Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Block Buster

Used to open up options in your life, overcome obstacles, and create opportunities. This blend increases your potential for success, inspires creativity and quick thinking, and helps you to be more flexible, adaptable and open to change.

fresh out of the imp, this smells like lifesavers or some other fruity candy. sweet berries and citrus. as it dries, it turns into a potpourri scent – a pleasant one. i can’t speak to its effectiveness at overcoming obstacles. but, it does make me feel a bit more energized and okay with going out tonight, when i had been thinking about turning in early.

In the vial:

a fruit of some kind - cherry perhaps?

On me:

Oooh cinnamon! How I love you! This goes on gorgeous, it's a beautiful spicey cinnamon scent backed by some kind of fruit. In the long run, it smells of a spiced tea perhaps or maybe a cider of some kind. I looooooove this.

Final note:

So comforting and absolutely delicious smelling. Makes me think of my cinnamon cider tea :P Must have a bottle! I have no idea if it's effective, but regardless, it smells fantastic hah!

Very cinnamon cider-y apple... not over the top. I was feeling very sluggish tonight, exhausted after nearly three nights with no sleep (I very nearly fell asleep in the car on the way home from work today, if that's any indication), and after putting Block Buster on, I feel a bit more energy, and my mind is a bit more clear. I've been fighting mental fog lately with a lot of things, and this is a very welcome imp right now, let me tell you! I'm definitely going to use this up, and I may consider a bottle if it really helps me get through the next few difficult days like I think it just might!

Imp: Sweet and green with a touch of citrus...very nice...

Wet: Herbally and again, something familiar. I'm wondering if this is just me remembering the imp or something, because this happens a lot when I'm testing something for the first time.

Dry: Honey and some spice...oh wait...ow...it burns!! My skin is red and uncomfortable.

Final Thoughts: Well, I've dealt with my skin turning pink where the oils are, but I've never burned or wished I didn't put something on because of it, but this really didn't like my skin.

Cinnamon is the overwhelming note on me...hmm. Christmas? Cider or Mexican hot chocolate? Hard to tell which it's closest to.

I like cinnamon and it seems to like my skin very much but I can't imagine wearing this very often. Would be fun to have in an oil burner though.

As for the voodoo properties, ehhh. I seemed to be a little more anxious, but that isn't really a motivator for me. Just makes me end up crying :P

Lab frimpage

OMFG, I want to eat this. I'm getting the cinnamon everyone's talking about, but I'm getting clove, too, nice & hot & pungent. As it sits on my skin, an incredibly yummy fruityness comes forward - like a tart but really ripe pear, with a little booziness in the background... hard pear cider? It's threatening to go craftstore/scented candle on me, but the tartness & booziness is keeping the Michael's funk at bay...

Not something I'd wear as a public scent at all, more to wear at home when, like today, I'm feeling lost in a PMSy fog & in need of simultaneous pampering and a good kick in the pants...

Block Buster kept changing on me during the first hour of wear. At first it was powdery, then dusty roses and it finally settled on cinnamon, mint and patchouli with honey. It got a little harsh briefly and calmed down to a warm, green spiciness that was sexy and smooth.

Slowly, the patchouli took over. The mint crispness was dispelled. Block Buster ended up a sweet patchouli with a very mild cinnamon. I wish this perfume had stayed true after settling. It was so fresh and rather heady.

this smells absolutely terrible on me. i don't even know how to describe it- maybe herbal somehow, as it seems to share qualities with nero. it honestly makes me queasy when i smell it.

Thhis smells like fresh crisp apples sprinkled lightly with cinnamon on me.

As for its effiacy as a Voodoo blend...the day I wore it, I passed my driving theory test (the first step to getting my driving licence), which was wonderful! But then, within an hour, I got into a massive fight with my husband that came very close to violence on his part (he was angry and driving like a 15-year-old maniac, revving the engine, speeding in an area with tons of pedestrians, etc.). In general that sort of s**t is completely out of character for him.

Now I'm not sure whether I like Blockbuster or am afraid of it!

I got frimped this. I opened up the imp to smell it last night and a bit sprayed out onto my hand. I spent the next give hours sniffing my hand obsessively because it had this gorgeous mulberry-cinnamon smell that made me think of the holidays and seeing my family.

Today, I got off my butt and started writing my dissertation proposal, which I'd been putting off somewhat relentlessly. So methinks it may be effective as well! :P

This scent smells like Christmas to me. A nice warm spicy wintry scent. Just wish it had more throw. It's a keeper!

In the imp, this scent smelled like a vaguely herbal/fruit/licorice blend. Once it went on, it was the bastard child of lemonheads and licorice. Now that it's dry (and has given me quite the headache), it's a suffocatingly sweet licorice/floral/cassia blend.

... um... no thanks.

Okay, this stuff works! I've been procrastinating a lot lately when it comes to working out, and then when I do work out I've just been in a horrible rut. So, yesterday in the evening when I had been delaying all day long and it seemed like working out just wasn't going to happen - I put on my Block Buster. Five minutes later I was already at it, and not only that, but I had one of the best workouts I can remember for quite some time! Two thumbs up! Plus, it smells like spiced cider - not the fake stuff, but real unfiltered old fashioned spiced cider!

As I only have an imp right now, I have been applying directly under my nose to maximize minimal usage and extend the life of my small amount. However, I could totally see myself wearing this just as a perfume for the scent alone, because....spiced cider! Yum!

(Octopod; freebie received in a swap from tartchef)

That's what this is -- spiced cider! There's a faint something else in there, maybe a floral -- not jasmine, not plumeria...what is it? Magnolia? Some kind of lily? and something a little dusty-grey-green which comes and goes which I can't possibly figure out...

As to voodoo properties, I seem to be largely not susceptible to them (other than Fire of Love, that is, and I think that's just the civet), but we'll see what happens...I guess I've got some work I need to do today, so I'll see if this helps me get started on my research proposal or something.

Be very careful with this stuff. I put some on (love the scent) and went to therapy. boom. big revelation. still shaking.

imp: sort of a cinnamony/apply/honey/herbal scent.

wet: this smells like a cinnamon apple incense once applied.

dry: this is a soft cidery scent once dry. an apple scent that i didn't know about! looks like a few bottles are in my future!

I read other people's reviews because I couldn't figure out what this smelled like except slightly spicy. Hmm. Cinnamon apple cider, you guys say. I can understand that. It does smell kind of like that on me. Way heavy on the "cider" part, though. I wouldn't have thought there was apple in here. On me it smells mostly like mulling spices and some sort of wood. Not really fruit.

I love the smell of mulling spices, and I like this scent. I'm not sure about using it for its intended purpose, but the scent of it is certainly nice enough that I'd be willing to try.

Oooh, spicy tea! This is making my skin tingle though which is not a good sign. Smells very cozy and warm, though. I'm about to go work out and I've been quite sluggish for the last couple of days so maybe this'll energize me.

In the imp and wet on the skin, it smells a little bit like what would happen if Lifesavers and Sweet Tarts mated. There's a syrupy element that reminds me of cherry Lifesavers, but it's also got a tartness to it. Smells like there might also be some sort of flowers in it. People have mentioned rose and jasmine, which may very well be it, but nothing is coming directly to mind.

In the imp, it smells like stale beer mixed with honey.

On my skin it is interesting, a morphing of honey and something fruity. After a few minutes the apple comes out to play! This apple-honey-butter yummy is an intstant favorite. I am not sure if I've been more creative while wearing it, I will have to put that to the test and report back.

I hope Blockbuster is efficacious, but if not it sure does smell nice! I don't get any spice or apples; to me it smells very strongly of wisteria, with maybe something buttery or creamy in the background.

I happen to love wisteria, so this may yet be a big bottle purchase for me, efficacious or not!

A psychic frimp from the lab..Call me crazy but for me it`s all butterscotch caramel with cola, it`s delicious and foody, a blend truly inspiring happiness (cause to me happiness smells of caramel!!) and lightness :P

ETA

I decanted another imp and it smells completely different, it has that apple cinnamon note absent from the first imp. It`s delicious anyway and now I want to order another one to compare and experiment!

Edited by Champagne