Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
AmandaArcana

Treatsy Bath Oil

TREATSY BATH OIL
Apple candies and lemon drops.

wow! First to review!
In the bottle I get faint apple with a little hint of lemon.
On me it scent is really weak. I just smell oil with faint apples.

ok, I used it in the shower to shave with and then all the fragrance hit me! Super yummy, smells just like apple and lemon candy! I must need the hot water to trigger the scent on me. Edited by AmandaArcana

This is sweet! Literally and figuratively LOL The packaging is adorable!

This is definitely a lighter scent than any other BPTP bath oils I have tried.

I smell like candy!

The apple is a crisp green apple, and the lemon drop is totally lemon drop candy.

The tart apple is sweetened by the lemony sugar of the lemon drops.

The scent stays close to the skin, but it is very girly and fresh. It is perfect for spring and summer, so i probably won't use it again until then, but I can't wait!

FYI I used this as an after bath moisturizer, so YMMV if you use it as a traditional bath oil

I'm mostly getting very sweet apples, with a hint of lemon sherberts. :) I don't use the Post's bath oils as bath oils in the bath water, as I prefer to take showers. So I use the bath oils as an after the bath oil. A little sticky, and does need to be rubbed in well, but I do smell like lovely apples and lemon candy (just a hint of the latter). A little of this goes a long way!

Oh this is lovely!

I thought i would order the inquisitions and get rid of this oil since I dont like oils, but this one smells fab.

Its apple and lemon sweet goodness. Nothing too overpowering, just a great blend of scents. Lovely! :wub2:

I just bathed in this today and have to keep reminding myself not to lick it (as Ted said when I was huffing it at the NYCC booth "no funny business!" :lol: ) It's like candy apple perfectly balanced with sweet-tart lemon drops. Yum.

When I smell Treatsy, I think of sour apple jawbreakers and lemon drops. Except that there is something about the lemon that doesn't quite smell edible. I don't know, maybe there is some other mystery note in there that I can't put my finger on. It's definitely an appropriate fragrance for Halloween.

I think when I read the description I was expecting the apple note from Snow Glass Apples, or Poisoned Apple with a bit more sweetness thrown in, but this is a sour apple, unlike any bpal apple I have smelled before. It's very pretty.

I was worried about the lemon in this, but I can't smell the lemon in the bottle, in my bath, or on my skin afterwards. This is all sweet red apple and sugar to my nose. It smells like bathing in Sugar-Slathered Candied Apple, which is intensely awesome, lol. :wub2:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the scent of coconut in this blend. And I certainly don't mind it at all! I get Sugar Slathered Candied Apple, sweet coconut (from the coconut oil, I imagine!) and just a tiny hint of lemon. It's very faint in this blend. Very gorgeous overall!

This is quite pretty. First and foremost, it's a great oil (I use it as an after-shower moisturizer) - my skin drinks it in, and it doesn't irritate my eczema, which is good because half the reason I bought it was to help treat my poor sensitive skin. I do get the coconutty vibe mentioned above, but to me it smells more like good old-fashioned Australian lemon slice - lemon icing over a base of crushed Nice biscuits, butter and dessicated coconut. The apple in it is probably the most prominant note, and it's a tart, almost waxy apple. It's a scented body oil, not a perfume oil, so the scent it pretty subtle but at the same time pervasive. I would personally have preferred something a little more sweet and a little less plasticy, but I expect that's my skin chemistry reacting with the apple. It's a great quality oil, and while the scent is not what I'd use every day I expect I'll be using this one quite often as a moisturizer.

The coconut oil completely overwhelmed everything else in my bottle. I wish I had known coconut oil was used in the base, I never would have bought it. For those who amp coconut, you might want to get a sample first before buying a full bottle. Otherwise, it left my skin very soft and silky.

:( My bathtub and I smell like suntan lotion.

Treatsy Bath Oil

In vial: ohh, sweet apples and lemon sherbet.

On skin: mint? Yes, this smells like mint. I wasn’t expecting that…it smells fresh and tingly, and a bit white musky? I definitely smell apple and lemon and sugar though. I’d say the apple dominates, but the lemon sugar note is really lovely, and has a sherbet-y effervescence to it. The apple isn’t too bad on me either, a rare thing with apple notes like this…it’s so much nicer than the other two apple-lemon scents: Delirium and La Vita Nuova, it doesn’t turn soapy or chemical. In fact, the apple here may be the same as the only two green apple scents that work on me: Candy Corn Coated Apple and Mock Turtle’s Lessons. Having said that, I think this would smell nicer in the bath. Some bath oils smell amazing on the skin as perfume but others smell like they’d be even nicer in a bath-this is one of them. But as raw apple scents go, this is really pretty. :thumbsup:

I like this more than I thought I would. This is lovely apple candies, very sweet and with lemon drops intertwined to save it from sweet-marish. :yum:

I really love this! I'm currently using it to shave.

It's definitely apple-liscious with a citrus edge and also slightly minty. Very fresh and pretty!

Edited by RhinestoneHousewife

Treatsy Bath Oil - I think all the lemon went in someone else's bottle, because all I smell is apple -- sweet, juicy, sugary apples, and it's nice, but not what I was expecting.

Edited by Edens Sixth Day

I was so glad I found a 1/2 bottle on the forum to buy, bc I almost didn't get to try this. I LOVE it, the apples are tart and yummy and I don't get much lemon either, which was what initially scared me off. Wish I had more! :yum:

For me, the apple and lemon combined into a cherry candylike scent. I think something in it doesn't agree to my nose because it smells very sweet and kinda fake. The way that grape candy doesn't taste like grape at all.

I got a sample of this as a gift from my wonderful switch witch! I just tried it tonight (I also use it as an afterbath moisturizer). On me, it smells like caramel apples, very light on the caramel, with a hint of mint. Hmmm...I think candied apples is what I mean...not caramel apples but those ones with the candy shell. It is also very slightly lemony in the bottle, but on me, I get only apples and mint.

No coconut. Usually when people use coconut oil as a base, it is fractionated coconut oil which does not smell like coconut (I have a bottle I mix with things....not much, if any, of a coconut scent).

To me, this is deliciousness and magic and win. It just smells SO good. I just took a bath with it and it is such a happy and joyful scent. I now have my new pick-me-up bath! It smells how it sounds-sweet, tart lemon drops and sugary apple candy. To me, there is nothing fake or plasticky about this candy scent. I did not have to use very much in the tub for a deliciously fragrant bath and smooth silky water. Out of the bath my skin is just lightly scented like sugar and super soft. Absolute LOVE! :wub2:

Apple and lemon candy! This smells faint in the bottle but it blooms on the skin/in the bath/in the shower.

Just tried this out for the first time yesterday... I am so in love with the bath oils! :wub2: I have yet to use any in the actual bath because they work so well in place of lotion instead. I slathered this on my arms and legs yesterday before going out to the movies and it's just :yum: As others have said, this is mostly sweet fresh apples. I didn't overtly detect lemon, mint, coconut..or anything other than apples! Super yummy and light and PERFECT for this hot, hot summer!

I received a partial bottle of this in a swap. I'm amazed the scent hasn't dissipated, leaving only the base like most bath oils do after some years, because unless this was from an Etsy release, it looks like it was from 2010. :eek: 

Anyway, Treatsy does smell like apple candy and lemon drops! It's a bright, citrus-tinged, apple candy scent that will pair nicely with something like Rapunzel in Ballpoint.

I don't love it as much as Sugared Apple bath oil, but I do think it is nice, and it will help me conserve my Sugared Apple, so I'll be hanging onto the bottle. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco