Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheDarkMother

Decadence

I couldn't find this one anywhere on the site so...YAY! New scent!!!

In the Bottle: Almond oil and cinnamon, I think. Yummy cinnamon. Mmm...cinnamon.

On Me: Definately cinnamon...and there is a sort of powdery smell afterwards. There is a hint of citrus there as well...could it be lime? The baby powder is sort of taking over this scent and everything else is in the background...

A walk into a woman room, her vanity cluttered with several pots and tins of various things, her powder for her face open, the brush lying askew leaving spots of powder on the vanity. On the vanity is a martini glass that only has the dredgs at the bottom left in it. The lime peel that was on the glass is carelessly discarded on the vanity, lying amongst the drops of powder. The incense stick of cinnamon is still slightly smoldering, the tiny curls of smoke wafting in the air past the discarded sheer robe on the back of her chair.

That looks like a pretty still live scene, don't you think? I think I might try to paint that one.

I'd get this one in a Big bottle. Yum! :P

Whoa! This one smells strongly of cinnamon when first applied-- very much in the vein of Three Witches. As it mellows, there is a soft background aroma of vanilla cake, ginger, allspice, and perhaps a shot of rum. It is definitely a spicy, hot scent, perfect for the colder months.

When I was little I used to have this instant spiced cider mix I drank all the time, and for the first hour or so Decadence smelled exactly like it, cinnamon spicey, liquid & hot.

After awhile it gains this almost-powdery undertone that makes it richer and more lush. Gorgeous. It's very autumnal, I like it a lot.

*Swoon*

Decadence. Is... decadent. Gorgeous.

First whiff: Cinamon! One of my all time favorite notes. I think I detect some citrus overtones, too. Rich, yet bright. VERY alluring.

On: My chemistry seems to be brining the citrus notes out more now, but it's not a 'house hold cleanser' kind of citrus. It's very Fruity-juicy. Staying power for sure! Big bonus in my book! It also seems to have an alcoholic-sangaria almost scent. It's almost like cider, but, more alcohlic I think.

A few hours later: Light, but still there. Can't really detect any cinamon anymore at all.

All in all? I'd get a 5ml of this in a heartbeat. It's going on my wishlist!!

-Leslie

Decadence...

Almond, cream, orangey (but just a little) honey, maybe a little champaigne. This is like an expensive liqueur, or a lovely hand dipped truffle. Definitly Decadent, and I really want this in a large bottle. It's Gorgeous! l :P

my experience with decadence was a lot like fairywingmaker's. i didn't smell any cinnamon at all, and i'm glad cause i get a rash from oils containing it. on me, decadence smells of orange oil, almonds, and now that fairywingmaker mentions it, champagne as well. it's a warm, soft scent, tending more towards the bright than the deep dark side.

i don't know if this wears well on me, but i will try using it in my oil warmer tonight!

This is pleasant, but it's so light it's hard for me to really like it. In my first hour, I smell cinnamon, but it's really light. I don't get the Red Hots impression I normally do. It's wafting on a soft background of orange (again, very light). In my second hour, the cinnamon gets even lighter and receds into the background. Then, Decadence is gone. Sort of like really decadent chocolate that encounters me.

A tiny bit of the cinnamon"y" bite but only at the very begining. My skin did not turn red, so it must not actually contain the cinnamon oil.

Then Decadance morphs into a mellow "after dinner" scent. A tiny bit orange, almond with a hint (& I mean hint) of patchouli.

I have no idea the oils that are actually in the formula but this is what I detect on moi.

RHM

The wonderful thing about getting to try a prototype of an unreleased scent is the complete and utter surprise. Decadence has stolen my heart.

First Impression: I can tell there is dragon's blood in this by the color. Oh yes, almond liquer, dragon's blood and cinnamon.

Second Impression: This is oh-so-good. Amaretto mulled with cinnamon, cloves and orange peel blended with dragon's blood and sweetened with a touch of bourbon vanilla. Glorious, edible, sexy. Decadence is a spot-on name for this scent.

Final Analysis: I'm in love. :P This is going to be a perfect wintertime perfume. Need more!

Argh... Almonds. One day I'll learn. Sweet almonds like Amaretto though, and they go quite quickly. Ooh! Drying down to something sweet and cinnamon-food-y. This smells like cinnamon alcohol, if that makes sense. Something heady and christmasy, like pomander balls. Yup, cloves in there and I think I get the edge of orange mentioned before.

I'm not too wild about cinnamon or almonds on my skin, but this blend is soft and spicy. I'll try it again when the weather gets colder. The cloves are tickling my nose in a worrying manner, but it does smell like Christmas!

ETA: Second try and this is Grand Marnier, Cointreau and Amaratto!

EATA: Oooh - third go and this dries down to cloves - smells like the black clove ciggies I used to smoke when I had a friend in NY to bring them over :P

*ahem* :D <----non-smoker.

Edited by Lady Ravenglass

As Lady Ravenglass mentioned, Decadence is a Christmassy smell. It's definitely an autumn/winter scent, rich and warming. If this has dragon's blood resin in (I agree with Andrabell that the colour suggests it does), it has converted me, I didn't think I liked blends with it in before.

In the bottle and initially wet I smell cinnamon strongly and an amaretto/almond smell. To me it does not smell overtly alcoholic (eg like Hellcat does on me) but there is something in the background giving it depth and warmness. On dry-down the cinnamon has receded a bit and the almondy-vanillary smell is coming out together with what I think is the dragon's blood resin. Luckily I have no reaction to cinnamon in other blends so I can't comment on whether it is to be avoided by those who are sensitive. I can't really smell the citrus the others have mentioned, but there are definitely other things in the background which my nose isn't good enough to detect!

Decadence is pretty longlasting on me, 5 hours after application it's still doing fine. I'm really interested in what's in this, if it was on the website I would be seriuosly considering a big bottle. I think this would be perfect with some almond/other base oil in a long hot bath in winter, with candles and music, snow on the ground outside....

Decadence, on me you're apricot and almonds. Apricot first of all, loudly so and reminding me of the way I fell in love with Depraved.... but then it mellows to a strongly almond and Amaretto note. I'm thinking of cyanide! Maybe I'm just in a morbid frame of mind.

It will make an amazing scent for Halloween, mysterious and darkly sleepy.

Decadence

Preconceived notions: I thought it would smell good :).

In the vial: Ooh! Almonds and spice - yay!

On me:

At first:

Yes, almonds and spice - a brighter, bolder, sunnier Hecate. And now there’s something warm, vanilla, maybe? It’s deeper and sweeter than originally, and while I miss the spice, I still like this.

In a few minutes:

This is a luxurious, sensual, and yes, decadent scent. The spice has returned, to join with the sweetness and the almonds. Oh, oh my is this nice.

45 minutes after putting it on:

Still spicy almonds. Lovely.

Final impressions: I really, really like this. I wish it lasted longer. The second time I tried it, I got orange at first, and it had faded within an hour.

Ok, im brand new at this and im also a bit stuffy, but my first impression of this scent wet on my skin is lebkuchen, the spice cookies my grandma makes for hannukah. its almonds, orangepeel and ginger and cinnamon all rolled up together.

Here goes--my first review.

At first sniff I get oranges.. and spice. Warm and just slightly sweet.

On application I smell cinnamon--and I love cinnamon.

In time it dries down to an orangey, cinnamony, gingerbread type of scent. Like Russian tea (without the calories) :P

Decadence works well for me. The sweetness stays in the background and I smell.. just delicious..!!

This is an autumnal scent that could carry well into the holiday season.

More please!! I would definitely buy a big bottle.

At first touch against my skin this is just almondy goodness. As always (on me) it disappears quickly though. The cinnamon comes out during dry down with a (ont overwhelming) oranginess. Wow this is sweet and yummy! Actually it made me hungry. It also cheered my up on what has been a cold wet and generally unpleasant day. It sort of reminded me of Lady Grey tea. For the first 15 minutes I found myself thinking "maybe I put on too much." It wafted up at me while I am typing. After dry down the spiciness of the cinnamon slowly morphs into a spicy & slightly fruity scent, like flavored black tea or orange-cinnamon incense. After about 30-45 minutes though I have to hold my nose to my wrist to get anything at all. I really loved this one, but just wished it lasted longer.

Normally, I'd do a real review, but unfortunately I couldn't even put this one on because of my infamous almond aversion, so I'll do my best to say what I smelled in the bottle and leave it at that... :P

In the bottle, I get almonds...in your face kind of almonds, too. I seriously physically recoiled from this, but that's because of the aforementioned almond phobia, not because it smelled bad necessarily (at least I imagine it wouldn't smell bad to other people). Being the brave little trooper that I am, I gave it another go, breathing shallowly and trying to stick it out and I got almonds and...cherry cola. :D

I would have guessed this was going to be cinnamony or have dragon's blood in it based on the color in the bottle, a lovely cherry red. Now, I love cinnamon, it smells beautiful, and maybe there is some hiding in here, but I couldn't bring myself to put this on; the almond was there, mocking me with it's very presence, and, as much as I love to try unreleased scents, I just couldn't put this one on.

So, the bottom line? On someone else I'm sure it'd be gorgeous, but it lost me at "almond."

Edited by Penance

I love these deep scents where I can smell all the different layers. My Decadence seems to have honey, almond, cream something a little winey and a dash of orange. It doesn't last that long on me but that doesn't matter too much since I'm a slather it on kinda girl. I can't wait to get a 5ml of this one!

I got Decadence in a swap from Penance :P

Oh my, I really thought I was going to love this when I first put it on. I love almond and I got that cherry cola burst right away that let me know there was almond in this. Soon I got dragon's blood resin, it was a lovely combination. But then some odd note appeared, I'm wondering if there is red musk in this? Anyway, it's something that makes other blends go iffy on me or maybe it's just the combination of other notes that isn't working for me. Later on I got orange, but still that funky note. It's not really bad but enough to keep me from wanting to reach for a scent. So I'm swapping it :D

This is nearly perfect on me...nearly! (A million thanks to Lady Ravenglass for letting me try it.)

It's this wonderful, spicy orange smell with vanilla and almond in the background. But something is making me feel a bit nauseous -- it might be that the orange is too heavy for my stomach, or maybe it's another citrus, or a liqueur scent I don't recognize. The farther way my wrist is, the less I can smell that queasy note, and the closer to perfect Decadence is. I'll try it on again later to see if it shows up again. This could quite nearly become my signature scent.

Edited by tart

When first on, this smelled almost exactly like Hawaiian punch--you know, the nice bright red kind you make from frozen concentrate. Which actually was not too bad. Then a spicier mix emerged: some red-hot cinnamon coming through. Ended up similar to Hamadryad, on me; a Christmas-candle sort of smell, but with more edible qualities and fewer florals. Pleasant! Will at least play with the imp again.

*whine* Want this to be released NOW

First sniff

Oranges and cranberries and booze oh my! A lovely bright scent that reminds me of Lush's dearly departed soap: Orange Spice & Everything Nice.

When wet

Almonds and Oranges and BOOZE. Oh and its not burning huzzah! Is that Amaretto? It's a very warm, decadent scent.

Drydown

Mmm a veryheady and slightly drydown, thers an element of booze that makes this wicked. The orange is lightly playing along the edges...this is a very heady scent.

Aftermath

Do you like foody scents? Do you like foody boozy scents? Then Decadence is for you! *silently paws at Beth to release it*

When I first put this blend on I was struck by the powerful scent of almonds. The same sort of almonds used in Snake Oil and Tarot: The High Priestess. The sort of almonds one can almost confuse with cherries (as opposed to the almonds in Queen of Sheba and Hecate, which I could never confuse with cherries, even if I tried).

Upon inhaling more deeply, I was left with the impression of chocolate oranges... the sort you get in your stocking at Christmas time. The chocolate-citrus scent was faint, but detectable, and utterly lovely. There was a distinct spicy note in this blend as well, but it didn't seem hot enough to be cinnamon, so clove seems a more likely culprit. Rounding out the blend was a rich, boozy note that reminded me of the rum in Old Port au Prince.

After several hours of wear the rum, spice and chocolate notes have disappeared and I am left with a much softer, powdery, mildly sweet scent that seems almost floral in nature. I am left imagining a flowering almond tree. This smells very different from the first hour or two.

All in all, this is a very christmasy blend. Cloves, chocolate oranges, rum and nuts? Sounds like the holiday season at my parent's house. Comparing this blend to other BPAL oils, I would have to say that Decadence reminded me strongly of Snake Oil. The two are definitely close sisters. However, to keep it in that stage, I would need to reapply every couple of hours.

Wet: reminds me of almond Biscotti!

Dry: the almond dissappears and it smells like orange candy (not a fresh orange)

Later: the orange gets less candy-like and a slight spiciness comes into play.

Nice!

I love Decadence!

On me, it smells strongly of oranges and almonds when I first put it on. I don't like orange at all, but there's something different about this orange, to me. It's a little lighter than other orange scents I've tried, somehow, or maybe it's just the blend...but I don't mind it. I am glad, however, when the orange dries down to something much gentler.

This is the first scent I've tried that morphed so completely on my skin. It starts out all almond and orange, and 5 minutes later, there's hardly any almond or orange and tons of cinnamon all of a sudden! As a big fan of cinnamon, this excites me. This is a drier, brown cinnamon, like cinnamon sticks, that I really, really love. There's still a hint of orange, but it's in the background now, making the scent bright without being outwardly orangey. There's a hint of sugar and booze in this too, but it's also a background to the cinnamon.

I wore this on Halloween night. It's so bright and fun, very festive and perfect for cold weather. I want more! :P