Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Espresso, pumpkin syrup, smoky vanilla bean, milk, raw sugar, and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.

I don't think I can do this as a perfume. It's too realistic! Don't get me wrong, it smells fantastic. Very strong espresso with a spicy and pumpkiny splash of syrup. Dries down to a cinnamony/nutmeggy coffee. I don't know why but I can never really smell Beth's "smoky vanilla" note, it just registers as a blank. I want to go to Starbacks RIGHT NOW. I think this would make a lovely room scent for fall. I am not sure why I keep ordering pumpkin and/or coffee scents since they're not something I will ever wear as perfume!

(I let my Starbucks crazed coworker smell this and she wanted a bottle the MOMENT she smelled it! She now has my decant to tide her over until the bottle arrives, haha. I'm very glad this scent brought her so much instant joy!)

Let me preface this by saying that Pumpkin Latte is by far my faviorte flavored coffee drink ever. I also do pumpkin spiced cappchino when available at local coffe shops.

Ahem.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG THIS STUFF IS GREAT!

When I first put it on I get a rush of coffee, chocolate and pumpkin, then as the drydown comes it mellows into a coffee pumpkin spice, about an hour later i'll im left with is the pumpkin spice. If I could get it to stay like that bam kick in the face pumpkin/coffee/spice all day Id be ecstatic but Im happy with the lovely sent it morphs into anyway. Besides, I dont think I need any espresso in my perfume long term. ^^;

Very nice but there is hardly any difference from Pumpkin 5 from last year, though this is maybe a bit more wearable. Perfect for a bright fall day with a bit of chill in the air.

this was the bottle that was contending for first le bottle purchased unsniffed, but someone was kind enough to send me a tester.

let me preface by saying that this is not a negative review, just not what i was hoping for.

in the imp: a blast of espresso, heavy espresso, followed by heavy pumpkin spice. nom.

wet: the same, with a dose of cream. it's very realistic and i'm excited because the cream isn't going sour.

dry:...where'd the coffee go? seriously. i smell like pumpkin oatmeal. the coffee is gone completely, replaced by a strong grainy scent and the spices.

Pumpkin Latte

In the Bottle:

little to no scent, but the little bit that is there smells buttery

on my Skin, Wet:

Cinnamon! everywhere!

really strong cinnamon too - took me by surprise!

after about 10 minutes of CINNAMON!!!! it starts to smell like El Dia de Reyes with some coffee & cocoa notes

On my Skin, Dry:

smells much more like Gluttony now.

Heavy chocolate, cream & other decadent sweets.

then, after 2 hours, it smells like Gluttony plus sweet pumpkin pie.

Verdict:

pretty strong cinnamon note, then some good coffee & hot chocolate, then some deadly sin with dessert on the side.

probably the most evocative of the fall scents I've tried this release so far.

I'm hoping that all the others are equally interesting.

8 of 10 ranking!

In the imp, this is strong coffee and spices. A very yummy coffee note, like you're walking past a high end coffee shop. On, I can't smell the coffee (or any pumpkin for that matter), just a creamy spice. It reminds me of a dessert I made one year for Thanksgiving. It was a pumpkin cheesecake with a spicy whipped cream garnish. The whipped cream garnish is pretty much what this smells like. As usual, my husband always asks what I'm wearing when I have on foody blends. He loves this one me, and he can smell the coffee on me, but only from a distance. Not up close. So this is a spicy cream on me (mostly cinnamon). I don't wear foody scents as a rule, but this one was definitely fun to try! Kind of the same kind of blend as Gingerbread Poppet, Pickled Imp, Shub, Chimera, etc.

eta: The coffee does get stronger on me as time goes on. Very good throw and longevity.

Edited by milo

Also reminds me of Pumpkin V from last year -- which I love, thankfully.

The coffee note is very strong indeed so those who dislike or can't wear coffee, *most definitely* avoid this blend. The coffee is not subtle at all, it's a hit-the-back-of-your-nose-as-soon-as-you-take-a-sniff sort of note.

Happily, it reminds me of sitting in my local coffee house with my girlfriends and husband, sipping on flavoured coffees and watching people go by outside the window. It's nice and warming for this time of year and the throw is wonderful.

Most of the BPAL coffee-foody scents tend to smell similar on me, and this one is no exception. Coffee-creamy-buttery-spicy-foody... this one with a little pumpkin. Nevertheless, it is quite delicious, with good spices. I'll keep my decant, but probably use it as a room scent rather than perfume, since I don't usually like to smell too edible.

Huh. Ok. This is espresso alright. Behind that is a sweetened pumpkin syrup with cinnamon. As it dries, the pumpkin-cinnamon syrup gets stirred into the espresso and the whole thing cools and blends. It's a pleasant smell, and would make a great candle scent or room spray. But on me? A little too foody.

Welp...this is sadly a no-go for me. It smells like coffee that has been sitting in the pot for too long and maple syrup. No vanilla, no sugar. I put this on and my family all ask why I smelt like a pancake...Not necessarily a bad thing but I have another pumpkin scent that turns the same on me and I dont need two pancake scents. As much as I wanted to love this I didn't. Happily though I found someone to swap this for The Madwoman and floral blends almost always work for me so crossing my fingers it works out! ;)

In bottle: COFFEE. With spice and a little sugar, but this is espresso all right.

On wet: Pretty much the same.

Drydown: Okay, Pumpkin Latte, where's the pumpkin?! For that matter, where's the Latte? This is a delicious coffee scent, rich, spicy and gently sweet, but I get no pumpkin, no vanilla and only the barest hint of milk. It does last quite well.

Conclusion: Alas, I think I'll have to let this one go. On my skin it reminds me strongly of Arcana's Caffeinated Death, and I already have a 10ml of that. Normally my skin loves BPAL's pumpkin, so I have no idea what happened to it in this blend.

In the vial: Coffee, mild without being milky or sweet; I'm not sure if I'm smelling pumpkin or just projecting it, but there is a distant warmth to the scent.

On me: Goes on strong coffee, but this was a lesson to me to let bottles rest after shipping: fresh from the mailbox the drydown was all harsh espresso, but after a few days that settled into a much smoother, gentler coffee. Warms up into, well, a pumpkin latte: golden, smooth, warm, comforting, pumpkin and coffee—the milk and vanilla do more to give a sense of smoothness than a distinct scent, and the spices bring out and warm up the pumpkin. Again, fresh from the mail this was too powdery, but within a few days that died down to just some texture to the spice. The major drawback (for me) with Pumpkin Patch V '09 was its powderiness; Pumpkin Latte is admittedly a very similar scent, but it does away with the cocoa and with the strange texture that came with it, and what remains is the warm, comforting, golden scent of a pumpkin latte at Starbucks—although perhaps not quite as good as the real thing. Scent-color is creamy burnt orange; throw and wearlength are both moderate.

Verdict: All told, I'm pleased. Pumpkin Latte isn't precisely perfect—perhaps it's too faint, perhaps just the pumpkin is—but it is beautiful, comforting, and pretty much what it says on the tin, in the best possible way. I look forward to seeing how my bottle ages.

Edited by Juushika

Right from the post!

In the bottle: coffee, a bit of spice, and a touch of pumpkin

Wet: COFFEE, sweet spices, a touch of vanilla, but no pumpkin yet

Drydown: As it dries, the spices really come through

Dry: I get spices, a tiny hint of vanilla, and coffee. The pumpkin doesn't come through at all. It is, however, still warm and delicious.

Definite keeper :)

ETA: The pumpkin came through after a little while. This one has staying power! It lasted through a workout and a shower.

Edited by steelgossamer

Also reminds me of Pumpkin V from last year -- which I love, thankfully.

The coffee note is very strong indeed so those who dislike or can't wear coffee, *most definitely* avoid this blend. The coffee is not subtle at all, it's a hit-the-back-of-your-nose-as-soon-as-you-take-a-sniff sort of note.

Happily, it reminds me of sitting in my local coffee house with my girlfriends and husband, sipping on flavoured coffees and watching people go by outside the window. It's nice and warming for this time of year and the throw is wonderful.

Pumpkin V 2009 failed me terribly last year because the spices amped too much for it to be wearable on me. Not the case at all with this lovely Pumpkin Latte, where the spices stay on the downlow and it's the creamy coffee that comes out instead.

Now speaking of coffee notes...

This is the FIRST coffee blend EVER to work on me!!! SERIOUSLY. And I've tried several over the years, including ones from other etailers. They just never worked on me before - I kept getting an unpleasant plastic smell, which isn't present here in Pumpkin Latte. I'm so glad I didn't give up trying! :joy:

Like other reviewers, I can't smell pumpkin in this either. I'm guessing that has something to do with it being pumpkin syrup, rather than pumpkin pulp. And it IS syrupy too - sort of like a pancake syrup - it started out light and is slowly getting sweeter as the day goes on. I amp sweet scents, so I'm glad I like my coffee drinks on the sweet side already, otherwise I'd have to stick to using this in a scent locket.

[added] This is foody. I don't usually do foody. But I used to work in a high-end coffeehouse many years ago, so this brings back wonderful memories. I smell like someone spilled their drink on me. And I don't mind that one bit in this case ;)

[added] Good lords this stuff lasts a heck of a long time. It's now 8 hours later and it's still going strong. That's too bad. I prefer scents to have faded by this time so as to give my poor nose a rest. I guess this one's for the swap pile after all. drat :(

Edited by rawgirl75

In the bottle - Coffee and a touch of spice

Wet on me - A warm, spicy, slightly nutty, latte scent

Dry on me - A warm, milky coffee

Overall - I never get much pumpkin from this, but I don't particularly mind that. For me this is a lovely warm, comforting coffee scent

Rather than make this coherent, I'm going to write what came to mind while I was testing this.

-"OMG COFFEE."

-"OMG COFFEE THAT I CAN WEAR."

-"Mmm, cinnamon coffee."

-"Yumyumyumyum."

This is what a guy friend said:

"What is that smell coming off of you? It smells like oatmeal or pumpkin or something. I want to devour you, or bake you into a pie."

Basically, this is the perfect coffee scent for me because it's not actually creamy. Creamy and I don't get along AT ALL, but this is super amazing, and it never turns funky. It is surprisingly deep, dark and well-rounded for a pumpkin scent. I can smell the brown sugar quite clearly (oatmeal), and it's AMAZING. I am in love with this, and like my friend, I would totally devour anything that smelled like it.

I had high hopes for this, but coffee scents seem to disappear on me--I guess I get my caffeine fix however I can? ;)

For most of the day (12+ hours), it smelled just like I had smeared some cinnamon and nutmeg on my hand. Later, something that smelled like the BPAL "cookie" note came out.

It's only about 15 hours later that it has mellowed out a bit, enough at least to smell something other than spices, but it's nothing spectacular on my skin.

Oh well.

Ok, I looove pumpkin lattes, and even though I am a huuuge foody...I'm not sure I want to smell like one.

In the imp this is pretty much what it sounds like-a heavily spiced pumpkin latte. Makes me want to go to Sbux right now :x It's a bit stronger on the spiced pumpkin than on the latte, at least in the imp.

Nyeerrghh on my skin the cinnamon is SO STRONG. I like cinnamon, but this is overwhelming. O_o It's odd, because the other reviews don't get this at all. But this is like 80% cinnamon, 15% pumpkin, 5% coffee. I'ma let it settle and see how it goes on my skin.

The cinnamon/spice calms down a lot on my skin-still there, but way more mellowed. I still get waaaaay more pumpkin than coffee. This sort of reminds me a spiced pumpkin pie scent. Yummy, but honestly not something I would really wear. May dump this rest of this into my scentbug tho :x

In the bottle this smells like a full on strong coffee. That scent you get when you walk into a coffee shop and that wonderful combination of beans hits your nose.

On, it's entirely similar to in the bottle. A gorgeous coffee scent.

In a few minutes this turns into a warm and rich coffee scent with fantastic hints of gingerbread and warm spicy pumpkin.

Hours later, I can still smell it which I love since Coffee is one of my favourite scents.

This one is a surprise for me. I never thought I would have liked it as much as I do. In the bottle, I get mostly spices, primarily cinnamon. It's not a red hot cinnamon type either, but a freshly ground cinnamon with which you would use to bake. There is a tinge of pumpkin but it's barely there. Applied to my skin, I still get the fresh cinnamon, but as Pumpkin Latte dries, the pumpkin syrup note comes through, although it smells more like maple syrup. The coffee is there too but it isn't the star of the show. This one has some killer throw. I can smell it all day. I never thought I would ever want to smell like this, but oddly enough, it works. I'm even going back and forth on acquiring a backup. It's that good.

Unfortunately, this is all bitter coffee and generic foodiness on my skin. I was hoping for a paler pumpkin-milk-vanilla thing, but no such luck. It's all spiced black coffee with a hint of gooey caramel-- which isn't terrible, exactly, just not what I really want to wear. If you're looking for a dark, sultry foody blend, this is probably for you, but it's a little harsh and artificial on me.

Pumpkin Latte - I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet since it was the Halloweenie I was most excited about and the first I tried. It's awesome! It smells just like a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. It's full of sweet, creamy coffee, sweetened with pumpkin syrup and spiced with lots of cinnamon. Foody scents don't usually work on me, and I was afraid this one would have that plasticky edge that most sweet scents get on my skin, but it's perfect. It remains true throughout the life of the scent. It doesn't last as long as I like on my skin, but in a scent locket, it smells amazing all day long and makes me crave a visit to Starbucks.

This is a fantastic scent, I'm so glad I bought an imp - must get a bottle of this.

On my skin it dries down to a hearty latte scent with a hint of pumpkin and spice. It stays on quite long too.

In the words of Veronica Sawyer, "Heather, my love, there's a new sheriff in town!" The second this blend hit my skin I knew I had found my new number one BPAL. Pumpkin Latte veritably annihilated previous reigning pumpkin champion Pumpkin Cheesecake and snatched its title away in the very first round! My boyfriend took one sniff of my wrist and started contemplating which of his belongings he was going to sell first in order to buy me more bottles of this. I have never seen him have such an instantaneous and dramatic reaction to any BPAL before and he loves all of my BPAL fragrances, but this was just ridiculous. He was practically ready to sell his organs on the black market to get me more of this stuff. Pumpkin Latte is exactly THAT. GOOD!

In the bottle, this baby smells great - slightly spicy, certainly foody, with a base of rich espresso rounding it out. The real magic occurs, however, when this blend hits my skin. Then this blend becomes the perfect balance of spice, sweetness, and depth minus even the remotest hint of anything cloying or plastic, as sweet and/or foody blends can sometimes do when combined with my skin chemistry. I can find no flaw whatsoever with Pumpkin Latte. It's so perfectly balanced...foody without being too much so, cinnamon-y and spicy without smelling of Red Hots candy, rich with a subtle coffee aroma devoid of any bitterness...totally wearable with great throw and longevity.

After reading the reviews I was ambivalent to buy this blend, thinking it would probably have that weird, disheartening cloying and/or plastic top note that has ruined so many otherwise wonderful sugary/foody blends for me, but this is absolute perfection without reservation and beyond reproach.

Perfectly balanced parts of WIN from Gluttony + Chimera + espresso + pumpkin = Pumpkin Latte. Heaven.

10 out of 10. Brava!

:thud:

bottle: coffee. just like walking into a coffee shop.

wet: cinnamon and coffee with a faint creamy note in the background. but that's when i sniff right up against my skin. at a distance this smells just like a mug of spiced coffee.

dry: this is more spices than anything else as it dries, creamy spice with a tiny touch of coffee. yummy.