Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
hkhm

Eight Views of Actors in Their Dressing Rooms

Mandarin, black tea, yuzu, tuberose, labdanum, tonka, neroli, ambergris, and lime peel.

Starts kinda harsh, but then mellows into interesting and complicated. I can't pick out the notes. It's nice, but there are other Shungas that work for me much better. Edited by Shollin
Fixed BPAL tags

Right away, I can smell the tart, citrusy scents, the mandarin and lime. They are delicious together...juicy and drinkably sweet and fresh, with just enough bitterness to make them tangy and interesting. As time passes, it becomes a much deeper and muskier scent, very, very sexy...an 'older' scent, to my nose.

To me, this is the perfume of a woman who has been there, done that, knows what she wants, and isn't afraid to rough someone up a bit with her claws while getting it. I'd rename this one to something shorter, like 'Cougar'. ;)

If someone combined equal parts of citrus and floral, that's this scent. I don't smell tea.

It's not bad- it is just a tad overpowering.

Imp: strong yellow florals and green herbs

Wet: This is a really strong scent on me. It reminds me of a "green" scented bath salt my family used to use back in the 70's and 80's phoenetically spelled "basuclin".

Drydown: There's something not right about this blend on my skin. It just doesn't smell good. This is a no go for me. :rant:

Hi Yuzu. I think I remember you being in Aizen-Myoo and the sharp citrus bite of this overwhelms everything else. Gives it almost an alcohol edge. Glad I could try it but not a keeper on my skin.

I've actually had this bottle sitting in my box of oils for months now. I completley forgot I had it! Doh!

Bottle: Mandarin right off the bat. Citrus.

Wet: Oooh very unique! This is fresh, sparkling citrus with a bunch of other things I can't quite put my finger on. This has a clean, "perfumy" quality to it.

Dry: Citrus notes always dissapear on my skin, but I sure do appreciate them while they're around! As this dries the other notes that I "can't quite put my finger on" are coming out more. This smells expensive and commercial to me, which isn't a bad thing! After about an hour I can finally pick out one individual note and that's the black tea.

Verdict: I really like this one a lot. Citrus is always fun for it's morphing qualities. I always know i'm going to smell citrus first and whatever is behind the curtain will always be a surprise. For me, this was a pleasant one! This dries into a nice bitter tea scent, unisex, clean and an overall really wearable scent. :)

Bottle: Mm. I can smell the citrus now. It's lovely, really.

Wet: Okay...why am I getting an aquatic from this? The first few sniffs are all taking me under the sea... all that lovely citrus is gone!

Dry: And back it comes! Hurrah! A nice blend of citrus with a bit of the tonka sneaking through. I think there may be some tea scent lingering in there too, but my nose is fighting to ignore it. Tea makes me sick :ugh:

Overall, beautiful scent! Another fantastic job.

This smells shockingly Night-Gaunty!

That must be the yuzu, which is significantly strong that any of the other citrus notes. Overall, it's a super-light fruity floral and definitely has that classic Japanese mood that I love, but it doesn't happen to have a whole lot of personality compared to some other similar scents I have. Delightful to try though. Eight Views is very sophisticated.

This one is a lot warmer than the notes would imply. It dries down to a warm spice scent on me with a hint of sweet mandarin. The yuzu, neroli & ambergris are all decidely minor players as I can't smell them individually at all. The tonka is what becomes dominant on me with the citrus smelling as if it has been steeped in heavy spices like cloves & cinnamon. I couldn't wear this one in summer, it would be an autumn scent for me and perfectly portrays the deep autumn colours of the painting.

The initial beginning of it is very much like Dragon Moon 06 with tonka instead of bamboo. But where Dragon Moon stays crisp and floral this one becomes deep and spicey. Overall a nice perfume, I don't love it, but I like it enough to use up the bottle and have it as an interesting alternative to the super-fresh florals crowding out my stash. This is perfectly unisex and would probably smell dead sexy on a guy.

Revisted Tonka is a strange scent and something completely new to me. Applied to my arms it has a tendency to go decidely metallic but on my torso it's soft and slightly sweet and spicey. Eight Views is a scent that you really have to give a bit of hearing to. I've decided I do actually love this as long as I apply it to the right parts of my body. It's soft and citrusy and spicey without being manly. It's also unlike anything else I've tried. Probably the only version of a typically heavy "oriental" blend I could wear. This scent is bright orange on me fading down to various shades of rust. It is light enough to wear mid-summer but still more of a fall scent I think.

Edited by HamletsKeeper

Starts off as a heavy citrus scent, nothing else is even registering to my nose. After a bit, the citrus starts to calm down and the tea begins to mellow the blend. I'm not really getting any other notes on this one. Strange.

In the end, this blend just doesn't grab me.

In the imp, I'm getting the mandarin, yuzu, and I think the tuberose. On my skin, it's mostly mandarin and yuzu, like Aizen-Myoo. Huh. We'll see how this goes. And then the tonka, black tea, and laubdanum decide to amp the hell out of the blend, all but smothering the orange. Ehh, I've got Bakeneko, and that's better on me. Off it goes.

Edited by Venneh

When I smell this in the imp, it's all yuzu - very sharp and bright. On my skin, it's very light, clear, yet stable - definitely yuzu, grounded by the tea. When it dries down, it's very clean; the citrus scent is gone, and the drydown is mostly ambergris.

Eight Views of Actors in Their Dressing Rooms - I love about a third of the notes in this, am indifferent to another third, and dislike the last third. So I wasn't sure how this would turn out on me. Sadly, the neroli kills it for me. The citrus top notes layer beautifully over the deeper, warmer, labdanum, tonka, and ambergris. The tuberose sweetens it up in a really lovely way, but damn that neroli is just stinky and rarely, if ever, allows a blend it's in to work on me. It's so close to being awesome, though! I would definitely recommend this to people who like warm notes like tonka and ambergris and sweet, bright citruses.

In the imp- Tea, tuberose, and lime.

Wet- Flowery tea, I almost want to drink my arm.

Dry- The tea takes a step back, and the rest just blends into one of the few light floral scents i love.

Interesting. This is definitely very strongly Yuzu. Like others I know this because of Aizen-Myoo. I quite like A-M though while this one has a slightly astringent quality to me in the front. It is a bit soft in the background but I can shake of that slightly bitter note. Swaps for me.

Sniff: citrus flavor, kind of like orange cream wafers. not very sharp, but strong

Wet: citrus note develops a pleasant tang and continues to brighten. the scent overall is light and crisp, verges on foodie, with hints of cream and lemon and light flowers.

Dry: dries astringent and soft. this is more like white or green tea to me, not as robust as most black teas, with only slight earthy tones. It's pretty, a very spring scent.

Citrus! The yuzu really comes through and remains strong on my skin. (wet) :D (dry) The lime peaks through and the neroli, tonka tuberose really make the yuzu/lime combo...creamy. It's lovely and clean as a scent. Don't know if I need a bottle, but I am sad that I passed this up and glad that I made myself try it. :D