Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Espresso, pumpkin syrup, smoky vanilla bean, milk, raw sugar, and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.

I actually dont like coffee (i dont drink it at all) but the reviews about this one made me buy 2 bottles unsniffed :o

Wet: Heavy heady espresso

Dry: (5 mins in) Ligther coffee with a spicy note, it does smell a bit sweet i detect chocolate and a bit dusty.. smokey?

10 mins in: The scent is really soft now, still the same notes: coffee, spice, smokey, sweet and chocolate, but not a heavy scent.

* The longer it's on my skin the softer it gets, also changes a bit to a more smokey, dusty scent.

Overal: I thought that this would be misser for me, still not really convinced if i will be keeping my bottle + back up.
I'm happy that this was not going on strong as it was wet/from the bottle.

I acutally thought Pumpkin V was one of my all time faves..but after losing the bottle :cry2: I am more in love with this. It is sugared, spicy pumpkin vanilla creamy coffee. It has a hint of smoke and is very similar but creamier and more well blended than Pumpkin V. I can"t stop huffing myself in this one... :wub2:

I am actually grateful for this amazing perfume oil! Each year I wait for Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte, and for the longest time it was one of my favorite things. Pumpkin Latte is just what I needed. I have smelled quite a few oils that try to capture the essence of an espresso drink, and I only ever smell coffee. This is perfect! The espresso note is STRONG... and I love that. So, when I get a craving for a 450+ calorie drink, I just reach for my Pumpkin Latte... Another amazing perfume!

4.5/5

Pumpkin Latte is a really good sweet-spicy coffee scent. I don't smell pumpkin, just the spices associated with pumpkin pie.

Sniffed: I shouldn't be surprised that I am smacked in the nose by coffee, with a whiff of spiced pumpkin following in its wake.

On skin: When I first received my decant, all I could smell was coffee. More than half a year of aging has brought out more notes: now I can pick out some pumpkin, some nose-tingling cinnamon and nutmeg, and a faint trickle of milk and perhaps vanilla. But hey, didn't I order a latte for the coffee? And that's what I get, heady, dry and grainy. Over time the coffee tames, the other notes start blending together and smoothen out the grittiness. Now I can actually pick out smooth, rich, syrupy pumpkin, slightly sugared and liberally spiced. All on the backdrop of dominant coffee. This has exceptional throw too: my skin swallows up scents, but I'm actually smelling this from arm's length!

Verdict: Mixed feelings. On one hand, I did order a latte, so I shouldn't complain that it contains so much coffee. Even so, the other notes smell so enticing and I'd like to have more of them! I may hang on to my decant and age it some more...

OMG I am SO GLAD I ordered a bottle of this from a forumite! Amazing!!!! Now I'm stoked that Seattle was one of the first 10 cities to get their pumpkin spice lattes a week earlier than everyone else because I simply MUST HAVE ONE now! Mmmm........

This is for the 2010 version.

In the bottle- coffee, cream, and spices

Wet- I keep getting whiffs of coffee, milk, cinnamon, and sugar. The smells don’t seem to combine well, they keep changing, and it’s like I’m smelling different scents, but they’re not blended together. It kind of smells like burnt cookies.

Dry- Notes are starting to mix a little better so that I get a creamy spiced coffee, but sadly no pumpkin. :(

Overall- It was certainly a yummy, creamy scent, but I’m not a huge fan of coffee so I passed this one on to my sister who loved it. Also, I couldn't smell any pumpkin on my skin which was very disappointing!

I have the 2011 version.

Wet: fresh, sugared pumpkin, lightly spiced with nutmeg. The vanilla is adding to the sweetness, and I get the barest hint of espresso. Luckily I'm not really getting cinnamon, which doesn't play nice with my skin chemistry.

As it dries, the nutmeg is the strongest note, with vanilla and sugar second. The pumpkin is light, and I can't really smell the espresso. There is one note that is going a little wonky, but only if I put my nose right up to my wrist.

This does actually smell quite a bit like the pumpkin lattes I get by my work. Like those, the espresso is drowned out by the pumpkin spices. This is nice, but that one strange note is stubbornly hanging on; it's hard to describe, but it's very sharp. I'll have to give this one another try in a few weeks and see if that note still bothers me.

2011: I get pumpkin, I get spice, I don't get coffee at all.

Though I'm sad to not get any coffee scent, I still really love this-- it's a dead ringer for the scent of the pumpkin spice syrup that usually goes into making pumpkin lattes. It's also surprisingly gentle and not aggressive or cloying. Really nice.

2011 also. I love this one! I was hoping for more coffee, but this is the pumpkin scent that I never got out of prior year's pumpkin patches. Not too sweet, just cozy warm pumpkin smell. Perfect for fall/winter.

in the bottle: heavy, syrupy pumpkin. mildly spicy, buttery

wet: more of the same. i am not detecting any sort of coffee smell in this at all. just a cozy comfortable pumpkin smell. it is a bit cloying..

dry down: on a direct sniff on my wrists i detect a bit of dust which is strange..but can definitely still smell the cozy pumpkin wafting around :)

Wet, this is all spices. Maybe some pumpkin - this is the first of the lab's pumpkins I've tried, since my skin chemistry changed and I can deal with sweet foody scents, so I don't really know if I'm smelling specifically pumpkin or just the spices and the general sweet feel of pumpkin pie.

I definitely get the coffee note once it's had a moment or two to settle onto my skin, and as it wears it becomes a strong, sweet, almost maple-syrupy pumpkin with the spices mellowing a bit but still present. It's a really strong, solid scent on me that doesn't morph a whole lot. It's very comforting and yummy. It also makes me crave an actual pumpkin spice latte like whoa.

I'm glad I tried this one, as it smelled exactly as I'd hoped and expected.

Bottle: Pumpkin spice and buttery pumpkin.

Wet: This is almost.. a savory scent. Smells like burned stale coffee, salt, kitchen spices (lovage?), some sweet spices (washed out cinnamon and nutmeg). This is really salty and smokey. And not pleasant at all.

Dry: This stays awful. Seriously. I have to go wash this off. ugh.gif

Preconceived notions: I am a coffee addict lover. This would have been an unsniffed bottle purchase for me if it didn't list cinnamon, which I'm allergic to. I can still wear some fragrances with cinnamon depending on how they're blended, so I still wanted to give Pumpkin Latte a whirl, but I'm nervous about the spices.

Wet: Wow! As soon as I opened the decant, the espresso note is unleashed into the world. It stays pretty strong on my skin, too. Unfortunately, the only other thing I can detect right away is, of course, the dreaded cinnamon.

Dry: Things get a little better and the blend's complexity is fascinating. The espresso blends with vanilla to make a sticky base to pumpkin, nutmeg, a white smelling sugar and (curse you) cinnamon...

[dramatization]

Cinnamon: Heh. U mad?

Me: I'm sure you and I can compromise. Just let the other notes stand out a little too, and I'll find room in my heart for you somehow.

Cinnamon: O rly? (AMP!)

Me: D:

[/dramatization]

Overall: So yeah. The cinnamon kinda ruins it for me. If you don't mind cinnamon, this blend is incredible. So complex and pleasing, and particularly great for the coffee lover. Myself, I can still wear this, and I think I probably will wear it just to enjoy that gorgeous base of espresso and coffee. I'm always going to wonder how much more Pumpkin Latte would suit me without the cinnamon though, and that's a little tragic. My skewed review: 3/5

This is mostly strong cinnamon and nutmeg on me, and that phase lasts a long time. I do get more sweet pumpkin and just a hint of coffee as it dries down. It's a warm, simple comfort scent I imagine will be a nice pick-me-up on certain winter days.

There is something I really don't like in this scent. I loved the initial sniff from the vial - very buttery pumpkin, and hint of coffee, and some spices. However, the spices take over a bit when this hits my skin, and the cinnamon is downright unpleasant and in my face. This makes me really sad, I wanted to love this perfume. :(

My decant of Pumpkin Latte 2011 arrived just a day before a swap which happened to include Pumpkin Latte 2010! So I got to compare the two side-by-side, which was really fun.

2010 Version:

Opens nutty and milky, with a soft base of vanilla pumpkin. It has a smoke flavor and dries to a dark spicy coffee. It's very warm and deep.

2011 Version:

Whoa, expresso! This starts off bitter with just a whiff of sweetness. But the coffee burns off quickly and this dries to a rich spicy mixture of sweet vanilla and creamy pumpkin. This is lighter than the 2010 version and the spices are stronger, especially the cinnamon. It smells more like the syrup and foam part of the latte.

Of the two, I prefer the older one. While I think both are comforting delicious scents, the stronger coffee note suits me, while the newer blend is still a bit too sweet.

I'm very curious whether the 2011 will age similarly. I guess only time will tell!

delicious! Spicy, coffee, pumpkin goodness! awesome throw as well. I'm diggin it!

Compared to last year's, 2011 is a much more relaxed, subtle version. The coffee note is practically missing, and I don't get that pumpkiny maple syrupy feel that I got from 2010's. The cinnamon is there but not as strong. Last year's version reminded me more of freshly ground cinnamon with which you bake, but this cinnamon is a bit on the candyish side. Delicious but not as delicious as 2010.

pumpkin latte is everything i wanted it to be and it makes me so happy! it's got the autumn spice of all the cider blends i've ever wanted to wear but couldn't, combined with the pumpkin i adore but without the plastickiness that so often accompanies it, and i wear coffee VERY well if i don't say so myself so the creamy-sweet coffee scent ties everything together. HOORAY

In the bottle and wet: I don't get much coffee. Buttery pumpkin, super-sweet vanilla, baking spices and a kinda weird foamy note (from the milk or sugar I assume).

Drydown: similar to the later stages of Pickled Imp but not as good; mostly vanilla and cinnamon. I am swapping this bottle.

In the bottle: The smell reminds me of cheesecake! Can smell the pumpkin, spice, milk and coffee with something sweet and syrupy over the top.

Wet: Wow, definite pumpkin syrup with something creamy and spicy. It's very, very sweet. Not sure where the coffee note is yet.

Drying: Think the coffee is starting to make an appearance. It's mellowed out a lot, and starting to smell like a genuine pumpkin latte! (or at least how I'd imagine one to smell)

Very glad I chose this halloweenie, as sadly I've only been able to afford one this year. But I do love this so I think I picked the right one for me ^_^

5/5 !

In Imp: Mmmmmmm. Spicy, strong, sweet pumpkin coffee. It smells just like a pumpkin latte, but (IMHO) even better because it's a bit stronger and more complex. It does make me jones for a fabulous latte, though.

Wet: It softens and nutmeg comes out a bit more than I'd have thought it would. Mmmmmmmm. It smells delicious. It could actually even coast through as a scent for holidays from Halloween to New Years. YUM.

Drydown: Man. I almost didn't *want* to like this. Pumpkin Latte? It seemed too simple, without the sort of in-depth imagery I prefer. Plus I like to tell myself I'm not a foodie lover; no, I prefer more complex and esoteric blends. But, damn it, it smells amazing; like coffee and warm baked goodness. Even if I didn't wear this, it'd be amazing in an oil burner to make strangers, family, friends, and random passerby on the street think that I can actually bake.

Verdict: 4/5