Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

If this had been sold on its own, I probably wouldn't have purchased it because although I like drinking ale, its not something I'd want to smell like. This, however, smells like fizzy berry (raspberry perhaps?) soda! The fizziness reminds me both of Geek Goth and Polynesian Pop. There might be a drop of mint in here too. This is really good, a pleasant surprise for me. :)

Sweet Winter Berry Ale was completely horrid on me when I first put it on. Ewww, ale scents don't work for me. I got zero berry. BUT, after drydown, it turned into a nice berry fizz, if that makes sense. The other review mentions mint. Thank Goddess I didn't get any mint. Mint is a death scent on me usually.

This scent isn't bad. The imp will last for a long time.

~

I wish this was sold in bottles, because it is yum. I don't get much else except sweet, juicy berries from this; there may be a hint of ale on the dry down, but it's so faint its barely there. Yummy!

This is a melange of sweet winter berries immersed in something fizzy and bubbly, what I take to be the "ale" aspect. The fizzy note is really more of a ginger ale-type thing than beer and blends with the berries smoothly like a holiday punch and for anyone afraid of booze, it's rather sparkling and not boozy at all. I do notice there is something lemony in this--my skin tends to amp lemon anything--probably to lend it a tart aspect, though on my skin it amps a bit more than I'd like. Even with that, it's still a fun and festive scent.

This one has the same fizzy note as Geek.Goth and Polynesian Pop. But its definitely raspberries that I smell here, and a hint of lemon. Slightly tart, and just a hint of hops.

Fizzy, tasty, fruity.

In the imp: raspberry lemon fizz. It reminds me of a tart candy I ate as a kid, like Fun Dip, or SweeTarts. It's not beer-y at this point.

Wet On Skin: Ok, there's the booze note. But it's light. Not like a mixed drink. Maybe like a wine cooler! :lol: The lemon is a fizzy one, to be sure. Reminds me of lemon soda, the light kinds you can get in the U.K. yummy!

Dry Down: Lemon candy raspberry soda. I thought this might wind up being more like my favorite berry Lambic, but any booze note I could earlier detect is gone. A wee hint of the ginger ale-esque champagne note is there, and it may very well gain a stronger foothold. I find that it's playing with the lemon aspect in a really sweet and light way.

In all: bright playful and fruity. This may well be the one I wear on New Year's Eve, as it has all the elements of a celebration. A fun scent for the gloomy months ahead.

:)

Since there was no description, I tried to work out notes from the name. This is a very candy scent, although I’m also getting strong berries. There is a touch of sourness that reminds me of ale, just a bit. Mainly, though, it is berry candy. The BPTP scents for this Yule only came out in imp-size, but this seemed enough.

I don't have much to add about this that hasn't already been said. This starts off pleasant, sweet, tart, and fizzy, like raspberry lemonade with a splash of gingerale. I'm not getting a boozy smell from it. It smells juicy and fizzy for about the first twenty minutes, and then dries down to a dry, sweet berry candy smell on my skin. It kinda reminds me of a lot of the Atomic Luau scents, but lighter and more simple on me than some of my favorites from that category.

In the imp: Some berries and fizzy ginger ale (a la Geek.goth). Tart and sparkling!

Wet: The berries are brighter, and the fizzy ginger ale is calming down.

The dry-down: After a time, this is quite simply a lovely berry-flavoured ginger ale, fruity and just a little tart with a little fizziness.

In bottle: It's a musty, old, generic mixed berry scent. There isn't much sweet about it. It does have a tint--the barest of tint--of alcohol to it.

On me: It smells like raspberry body soap from like... Bath & Body Works or something. Soap, raspberry, and a bit of a resinous tone.

Fantastic. I love Sweet Winter Berry Ale. It goes from raspberry ginger ale to a sort of strawberry lemonade scent. It's not the most mind-blowing combination, but it's done so well. LOVE IT. I want a bottle of this.

I love this! It's fizzy berries that are tart, sweet and really cooling. It's fun and boozy, yet the booze is not overpowering at all. :wub2:

In the bottle - Fizzy fruits and berries

Wet on me - Again fizzy red fruits

Dry on me - Nothing. It disappeared on me entirely

Overall - It started off interesting, but faded completely