Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dark vintage musk enrobed in a velvet black swirl of plum, precious resins, opium tar, sweet incense, and Nepalese amber.

Rats. Nothing but nasty powder and old lady soap on me. I thought this would be my holy grail, given the notes. Menopause sucks, I tell you. Stuff that should work doesn't, stuff I would never want to wear smells good, and then it changes around the next day. Stupid chemistry.

Similar to the previous poster, I get nothing but soapiness and musk. This is the kind of musk that I amp to high heaven and that smells very perfumey. It's the same reason I couldn't wear Gypsy Moth.

the other notes....the smoke and incense and cool stuff? Never even showed up! :(

:cry2:

ladyjc frimped me this, and her loss turned out to be my gain. This isn't a scent I'd wear every day, but as a special-occasion scent I think it's amazing. The opium tar is the strongest note, and the scent as a whole is very smoky and musky, with just very subtle floral and fruit things going on way in the background. It reminds me of the heady perfumes I associated with sophisticated older women when I was a kid. I'll be rationing my decant for the best winter parties, I think.

Like Mountaingrrl, I think this smells like sophisticated older woman perfume, and I love it. :thud: The opium is thick and sweet with resins, with just the right amount of powdery amber and just enough sweet plum to make it sexy. I only need a drop of this, it's VERY intense.

This is a tarry sweet, warmly gritty, gunpowdery musk on me. I'm getting a lot of the opium, incense, resins and musk, but nothing of the amber or plum, as far as I can tell. They're kind of swallowed up the more powerful notes. This is just beautiful-- smooth, filthy rich and well-blended. I wouldn't mind a bottle of this!

Romanti.Goth is definitely a sister to Gun Moll in my book, though a little sweeter.

i expected this to be my favorite of the bat's day goth scents, but romanti.goth and i don't really seem to get along. :( i don't get any of the plum, sadly- to me this is more like incense smoke and vetiver, even though the latter is not a listed note- i get a sort of bitter smokiness that i tend to associate with vetiver. it's a very dark, heavy, dry scent.

first impression: oh shit, I love this so much. It's instant. And probably impossible to find. Warm, dry, thick…like incense clung to my skin. it's everything I want it to be.

Now that it has had time to work with my body chemistry... I still love it. oh dear oh dear.

In bottle: I was a bit afraid to even sniff it after reading this topic, thankfully I listened to my heart. This is heavy so this has staying power. Even after one sniff.

On me: A heavy galore! Snake charmer comes to mind, but this is more dry without all the levels... Wait! The plum in the background is not sweet at all, creating an exciting sexy layer.

During the day: The plum comes up and I am not sure what to think about it, but the other notes are thankfully heavy. Creating one of my favorite blends ever.

In the Bottle: Sweet, deep and resin-y, this actually, on first sniff, reminds me most of original Black Lace, the tobacco-cognac aspect of it. so, it's off to a great start ;)

Wet On Skin: Yup, still getting a variation of Black Lace, but perhaps with some...amber? in the mix.

Dry Down: My boyfriend is perceiving a "soapy" note, but I think it's the musk starting to shine through. To me, this has morphed into a combo of Black Lace and the White Musk I used to buy at the Body Shop back in High School :yum:

In All: Medium throw, this is a "skin" scent, which means to me that even as it moves around and extends itself, there's something that still reads as being close to the skin. intimate and romantic, this scent lives up to it's name.

For keeps! :wub2:

damnit, this is just too resiny for me...must be sandalwood or frankincense? all i seem to get is heavy resins that turn to a peppery-lead scent on me. not all that romantic. i wish the musk, plum and amber blossomed on my skin more, but this is pure resins and opium, which isn't working with my skin chemistry. bummer.

Sniff: Definitely dark and heavy. I'm getting a rubbery sweet note, like cherries and vinyl. It's not bad, just unexpected.

Wet: Ah, here are the woods! Rich, dense resin, like heavy velvet drapes. This isn't church incense, it's too dirty and musky, has too much tobacco smoke flavor to be sacred. There is definitely a sweetness but I can't exactly identify it as plum. It smells almost like almonds or cloves, sharp and buttery rather than sugary. I think there's some myrrh in there too.

Dry: Delicious musk mixed with warm powdery sweetness and dark woods. Every now and then, I get a whiff of that vinyl note and oddly enough, it's growing on me. It only adds to the persona of the blend, dark and seductive. I don't think I could wear this often, as it's so dramatic and heavy. But I do like it very much!

Sometimes I feel like it's harder to review scents that I really like than it is to review ones I feel more blah about. Such is the case with romanti.goth. I can tell you straight up, I think it is totally, totally wonderful. But it's hard to explain just what makes it so lovely and wonderful.

It smells rich and elegant and decadent and dark. I get clouds of opium, amber, resins. The plum gives it a sweetness that doesn't overwhelm. Curiously, I don't get a lot of what I recognize as incense scent, though if I had an incense that smelled like this I'd burn it constantly. Um.

Though the notes are different, the feeling of this reminds me of Arachnina. And in some ways, of Blood Countess. There's just something about it that smells really luxurious to my nose. It is really strong on my skin and lasts for hours and hours, so I think it might be overwhelming as a day to day scent-- but this is a scent that just screams special occasion to me. It makes me want to put on a low cut dress and swill champagne and act very fabulous.

In the Imp (ITI): Heady opium opens the show, followed by the Nepalese musk, the slightly spicy plum, , flanked by the resins. It’s exotic but certainly romantic at the same time.

Wet: Spicy plum, heady opium, musk and amber combine in a forceful but pleasant experience. As it dries the plum and the resins get stronger.

Dry: 12 hours later, it still remains, faint enough not to be overpowering, but strong enough to still smell well on my wrist. Dry, the opium, sweet incense, and amber have merged together in a lovely combination that is indeed romantic. It reminds me of walking a room heavy with incense but tinged with sweet florals and subtle treats. Lovely!.

Every note in this is a winner to me, so I've been dying to get my hands on some of this. I finally managed to purchase a decant and now I'm heartbroken.

In the imp: Nice dark incense/resin scent with a "purple" feel to it.

Wet: Soap. I get a hint of incense and musk, but the predominant scent is expensive soap.

I tried leaving this on to see if it changed at all, but after about 30 minutes I started to feel a migraine coming on and my allergies went crazy. After washing it off (or trying to - usually Lush's I Love Juicy shampoo removes even the most stubborn oils, but not this time!) a bit of scent remains on my wrist and it actually smells amazing. I prefer my amazing scents to come migraine free though. Totally heartbroken, but at least I got to try this.

When I first opened the bottle all I could smell was something strong and almost astringent, which I think may have had something to do with the resins.

Wet: For the first 5 minutes it spelled like some kind of orange cleaner. I couldn't remember all the ingredients in Romanti.Goth, so I was thinking there was some neroli in there. No plum in sight.

Drydown: Over the next half hour it morphed into soap, and then transitioned into orange-y Play-Doh. YUK!!! For around a little over an hour and a half.

Then the Play-Doh goes away and I'm left with the most lovely smelling musk and opium scent with a big throw.

For hours this goes on, and then I get the powdery amber along with the musk and opium and almost a vanilla bean smell.

I put it on last night at around 8 PM. When I got up in the middle of the night I could still smell it. Then when I woke up this morning I could still smell it on my wrists. I could even smell it in my morning shower until I scrubbed it off!

Well, I decided to wear it again today and those 2 hours while it's morphing are annoying, but it's so worth it to get to the outcome -- a wonderful feminine, sexy musky smell which lasts for hours and hours.

Ohhh, I love this! I knew I would, and I do! It's finally the perfect opium scent - I have Opium Poppy, but that's so heady and perfumey and floral, whereas this is more what I would imagine an opium den to smell like; spiced and smoky and incensey, a little like the taste of really good hash. Plum is a new note for me - I never liked the sound of it, but love it in Snake Charmer, and it's vaguely similar in this, just a sort of soft, sexy sweetness.

This is a little more 'perfume' smelling than I usually like, but that doesn't bother me - it's so incensey and opium-y and smoky that the main impression is dark and velvetty, rather than Mom Perfume. Nonetheless, it's probably not something I would wear to go out very often - I think it just smells too comforting for a Going Out situation, but I've been wearing it constantly at home since it arrived, it really feels like the sort of scent to wrap yourself up in a velvet cloak and listen to Bauhaus at 3am while writing sinister poetry...

Love, love, love! :D

I could really use a pick-me-up today, I figured trying this out my e just the thing! (I hope)

Wet: Mmmm Initially it reminds me of the Laces. Which is not a bad thing at all. This is fruitier though - the dark plum is lovely. The incense and opium are sexy and smoky. The Napalese amber is sweet and glorious (one of my favourite notes of all time)

Dry: The throw is lovely - more sweet plum and amber with the opium. Nose to wrist though, it's all opium and it's not really my thing. I have learned though, that often that means I need to test it somewhere warmer, like the crook of my elbow. Currently though I am just too chilled to roll up the sleeves of my sweater (like another reason the throw and close-up scent are so different...I'm frozen!) and test this in the crook of my elbow. So I will revisit this!

We got a winner here! ♡ To me, Romantic Goth is the love child of Black Lace and Black Taffeta. A bit too sweet to me when wet but then it morph into this sexy , heavy rich musky cologney type of perfume with a swirl of plum, strong opium, a touch of powdery amber and incense. This is very well blended, oh so dark, so vamp, so vintage :3 ♡♡♡ Mighty throw and one drop last forever!

Romanti Goth is in my top 5 ♡

♔ Romanti.Goth

In the Bottle: Sweet, deep, resinous opium incense.

Wet: Whoah the sweet incense in this smells like a thick puffy cloud of deep temple incense. It shares the same perfumey sweet-smoky vibe as Black Lace and reminds me exactly of this blend, sans the added sweet creaminess. The amber gleams through a little sweet and cologney, it’s one of my favourite ambers and blends seamlessly with other heavier resins! The plum doesn’t add any depth of fruitiness or sweetness to the blend. It glorious and heady, rich and intoxicating.

Drydown: Such a dark incense with enough sweetness to be deemed playful, wistful, elegant and romantic…the darker side of romantic. Rich, ambery, musky incensy cologne. It’s so beautiful but having said that- I do prefer Black Lace.

TL;DR: Sweet resinous incense and gleaming amber musk.

Edited by celestia