Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Zombie Apocalypse

Swirls of red jelly and sugary white ooze.

In the imp, I thought I was getting Floating Brain, but on my skin it's been nothing but lovely red (strawberry?) jelly. It's taking a bit of a sharp tone as it dries, so I'll need to come back and update when it finally dries.

Okay. now that it's dry, it stayed that fun red jelly but reminds me so strongly of Floating Brain that I don't think I'll want a full bottle of it. I'll be looking around for an empty or nearly empty bottle at the very least. Edited by Shollin

Upon first sniff from the bottle, I thought "Oh crap, boozy caramel." :ack:

Caramel usually goes VERY boozy on me.

Then I dabbed some on............

At first I got a caramel/hazelnut kind of scent, with a hint of strawberry.

Five minutes later, the caramel/hazelnut has gone. It's all strawberry candy...like a strawberry version of Bloody Mary.

Ten minutes later and it's VERY sweet strawberry candy. Infact, it reminds me of the scent of the original Strawberry Shortcake doll in the 80's (Minus the smell of the plastic doll itself). :lol:

Definitely a keeper!

This is AWESOME! :yum:

I feel like something went very very wrong with my decant of this. Or my skin. or something hormonal going on? i'll be trying it again in a few weeks just to see. But as of now...

In this imp this was hardcore strawberry jelly, and cream, and I was in heaven. SO looked forward to trying it on. So when i did, I was in denial about this sharp, acidic, overly sweet grossness that attacked me.

So I'd sniff my wrist- and on sniffing it there's this caramel, soft vanillaish, beautiful scent. But when I sit back a moment, some light note hits me in the face and makes me ill. Even today, I think about ZA and get queasy. o_o Which has never, ever happened before to me. Something in this just sort of sparks that gag-reflex for me. You know, like... when you see someone hurl, and you want to. THAT.

And it was disturbing because under that one bad note, was a delicious scent.

I dunno what happened. I'm... so uber depressed. Gag. Will try again in a few weeks but it's not looking good ;_;. Had AMAZING throw on me, and lasted through wash after wash as I was trying not to get ill.

I'll just... sniff the imp. Maybe try a scent locket. :sick2:

In the bottle, this smells like caramel cream and a fruity something that is both sweet & sharp at the same time.

On my skin, this is a very mellow fruity note. It's not overly sweet, but it is sweet and makes me think of jam with large chunks of fruit and not a lot of sugar in it. I think it smells like strawberry. It also keeps remining me of strawberry fruit roll-ups. As it dries down, there's just the tiniest hint of something like caramel cream underneath the fruit.

This is a light scent that doesn't have much throw. It only lasts about 3 hours on me as well. I like it, though. Strawberry fruit roll-ups and caramel cream candy, but not overly sweet or cloying at all. Soft, creamy, strawberry candy...

This is a really simple, light smell on me, but I can still see myself wearing it from time to time.

Sniffed: Pale yellow oil. Teeth-achingly sweet and rich (almost buttery) brown sugar-caramel and slightly artificial/candyish strawberry jelly.

Wet: More strawberry jelly, but it's also more fake and candyish, and actually, it takes an almost artificial cherry hint as well. Still extremely foody, but now with an odd mentholic undertone, like artificial sweetener. The brown sugar-caramel thing is identical to Sugar Skull, of which I am not a fan.

Dry: Strawberry amping, but it's definitely that fake strawberry note that used to be de rigueur for the lab. Still very oddly mentholic, which I guess must be the fake cherry? But it still reminds me of artificial sweetener, and it's very unpleasant. This smells more buttery and cakelike too, more foody as it dries. Still very brown sugar-caramel.

Summary: Fake mentholic strawberry and cherry candy over light brown sugar. Extremely sweet, artificial and...disgusting. Even a little putrescent. Insanely strong throw & great longevity.

:ack:

Edited by fairnymph

Ok, it does smell a little buttery sniffing from the vial, but it changes once I put it on. I get tangy strawberry jam smell everyone is talking about, the strawberry jam softens up after awhile and I get a the "sugary glaze".

My first review! :lol: Here it goes...

In the bottle: Thick, sweet, sticky butterscotch! :yum:

Wet on my skin: There's a sudden blast of ripe red berry (and I do mean BLAST - I actually drew back from my wrist with a "Woah!"). It mixes with the creamy butterscotchy scent and is almost overwhelming. It almost reminds me of making fake blood out of corn syrup & red kool-aid powder!

Drydown: Oh gods, I'm in love! The scent has mellowed & the berry has calmed down to something really lovely. And I can seriously say that I kinda want to eat my arm :P

Verdict: A definite keeper! I wish I'd gotten more than a half-imp, but it was my first decant circle so I wanted to be cautious. Now I'll probably be hunting for more! BRRRAAAAAAAIIIINNNSSS... ;)

I don't really get much strawberry jam from this like everyone else does.. First applied it's very much a "burnt sugar" note. Not really caramel to me.. but like bubbling brown sugar on the top of a pastry. There is a hint of the same strawberry as in Floating brain, and like Floating brain it eventually goes plasticy on me. As someone above said, like the Strawberry Shortcake dolls :lol: I knew it would, but I HAD to have something called Zombie Apocalypse :) Blends like this require me to reapply several times during the day, but their novelty is worth it.

This begins as a really nice and realistic jelly doughnut scent on my skin. I was crossing my fingers for it because I love zombie flicks and this seemed like a fairly different sort of foodie scent that would actually work on me.

Strangely, a lot of the Dark Delicacies scents are failing me on the drydown. This one turns into a weird Christmassy-smelling disaster on me, very strong and while not unpleasant, this kind of smells like a Christmas candle, one of the ones meant vaguely to smell like baked goods. For some reason there's a spicy bit in here that even my boyfriend with the untrained nose remarked smelled like "Thanksgiving". The red jelly isn't cranberry jelly, is it? :yum: Oh, well.

In the bottle, it's an amazingly intriguing red jam scent. As it dries, it's jam and powdered sugar (I can totally see raspberry donuts here). But, once it has dried, it is crazy plastic and strawberries. I wanted to love this (ZOMBIES!!!), but, alas, it's not for me.

MmmmMmmmMMmmm braaaaaaaaaaains!

Gooey squidgy raspberry jam! It goes on that way, and pretty much stays that way after going through a slight spicey phase for a minute. Yummy!! I just had a really big huff of it on my arm, and it made me sneeze, but in a good way :D

Edited by sunshinedaisybliss

I can smell the strawberry jelly*, I think maybe this will work on me but then I get the whiff of the old curried donut of death.

On skin the curry scent amps up so much that it's just horrible on me. Bah!

*jelly as in the dessert not what we in the UK call JAM.

It smells like sweet strawberry jam. It's fantastic. It smells like jam and not fresh fruit, but delicious. I love it!

Edited by BuxomM

my only note about this scent from the last DSWC was "fresh glazed doughnuts!"

and now that i'm in a less scented environment, in trying it again i get a little more than that.

this time, it is just DOUGHNUTS. glazed, powdered, and jelly filled, crullers, maple-glazed, the works.

although in a way it seems like it might be the love-child of Sticky Pillowcase and the White Chocolate Strawberry.

the sad thing is that after five minutes or so, it becomes raspberries (eww) and plastic.

Honestly, the biggest thing I get out of this blend is the brown sugar/caramel/maple syrup sugar --- and maybe at the beginning, a hint of red berry menthol. Other than that, it's pretty much been a sugar blend with a tiny hint of cake as it dries.

Meh.

Got this in a package yesterday, and I immediately had to try it...

Someone else said up-thread that this smells like Strawberry Jelly -- not just strawberry, but specifically strawberry jelly. I have to agree. I was trying to describe it to a friend over the phone last night, and after fumbling around for a minute (ie: It's got a strawberry/cherry/raspberry vibe, but not like the strawberry of Strawberry Moon, which went all plastic-y on me... and there's something vaguely vanilla-y, but not overwhelmingly so...) I finally said "The strawberry is more like a strawberry filling... like... I dunno... a Pop-Tart."

Then I stopped and sniffed my arm again.

That's it... a strawberry/cherry Pop-Tart. (which goes along with the strawberry-filled donut that everyone else is mentioning.)

After I while, it did start to remind me of the Strawberry Shortcake dolls... not that it really smelled plastic-y on me, just that for some reason, it smelled like Strawberry Shortcake. *shrug* I don't get it either. :)

edit: Aha! Myotis got the non-plastic-y Strawberry Shortcake scent, too! :lol: )

--M

Edited by Moryssa

In vial: 1st sniff: caramel, 2nd sniff: red jam - no particular flavour - just red.

3rd sniff: burnt sugar, as in Fruitcake or Sugar Skull.

Wet on skin: burnt sugar caramel - like the melted sugar you use to glue a gingerbread house together, but which isn't nice to eat because you let it brown for too long! Or like the dark crust of a rich fruitcake that has baked a long time.

Dry on skin: there is a faint jammy note there, but the predominant smell is burnt sugar. It starts to smell a little greasy too, so perhaps it's a little donutty, but these donuts have been burnt! I do rather like it, though!

In the imp: chokingly heavy burnt sugar

Wet on my skin: more of the same. Very heavy and sweetish burnt sugar. No strawberry jelly, no cakeish notes...

Drying/dry: Still burnt sugar with maybe just the tiniest hint of something vaguely strawberry drowning in all the burnt, sticky mess.. I was really hoping to like it too. Strawberry filled donut sounds like a lovely thing to smell like.

*sigh* off to the swap pile.

How very odd, these zombies, they run a donut shop.

It starts off quite strong when wet with a mixed raspberry/strawberry 'mushed berry' sweetness, and doughiness emerges later. The scent veers off towards strawberry sugar, but not in a cotton candy way, it's like the remnants of gooey sticky strawberry jam when you've misfired on your toast. Sticky, like that feeling between your fingers.

Not bad. I will keep my bottle.

In the bottle, it smells like shrieking caramel. Scary, wet gooey, foody caramel.

Applied, the caramel tones down almost immediately to sugar. My high school job was Dunkin Donuts, and this smells like the vat of gunk they dip donuts in to make glazed donuts. Just exactly like that vat.

But then, after a minute or so, it has an intense strawberry jelly scent. It becomes glazed strawberry donuts. Which I guess works to make squishy guts for zombies, but these zombies are going to get cavities. Too sweet by far for me, but I felt "uneducated" not having tried a really foodie scent.

Wet, dry, doesn't matter- I get a red jelly doughnut. I could not be happier with this one! For once, a sweeter scent with sugar that doesn't go plastic on me! I bought two bottles unsniffed, and I'm trying to hunt down more.

At first this reminds me of Blackberry Jam and Scones, only this is more Strawberry Jam with less Scones.

After awhile it is only Strawberry Jam.... This is actually quite strong. Sadly on my skin something starts to happen to the strawberry. It starts to smell... kind of rotten....

Yep, basically a jelly doughnut, with gooey red filling and powdered sugar. I guess I can see the comparisons to Sugar Skull, but this doesn't have that indefinable perfumey quality that has gotten me addicted to Sugar Skull-- the red jelly note makes it a bit too generic-fruit-scented. But I'll probably keep the decant just for the awesome zombie label. :D

Wet this smelled like cherry syrup and caramel sauce. Nice and sweet. But the dry-down was so different. It was a plastic tart cherry. Not what I wanted. I mean it wasn't bad but very generic smell. I agree with the poster above that said cherry pop-tart.

I was hoping for something more along the lines of Bloody Mary, and maybe it's my skin chemistry but this was a disappointment.

I had really wanted to love this because the name just rocks and I love zombie movies but alas it was not ago for me.

Edited by silver_springs