. As it dries, white musk wafts up at me. On me, while the different scents are incongruous, they're not discordant. 

Once it's had some time to get used to my skin, I can pick out white musk, black musk, and a scent that's reminiscent of 51, so I'm guessing that's green musk. I can sometimes catch a whiff of heliotrope, and every once in a while, a little wasabi tickles my nose. 

After about an hour, it settles down to be mostly green musk, with some white musk and heliotrope playing along. It's a light, summery scent. I'm curious to see how it plays with RPG scents with a similar feel (like Gnome) as well as with RPG scents that are much different (like Evil). 

Ok, so I have no idea how to review this. This was a frimp, and I never would have tried it otherwise. 

Chaotic starts out as a men's old timey barbershop vibe on me. Than it quickly fades to a salty skin musk that's somehow still appealing? Than about half an hour or so after application I get a slightly floral red musk party, before it dies wayyy down on me. Or so I thought. I've been getting compliments on how good I smell ALL DAY. One of my friends walked in the room, walked over to me, and started talking about how good I smelled. I can barely smell anything unless it's pressed directly against my wrists, it's a pleasant whirl of sweetened musks, that seems to not contain black or arabian musks, two notes which usually stomp over everything else on me. But apparently to everyone else, this is a magical sexy wide appeal smell with decent throw? I might layer this with other smells, but just based on the compliments today I think this is going to end up to be an imp scraper.

I've been trying to layer some RPG scents, and what's better than a Chaotic Good Elf Druid, right? Well, a Good Elf Druid smells infinitely better, for starters, even though it doesn't sound nearly as cool. I wanted to like Chaotic, I really did. But, we were off to a bad start, Chaotic and I. It's one of the very few imps that I actually physically recoiled from upon first sniffing it. It smells like spicy, sticky grape candy in the imp (I have absolutely no idea which note makes it smell so grapey??) and that just isn't my jam. At all. Honestly, I'm willing to give almost anything a try, with very few exceptions aaaand, this is the Big One, the Biggest and Nopest.

But hey, I'm brave, I'll try it anyway. It might be okay on my skin. It might blend well with the three other RPG scents I'm already wearing. Surely the tiniest droplet won't make much of an impact either way? Right? Wrong. This is straight up grape bubblegum on me. Evil grape bubblegum that is laughing at me for ignoring my better instincts, and that is gleefully asserting dominance over the formerly lovely scent blend I had going on. Gone are the lovely trees and wild berries of my magical forest. I am become Evil Grape Bubblegum. I'll remain a Good Elf Druid for the time being, thanks, but I'll give it that, Chaotic certainly lives up to its name.

Edited by Kelthara

received this as a frimp, and wasn't sure what to expect based on the notes. this is definitely not something i would pick out for myself

out of the imp: reminds me of powdered soap in elementary schools/truck stops.. also, Gain laundry detergent???
wet: musky and soapy, with a cool, nose-tingling sensation in the front. my brain registered mint, but it's probably the horseradish/wasabi
dry:  gain with a woody backdrop. there's a floral I can't quite pick out (heliotrope?) that keeps rising. the wasabi moves to the end of the whiff and gives it a nice lift. really strong throw. 

verdict: not bottle worthy, but i was glad to try something different and new :) 

Edited by murqmaid

I don't know what Heliotrope or Mastic smell like but...

I got an imp of this and in the imp it is very sweet and slightly citrusy. Apparently, Heliotrope smells like marzipan, cherry pie, or vanilla, so that's probably where the sweetness is coming from. And Mastic has a pine or cedar scent, but I don't get that at all. 

Wet, I mainly get a citrus note, almost like blood orange but a tinge sweeter.

Dry, about an hour later, it's now a light floral scent.

I probably wouldn't have purchased this based on the notes, but I love this on and will need to purchase a full size.

I'm not sure I even ever skin tested Chaotic before putting her with the rest of my RPG decants, probably because I've had skin reactions with the wasabi note before.  But I just got frimped another one, and I'm trying it now, ready to scrub any moment if my skin starts tingling.  Fresh Chaotic on me is a very grapey red musk with a zing of wasabi.  There may be other notes in here, but did I mention the very grapey red musk? Red and grapey?  The exact red musk that never lets any other note get a word in edgewise?  And there it is, heat and tingling.  Time to wash this baby off. 

In the shortest review I may have ever written, I can sum Chaotic up in one word (and I'm not the first to mention it) -- Gain laundry detergent. Maybe the "Moonlight Breeze" variety, but still definitely 100% good ol' Gain. 

I never noticed how Gain smelled vaguely of grapes, musk, mint, and purple blooms, but here we are. 

I had no clue what I was getting myself into when I saw wasabi was one of the note. I cautiously opened the imp and took a sniff…this stuff smells divine!

In the imp: a sweet floral musk with a touch of spice green. Not at all what I was expecting, but I love it!

Wet: pretty much more of the same, but the wasabi tones down and the floral becomes more dominant. 

Dry: here’s where the magic happens. It turns into aged Lust somehow! If I put my nose to my arm I can tell that I’m not wearing Lust, there’s something subtly different, but the throw is all my beloved aged Lust. I’m guessing the red musk has taken over everything else in the blend and I’m not complaining in the slightest. I’ll definitely be getting use out of this imp while I’m waiting for my full bottle of Lust to get a little older.